SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums
Register Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums > Superior Fitness Section > Nutrition
Reload this Page How do you like your oats?

Nutrition Dieting & Nutrition Discussion


Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By Bama
  • 1 Post By boricuarage79
  • 1 Post By Max
  • 1 Post By BAMA76
  • 1 Post By domin8
  • 1 Post By Derek Wilson
  • 2 Post By piratex
  • 1 Post By Gods Son

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-17, 08:50 AM
How do you like your oats?
  #1
 
Bama's Avatar
 
Superior Newbie
Join Date: Oct 2017
Age: 41
Likes: 3
Good morning SM!!!! I am eating this morning and thought I would ask everyone how do you like your oatmeal, for the ones who eats it. I eat steel cut oats covered in a sunny side up egg with cheese.....YUMMY!!!! How do you all like your oats?
Have a great day Superior!!!!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Max likes this.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-17, 08:51 AM
  #2
 
boricuarage79's Avatar
 
Superior Freak
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: naziville
Age: 38
Likes: 1045
Eat oats least 3 times a day.

Before gym, after gym lunch before bed snack..

With milk or water with whey

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Bama likes this.
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-17, 08:52 AM
  #3
 
Bama's Avatar
 
Superior Newbie
Join Date: Oct 2017
Age: 41
Likes: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by boricuarage79 View Post
Eat oats least 3 times a day.

Before gym, after gym lunch before bed snack..

With milk or water with whey

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Nice!!!!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-17, 08:54 AM
  #4
 
boricuarage79's Avatar
 
Superior Freak
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: naziville
Age: 38
Likes: 1045
And before bouncer answers... all he eat is oats with chicken and peas and avocadoes and cranberries and idk what other shit... but that's all this plain ass Nig... eats

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-17, 08:54 AM
  #5
 
Androman's Avatar
 
Superior Pro
Join Date: May 2016
Age: 27
Likes: 306
Medium rare


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-17, 08:54 AM
  #6
 
boricuarage79's Avatar
 
Superior Freak
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: naziville
Age: 38
Likes: 1045
Quote:
Originally Posted by Androman View Post
Medium rare


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Medium hair

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-17, 08:55 AM
  #7
 
Bama's Avatar
 
Superior Newbie
Join Date: Oct 2017
Age: 41
Likes: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by boricuarage79 View Post
And before bouncer answers... all he eat is oats with chicken and peas and avocadoes and cranberries and idk what other shit... but that's all this plain ass Nig... eats

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Lol

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-17, 10:07 AM
  #8
 
Bouncer's Avatar
 
Administrator
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: WILD WEST
Likes: 10069
lol @ bori.

i just eat standard oats mixed with craisens. good shit.
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-17, 10:23 AM
  #9
 
Bama's Avatar
 
Superior Newbie
Join Date: Oct 2017
Age: 41
Likes: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncer View Post
lol @ bori.

i just eat standard oats mixed with craisens. good shit.
You just eat reg oats? Or steel cut? My wife is a big believer in steel cut

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-17, 10:27 AM
  #10
 
Bouncer's Avatar
 
Administrator
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: WILD WEST
Likes: 10069
regular. big 10lb box of quaker oats from costco like $8.
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-17, 10:31 AM
  #11
 
boricuarage79's Avatar
 
Superior Freak
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: naziville
Age: 38
Likes: 1045
Since eating oats my shits are very smooth

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-17, 10:41 AM
  #12
 
Bouncer's Avatar
 
Administrator
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: WILD WEST
Likes: 10069
Quote:
Originally Posted by boricuarage79 View Post
Since eating oats my shits are very smooth

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
one of the reasons I eat it while dieting. if i just eat rice and chicken i have a hard time taking a big shit everyday. that means you have that bloated looking stomach even if your lean as fuck. but with oats you can take a big shit in the morning and the stomach just shrinks right down. so when i'm on vacation or at the pool i will have a big shit in th morning and then just live on fruit that day so my blood sugar dont crash and my stomach stays tight. its crazy how different the stomach can look after a big meal compared to how it looks after a big shit and an empty stomach.

