SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums
Register Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums > Superior Fitness Section > Nutrition
Reload this Page No sugar for a week challenge

Nutrition Dieting & Nutrition Discussion

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By rado
  • 1 Post By Bouncer
  • 1 Post By boricuarage79

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-17, 05:29 PM
No sugar for a week challenge

Founding Member
This is going to be really hard, especially since I eat a good 2 bananas sometimes 3 ED.

I can handle not having chocolate or some minor sweets, but we shall see.

Obviously I'll be doing my minimal carbs as I always have, but I want to try this zero sugar out for a week.

I basically need to eliminate bananas and chocolate on a daily basis.

I don't drink juices or teas, no artificial sweeteners or gum either.

I drink my coffee with a splash of whole milk and even that will be eliminated.
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-17, 05:35 PM

Superior Newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by rado View Post
This is going to be really hard, especially since I eat a good 2 bananas sometimes 3 ED.

I can handle not having chocolate or some minor sweets, but we shall see.

Obviously I'll be doing my minimal carbs as I always have, but I want to try this zero sugar out for a week.

I basically need to eliminate bananas and chocolate on a daily basis.

I don't drink juices or teas, no artificial sweeteners or gum either.

I drink my coffee with a splash of whole milk and even that will be eliminated.
Bro. I've been doing it since Sunday as part of my prep. Plus the no chips, bread, wraps..its been pure hell. I get like 3grams sugar in my Aminos. Weight has stayed the same, but feeling a lil tighter. I'm 6 weeks out from show. I don't normally do this until final 2 weeks.

Honestly I expected the weight to decrease a bit but oh well.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
Old 10-05-17, 05:38 PM

Founding Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssoyegun View Post
Bro. I've been doing it since Sunday as part of my prep. Plus the no chips, bread, wraps..its been pure hell. I get like 3grams sugar in my Aminos. Weight has stayed the same, but feeling a lil tighter. I'm 6 weeks out from show. I don't normally do this until final 2 weeks.

Honestly I expected the weight to decrease a bit but oh well.

Hey man how's everything? Haven't seen you post much.

I know many people I train with, do zero sugar and have been that way for years now...zero sugar.

I know it's tough as hell.

Welcome back
Old 10-05-17, 05:43 PM

Superior Newbie
Quote:
Hey man how's everything? Haven't seen you post much.

I know many people I train with, do zero sugar and have been that way for years now...zero sugar.

I know it's tough as hell.

Welcome back
Dude. I don't post much. I read here all day. This is my USA TODAY. I'm so deep in prep for Nationals. Had helped open a UFC Gym here. Just left there bout to start something else now.

How's everything. I don't each much sugar I'll sip some juice at times but that it. I love chips tho.

Old 10-05-17, 05:49 PM

Founding Member
Quote:
Dude. I don't post much. I read here all day. This is my USA TODAY. I'm so deep in prep for Nationals. Had helped open a UFC Gym here. Just left there bout to start something else now.

How's everything. I don't each much sugar I'll sip some juice at times but that it. I love chips tho.

Everything's been good. I just like to change things up as I try different compounds. Just came off prop cycle and began sustanon and adding probably Var or superdrol once I get the right one sent to me.

Glad you still browse
Old 10-05-17, 05:50 PM

Founding Member
I'm a huge chip lover. We buy these baked kale chips that have no sugar and good amount of protein
Old 10-05-17, 06:09 PM

Superior Newbie
Quote:
I'm a huge chip lover. We buy these baked kale chips that have no sugar and good amount of protein
Me too. Ive eaten chips backstage as my carbs..

I'm finishing up
Test cup 400mg, tren 300mg, mast 600mg, he 501516, s4, sr9009, starting winny.

Gonna add in tmt300 I have 1 bottle. I tried dyel super test. Still have 2 bottles. That Shit was too strong and I felt sick next day I ran it. I ran it for like 6 weeks. Then did mini pct. Then started this current prep.

Old 10-05-17, 07:00 PM

Founding Member
Quote:
Me too. Ive eaten chips backstage as my carbs..

