SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums
Register Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums > Trusted Steroid & GH Sources > Roids24
Reload this Page Beastmode Activate 343 @26%: Log

Roids24 Trusted Source

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-19, 10:42 AM

Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadd77 View Post
250 would be a good healthy weight for you. Iím curious why you would want to weigh more?
he doesn't anymore. his fat ass got tired sipping iced tea and decided it was the wrong goal.
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-19, 11:11 AM

Superior Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadd77 View Post
250 would be a good healthy weight for you. Iím curious why you would want to weigh more?
Increase my lifts for powerlifting. I need to cut down to sub 275 by mid May. I am already down to 324, granted a lot is water weight I am sure.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Last edited by AvidFisherman; 01-10-19 at 11:17 AM.
Old 01-10-19, 04:30 PM

Superior Pro
According to Dr. James Dinicolatonio, salt is an essential supplement for people who exercise regularly.
Wait right there! Over 2,300mg of salt a day causes high blood pressure!
Well, it does, but only for 25 percent of the population, who are salt sensitive. This means 3 out of 4 people reading this are not salt sensitive.
What are the benefits of supplementing with salt?

Salt gets rid of acid in cells; to excrete hydrogen you have to absorb sodium

It increases blood flow and blood circulation by acting as a vasodilator

It increases sweat to cool you off better

More profound is what happens to your body when you are low on salt.

One symptom of overtraining is a depletion of salt in muscle tissues

Your heartrate goes up

Stress hormones are elevated

You have adrenal fatigue and adrenal hypertrophy

Uric acid levels go up

You store more fat

Triglycerides go up

LDL goes up and HDL goes down

You get muscle cramps and muscle spasms

Your insulin resistance increases

Your bones weaken (when you do not have enough sodium in your diet, your body takes sodium out of your bones and while doing so takes calcium)

What dose of salt do I need every day?
Stan Efferding recommends 8g of salt a day for those that exercise.
It is hard to overdose on salt. If you have too much salt your brain sends signals making you not want any more salt. If you need salt your body activates a reward system making salt taste better.
If you drink coffee, you need more salt because coffee causes you to excrete more sodium in your urine.

Here is an article talking more about salt intake.
https://barbend.com/sodium-salt-benefits-for-athletes/

Old 01-11-19, 08:08 PM

Superior Pro

Old 01-11-19, 08:35 PM

Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvidFisherman View Post
According to Dr. James Dinicolatonio, salt is an essential supplement for people who exercise regularly.
Wait right there! Over 2,300mg of salt a day causes high blood pressure!
Well, it does, but only for 25 percent of the population, who are salt sensitive. This means 3 out of 4 people reading this are not salt sensitive.
What are the benefits of supplementing with salt?

Salt gets rid of acid in cells; to excrete hydrogen you have to absorb sodium

It increases blood flow and blood circulation by acting as a vasodilator

It increases sweat to cool you off better

More profound is what happens to your body when you are low on salt.

One symptom of overtraining is a depletion of salt in muscle tissues

Your heartrate goes up

Stress hormones are elevated

You have adrenal fatigue and adrenal hypertrophy

Uric acid levels go up

You store more fat

Triglycerides go up

LDL goes up and HDL goes down

You get muscle cramps and muscle spasms

Your insulin resistance increases

Your bones weaken (when you do not have enough sodium in your diet, your body takes sodium out of your bones and while doing so takes calcium)

What dose of salt do I need every day?
Stan Efferding recommends 8g of salt a day for those that exercise.
It is hard to overdose on salt. If you have too much salt your brain sends signals making you not want any more salt. If you need salt your body activates a reward system making salt taste better.
If you drink coffee, you need more salt because coffee causes you to excrete more sodium in your urine.

Here is an article talking more about salt intake.
https://barbend.com/sodium-salt-benefits-for-athletes/

i agree to a point. people that workout much more then the average joe and who drink a whole lot more water then the average joe definitely need more sodium.

that said if you are all jacked up on juice and your blood pressure is borderline high or high already I definitely would not be looking to toss in a bunch more sodium.
Old 01-14-19, 09:12 PM

Superior Pro
Hey Bouncer, you train every day right?

Old Yesterday, 01:38 AM

Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvidFisherman View Post
Hey Bouncer, you train every day right?

Nah 4 days per week

Sent from my Moto G6 using Tapatalk
AvidFisherman likes this.
Old Yesterday, 03:33 PM

Superior Pro
Article #4:

What matters more to you, your lifespan or health-span?

Mammalian Target of Rapamycin (mTOR) along with AMPK regulates fat storage, the immune system, hypertrophy, atrophy, metabolism and whole-body energy balance.

mTOR is a master regulator of growth and reproduction. This means when mTOR is high, it triggers reproduction (muscle growth). To activate mTOR you need to be eating protein with at least 2.5g or more of leucine (amino acid). This is a good thing if you want to get bigger.

AMPK is a master regulator in a fasted state. It rises when there are reduced ATP (adenosine tri-phosphate) levels within cells, which increases ADP (adenosine di-phosphate) levels. (If you want an article explaining cell energy let me know and I will write one). It tells the body to stop building new tissues and reproducing to focus on repairing current tissues that are damaged, preserving what is already there. This is called autophagy.

Longevity research shows a strong correlation with elevated AMPK and a longer lifespan. This is because your cells start to recycle damages and defects. By breaking down damaged proteins and cellular structures, you naturally produce the ultimate body detox.

Now, we have a dilemma on our hands. Elevated mTOR by eating more protein increases your muscle mass, increases quality of life and reduces frailty, but increased mTOR also decreases AMPK. We want high levels of AMPK so our cells repair themselves. In addition, ďIncreased AMPK activation has been shown to help reduce fat storage (especially dangerous belly fat), increase insulin sensitivity (to lower blood glucose), reduce cholesterol/triglyceride production, and suppress chronic inflammation. All of these factors underlie the lethal diseases of aging.Ē

Is there a way to have the best of both worlds, be strong and live well into our retirement years?

There is a possible solution but more studies need to take place to have a definitive answer (animal studies show promising results). Intermittent fasting can most likely mitigate the detriment from a high protein diet. By going through periods of high protein intake and then intermittent fasting, your body goes through daily periods of hypertrophy and autophagy, (time restricted is a good method, have 12-14 hour fasts daily).

So, why choose a greater lifespan or a greater health-span? Have both with a high protein diet while intermittent fasting.

Bouncer likes this.

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0