plus the benefit of eating only fruit the day you want to look your best is that your muscles stay full from the sugar.

you can apply this post to your photo-shoot thread to. that's what i would do. eat a bunch of fiber the day before. have a big shit that morning, then eat only fruit every few hours to keep blood sugar normal.
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-17, 01:12 PM
  #13
 
Androman's Avatar
 
Superior Pro
Join Date: May 2016
Age: 27
Likes: 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncer View Post
regular. big 10lb box of quaker oats from costco like $8.


Buys 10lb Optimum Nutrition whey protein vanilla flavor because thatís all they have.

Faints as Costco blames Dbol

Buy Quaker Oats for 8$.

Itís safe to say youíre a proud Costco member.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-17, 01:31 PM
  #14
 
Bama's Avatar
 
Superior Newbie
Join Date: Oct 2017
Age: 41
Likes: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Androman View Post
Buys 10lb Optimum Nutrition whey protein vanilla flavor because thatís all they have.

Faints as Costco blames Dbol

Buy Quaker Oats for 8$.

Itís safe to say youíre a proud Costco member.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I like a sunny side up egg and bacon in mine

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-17, 06:23 PM
How do you like your oats?
  #15
 
Superior Newbie
Join Date: Aug 2017
Age: 44
Likes: 12
For breakfast with peanut butter and jelly.
On cold mornings I use cinnamon and brown sugar.
But I mostly eat cream of rice lately.


Sent from The Iron Pile
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-17, 08:08 PM
  #16
 
Superior Newbie
Join Date: Nov 2017
Likes: 4
I like mixing my oats with a scoop of protein and peanut butter.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-17, 10:17 AM
  #17
 
jack tors's Avatar
 
Superior Freak
Join Date: Jul 2009
Likes: 542
2 scoops whey
1/2 to 1cup oats
2oz milk
6oz water
banana or PB

blend...
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-17, 02:59 PM
  #18
 
boricuarage79's Avatar
 
Superior Freak
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: naziville
Age: 38
Likes: 1045
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack tors View Post
2 scoops whey
1/2 to 1cup oats
2oz milk
6oz water
banana or PB

blend...
Bulk for life

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-17, 03:02 PM
  #19
 
BAMA76's Avatar
 
Superior Newbie
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Around
Age: 41
Likes: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by boricuarage79 View Post
Bulk for life

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Sound good right there

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
__________________
is Online   Reply With Quote
Max
Old 12-02-17, 04:44 AM
  #20
 
Banned
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Texas
Likes: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama View Post
Good morning SM!!!! I am eating this morning and thought I would ask everyone how do you like your oatmeal, for the ones who eats it. I eat steel cut oats covered in a sunny side up egg with cheese.....YUMMY!!!! How do you all like your oats?
Have a great day Superior!!!!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Yes I love to eat Oatmeal twice a day. Oats are loaded with important vitamins, minerals and antioxidant plant compounds. Half a cup (78 grams) of dry oats contains:

Manganese: 191% of the RDI
Phosphorus: 41% of the RDI
Magnesium: 34% of the RDI
Copper: 24% of the RDI
Iron: 20% of the RDI
Zinc: 20% of the RDI
Folate: 11% of the RDI
Vitamin B1 (thiamin): 39% of the RDI
Vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid): 10% of the RDI
Smaller amounts of calcium, potassium, vitamin B6 (pyridoxine) and vitamin B3 (niacin)

How much you take everyday Bama?
BAMA76 likes this.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-17, 05:48 AM
  #21
 
BAMA76's Avatar
 
Superior Newbie
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Around
Age: 41
Likes: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
Yes I love to eat Oatmeal twice a day. Oats are loaded with important vitamins, minerals and antioxidant plant compounds. Half a cup (78 grams) of dry oats contains:

Manganese: 191% of the RDI
Phosphorus: 41% of the RDI
Magnesium: 34% of the RDI
Copper: 24% of the RDI
Iron: 20% of the RDI
Zinc: 20% of the RDI
Folate: 11% of the RDI
Vitamin B1 (thiamin): 39% of the RDI
Vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid): 10% of the RDI
Smaller amounts of calcium, potassium, vitamin B6 (pyridoxine) and vitamin B3 (niacin)

How much you take everyday Bama?
My morning meal consist of a LARGE bowl of steel cut oats with egg sunny side up. I believe I need to start having then 2 times a day.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
john210 likes this.
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-17, 09:15 AM
  #22
 
domin8's Avatar
 
Superior Newbie
Join Date: Mar 2017
Likes: 4
cup of oats, cup of egg whites, maybe add some syrup or cinnamon
BAMA76 likes this.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-17, 03:25 PM
  #23
 
Superior Newbie
Join Date: Dec 2017
Likes: 1
Cup of oats mixed with Cinnamon and brown sugar.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-17, 01:02 PM
  #24
 
Superior Newbie
Join Date: Nov 2017
Likes: 6
Yes, after gym lunch is okay and I prefer With milk!
WaltJess likes this.
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-17, 05:36 AM
  #25
 
Superior Newbie
Join Date: Nov 2017
Likes: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltJess View Post
Cup of oats mixed with Cinnamon and brown sugar.
Yes, a good advise.
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-17, 12:24 PM
  #26
 
Bouncer's Avatar
 
Administrator
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: WILD WEST
Likes: 10069
derek i swear to god...
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-17, 02:17 PM
  #27
 
rado's Avatar
 
Founding Member
Join Date: Jun 2012
Likes: 3085
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncer View Post
derek i swear to god...
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-17, 02:32 PM
  #28
 
piratex's Avatar
 
Superior Amateur
Join Date: Oct 2016
Likes: 177
I eat 3 pks of Quaker oats every morning. Different flavors but I add

hot water, little butter then mix with a spoon. While the water is heating I use my shaker and shake up cinnamon or vanilla flavored protein powder 25g with almond milk. Mix over half of it with my oatmeal then drink the rest.

I do this in the AM right after my workout and in the evening as a desert and LOVE IT.
BAMA76 and Derek Wilson like this.
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-18, 08:59 AM
  #29
 
Superior Newbie
Join Date: Nov 2017
Likes: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by piratex View Post
I eat 3 pks of Quaker oats every morning. Different flavors but I add

hot water, little butter then mix with a spoon. While the water is heating I use my shaker and shake up cinnamon or vanilla flavored protein powder 25g with almond milk. Mix over half of it with my oatmeal then drink the rest.

I do this in the AM right after my workout and in the evening as a desert and LOVE IT.
I should follow this for me.
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-18, 05:37 PM
  #30
 
jack tors's Avatar
 
Superior Freak
Join Date: Jul 2009
Likes: 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by piratex View Post
I eat 3 pks of Quaker oats every morning. Different flavors but I add

hot water, little butter then mix with a spoon. While the water is heating I use my shaker and shake up cinnamon or vanilla flavored protein powder 25g with almond milk. Mix over half of it with my oatmeal then drink the rest.

I do this in the AM right after my workout and in the evening as a desert and LOVE IT.
hard to drink non-blended oats?
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-18, 05:00 PM
  #31
 
Gods Son's Avatar
 
Superior Pro
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Death Valley S.C.
Likes: 45
I prefer Grits
rado likes this.
__________________
American by birth - Southern by the Grace of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE BOUNCER
the south is fucken gay
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-18, 05:36 PM
  #32
 
Androman's Avatar
 
Superior Pro
Join Date: May 2016
Age: 27
Likes: 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gods Son View Post
I prefer Grits
Why

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-18, 06:22 PM
  #33
 
Gods Son's Avatar
 
Superior Pro
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Death Valley S.C.
Likes: 45
Southern..... Never been around Oats....
is Online   Reply With Quote

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0