I'm finishing up
Test cup 400mg, tren 300mg, mast 600mg, he 501516, s4, sr9009, starting winny.

Gonna add in tmt300 I have 1 bottle. I tried dyel super test. Still have 2 bottles. That Shit was too strong and I felt sick next day I ran it. I ran it for like 6 weeks. Then did mini pct. Then started this current prep.

I just recently ran labs of his prop, and I'm in the 3000 Mark for test. He is legit!
ssoyegun likes this.
Old 10-05-17, 07:24 PM

Administrator
What's the goal Rado? Just seeing if you can do it?
Old 10-05-17, 07:30 PM

Founding Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncer View Post
What's the goal Rado? Just seeing if you can do it?
Correct.

I also want to see how different I'll feel.

I hear those that do it and get passed that stage, would never try sugar again.

It's a week and a week that's gonna be brutal. I begin on Monday and will see how it affects me not just physically/mentally, but I'm curious if they'd be any visuals.
Old 10-05-17, 08:01 PM

Administrator
i have sugar early in the day. creamer in morning with my coffee which also happens to be pre workout time so i have a protein shake and banana after my coffee then go train. then i have my pwo shake with Gatorade. thats it for sugar for the rest of the day. no way i eliminate my coffee creamer and the banana and Gatorade serve a purpose i need for the gym.

i doubt your gonna notice much bro. not like your sucking down sugar all day.
Old 10-06-17, 09:33 AM

Superior Pro
I'll join me and my tits into the sugar free challenge lol.
Old 10-06-17, 10:30 AM

Founding Member
Quote:
i have sugar early in the day. creamer in morning with my coffee which also happens to be pre workout time so i have a protein shake and banana after my coffee then go train. then i have my pwo shake with Gatorade. thats it for sugar for the rest of the day. no way i eliminate my coffee creamer and the banana and Gatorade serve a purpose i need for the gym.

i doubt your gonna notice much bro. not like your sucking down sugar all day.
My goal within a years time, is to go full keto.

But I need time to adjust lol. It would be a complete total change of a lifestyle.

I want to get my body where I'm basically just using fats for fuel. I already eat a high fat diet with minimal carbs, it's the choc, bananas type of foods I crave that would be really hard to give up.
Old 10-06-17, 10:54 AM

So you said doing some carbs but zero sugars. What has carbs but zero sugar?
Old 10-06-17, 11:01 AM

Founding Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankTheTank55 View Post
Rice
Old 10-06-17, 11:11 AM

Founding Member
I like sweets way too much. I pick the lesser of 2 evils and buy these for snacks.

Just over a month ago I got the protein cookie and now I just ordered myself Lenny and Larry's cookies.

I'm terms of what's out there, these two brands seem to have one of best products out there in regards to nutrition and ingredient content.

The protein cookie has 14g of sugar which isn't so bad, but still. I like it's high fat, protein and calorie numbers.

Lenny and Larry's makes really good sweet products
Old 10-06-17, 11:14 AM

Founding Member
I posted those pics to show how much I enjoy sweets. Luckily I train the way I do and thankful for my metabolism, otherwise I'd not be so lean.

I am not diabetic either,I just like sugar/choc/honey type stufd
Old 10-06-17, 11:24 AM

Administrator
yea those cookies are crap. not only the bit of sugar in them but the protein quality in those are like bars, just bottom barrel quality.

as for keto. i guess I don't get the end goal? you already know what to do to get in great shape. you did it with bananas etc... cutting out all carbs is a huge mistake IMO. nobody on stage be it bodybuilding or classic physique is doing full keto. they may do it the last month to pull that last bit of fat off but that's it.

going full keto you are going to take on a flat/skinny look compared to your current look. I'm not saying you will look skinny, I'm saying compared to your current self you will look deflated.

not talking shit here. just saying you already know what your doing and have gotten in great shape doing what your doing. dropping all carbs isn't going to make a better version of you bro. i'm telling you, you are going to drop weight. if you truly go full keto you are going to go down to the 180's and your workouts will suffer, just watch. big mistake brother.
Old 10-06-17, 11:29 AM

Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankTheTank55 View Post
oats, rice, potatoes. there is minimal sugars in them but not simple sugars like you find in fruits etc..

however, full keto doesn't include any carbs at all. if he does that he will regret it after a month or 2. I'm adamant about this. compared to his current self he will be skinny and weak in the gym.
FrankTheTank55 likes this.
Old 10-06-17, 11:42 AM

Founding Member
Quote:
yea those cookies are crap. not only the bit of sugar in them but the protein quality in those are like bars, just bottom barrel quality.

as for keto. i guess I don't get the end goal? you already know what to do to get in great shape. you did it with bananas etc... cutting out all carbs is a huge mistake IMO. nobody on stage be it bodybuilding or classic physique is doing full keto. they may do it the last month to pull that last bit of fat off but that's it.

going full keto you are going to take on a flat/skinny look compared to your current look. I'm not saying you will look skinny, I'm saying compared to your current self you will look deflated.

not talking shit here. just saying you already know what your doing and have gotten in great shape doing what your doing. dropping all carbs isn't going to make a better version of you bro. i'm telling you, you are going to drop weight. if you truly go full keto you are going to go down to the 180's and your workouts will suffer, just watch. big mistake brother.
You should see some of the people I train with and their full Keto diet. Some big corn fed fuckers, and ridicoulsy

In terms of snacks, those choices seem to be the lesser of what's out there. But as you see, that's pretty much my cheat snack on an ED basis.

Yea I'm a strong believer in bananas, all of my life they've been big part of my training.
Old 10-06-17, 04:20 PM

Administrator
Quote:
You should see some of the people I train with and their full Keto diet. Some big corn fed fuckers, and ridicoulsy

In terms of snacks, those choices seem to be the lesser of what's out there. But as you see, that's pretty much my cheat snack on an ED basis.

Yea I'm a strong believer in bananas, all of my life they've been big part of my training.
You think those guys you train with got that size on keto? Come on bro. Keto is about dropping bodyfat. It's not about optimal nutrition for growth or for maximum training.

There is a reason Olympians like Michael Phelps ate pounds and pounds of pasta during his training. When you are going balls to the wall you need carbs.

Keto is about getting lean. There is a reason bodybuilders only use it to drop fat the last month or so. It's a mistake Rado I'm telling you. You may get leaner but your muscles are going to go flat and your going to lose strength.

If you were fat I'd say go for it. But you have nothing to gain from this. You'll see..
Old 10-06-17, 04:37 PM

Founding Member
Quote:
You think those guys you train with got that size on keto? Come on bro. Keto is about dropping bodyfat. It's not about optimal nutrition for growth or for maximum training.

There is a reason Olympians like Michael Phelps ate pounds and pounds of pasta during his training. When you are going balls to the wall you need carbs.

Keto is about getting lean. There is a reason bodybuilders only use it to drop fat the last month or so. It's a mistake Rado I'm telling you. You may get leaner but your muscles are going to go flat and your going to lose strength.

If you were fat I'd say go for it. But you have nothing to gain from this. You'll see..
I have my size and maintaining is my goal, with single digits bf.

There's a reason many athletes do it, Tom Brady to name one....many pros do it. You have this bodybuilding mentality, I'm far from It.

It is hard for you to view my points because your mindset differs from mine. Although we both strive for the same look, we both have different approaches on getting there.

You always bring up bodybuilders etc....if you could see when we train, it's balls to the walls...and I do it very well with one banana, followed by like 4 lol
Old 10-06-17, 04:39 PM

Administrator
I brought up Michael Phelps. Is he a bodybuilder? And if you think Tom Brady is keto on game day you are a mental midget.
Old 10-06-17, 04:39 PM

Founding Member
I will begin the zero sugar on Monday and will take it one day at a time...
Old 10-06-17, 04:40 PM

Founding Member
Quote:
I brought up Michael Phelps. Is he a bodybuilder? And if you think Tom Brady is keto on game day you are a mental midget.
You obviously don't know or hear of how Tom and his family eats....but ok
Old 10-06-17, 04:44 PM

Administrator
Maybe on his downtime. Not game day.
Old 10-06-17, 04:47 PM

Founding Member
Quote:
Maybe on his downtime. Not game day.
You're his dietitian now huh? Ok man...not sure why you sound salty and against anyone doing this.

Psst....i can always go back to eating how I do; that same day
Old 10-06-17, 04:50 PM

Administrator
Not salty I'm just telling you.

Cut all carbs right now and go to the gym in 2 days time. You'll be weak as fuck compared to your normal self.
Old 10-06-17, 05:14 PM

Superior Admiral
I like sugar
Old 10-06-17, 05:36 PM

Superior Freak
Fuck that fairy gay shit sugar challenge...

Was to cheap to get nutella

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
rado likes this.
Old 10-06-17, 06:02 PM

Founding Member
Quote:
Not salty I'm just telling you.

Cut all carbs right now and go to the gym in 2 days time. You'll be weak as fuck compared to your normal self.
That's why you consume good fats for the energy. I'm not against carbs man, I'm just wanting to do something different and it's a benefit.

Not like I'm saying; "I'm going back to Panera since they have better meals these days".....there's NOTHING negative of me going KETO, and if for any reason I want to go back to normal eating.

Ummm it'll take 1 meal ya dumbass.

It works for many pros and reg athletes. There's a reason it's good and works. I don't know about you, but I like changing Shit UP.

I will begin the zero sugar actually when I get back from FL. Now that I think about it, I won't be around for home made meals and being in another state, yea kinda hard to follow it, especially since I'm just starting it.
Old 10-11-17, 03:39 PM

Founding Member
Starting tomorrow....
Old 10-11-17, 11:17 PM

Founding Member
Quote:
Starting tomorrow....
You going full keto? Keep a lot if you do. I'm interested in to how you feel training after you become fat adapted.
Old 10-12-17, 06:23 AM

Founding Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo3000 View Post
You going full keto? Keep a lot if you do. I'm interested in to how you feel training after you become fat adapted.
For now...just zero sugar.

So far so good.

I do want to play around with different types of eating regimens.

Many guys that do bjj, do intermittent fasting.

I'm just tired of mine and although I'm doing well how I eat, I want a change and a challenge.

But I will keep a log if and when i decide full keto.
Old 10-12-17, 10:41 AM

Administrator
you'll adjust to it and get used to it but in terms of energy requirements for explosive movements and high intensity training you will never feel as strong compared to using carbs as an energy source.

the reason for that is that muscles and brain require glucose to function. so instead of giving your muscles the energy requirements it needs you are giving it fats that need to be converted into glucose. in other words, that conversion process is never going to be as efficient as feeding the body carbs directly.

im not hating or trying to stop you from doing this. i'm just saying that ketosis is used to get shredded. it's purpose is not to help you get stronger, perform better in the gym, put on muscle etc..

i have no problem with ketosis. i just think people that are already lean like you have no use for it. people that have a bunch of fat to lose are the people that should be using it.

just my thoughts bro. not talking shit. you already know what to do to get yourself in great shape, i just don't understand what you think ketosis will do for you.
Old 10-20-17, 10:54 AM

Founding Member
Lasted for 4 days. It's Too Hard to monitor what doesn't have sugar, I eat clean as it is.
Old 10-20-17, 11:08 AM

Administrator
Quote:
Lasted for 4 days. It's Too Hard to monitor what doesn't have sugar, I eat clean as it is.
haha props for the honesty.

the real question though. did you or did you not feel weaker in the gym?
Old 10-20-17, 11:11 AM

Founding Member
I eat such little sugar that I don't even worry about it.
Old 10-20-17, 11:18 AM

Founding Member
Quote:
haha props for the honesty.

the real question though. did you or did you not feel weaker in the gym?
No difference and that's being straight up honest. Maybe I don't eat as much sugar as I had thought.

I keep carbs under 150...
Old 10-20-17, 11:19 AM

Founding Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadd77 View Post
I eat such little sugar that I don't even worry about it.
Not too much here either. But I do like my choc chip protein cookies

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0