SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums
Register Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums > Superior Fitness Section > Member Gallery
Reload this Page VenomX 6 weeks out please critique

Member Gallery Pictures Of SM Members

Venom X
Old 04-16-06, 08:07 PM
VenomX 6 weeks out please critique

Superior Newbie
Hi guys, i'm six weeks out from my first comp. (if i decide to do it) Looking for constructive criticism. I'm going through some mind games right now where i don't think im ready. I keep comparing myself to my old pictures 2 years ago when i was going to compete and then injured my back. I have decided to put them away and focus on where i am now. However i need to decide if im going to compete in six weeks, or bulk for 4 more weeks and compete in the next comp.

Stats:
I'll be competing in the novice devision middle weight
5'9
182lbs
8% bf
I start dieting tomorrow for the comp.

is Offline   Reply With Quote
daf2
Old 04-16-06, 09:36 PM

Superior Amateur
look good...be sure to keep your legs tight and practice posing frequently as you approach the show...also a tan would do wonders
Old 04-16-06, 09:43 PM

Superior Amateur
btw...I'd say you are lean enough to compete in 6 weeks as long as your diet and cardio was in check
Venom X
Old 04-16-06, 09:55 PM

Superior Newbie
thanks bro, i actually start my cutting diet tomorrow, i had to work to get my bf up this high.
wnabeabeast
Old 04-16-06, 09:55 PM

Superior Pro
I say go head and enter this show. You are almost there. Four weks of bulking is not going to make that much of a difference. I don't know how much you wanna gain in four weeks,but when you try to bulk in that short amount of time gains you make are mostly some water weight and some bf.
Good luck bro.
Venom X
Old 04-16-06, 10:40 PM

Superior Newbie
i've almost decided to go ahead and do the first show, i think i was just trying to talk myself out of competing by waiting another four weeks.
Bouncer
Old 04-17-06, 10:08 AM

Administrator
Do the show bro. Its a huge learning experiance and you will come away from the show with alot more info on how things work.
is Online   Reply With Quote
trip
Old 04-17-06, 11:11 AM

Success Coach
I remember that last time and those old pics, yet, I haven't looked recently.

IMHO, sometimes it's hard to remember our good points.

You have even at this point, without the cut, a very very very complete body, nothing is out of proportion or overpowers the other body parts.

Every body part is full and cut detailed, extreme symetry in almost all aspects.

Very much doubt that will be the case of other competitors.

And since it's a natty show, ( if i remember you'r all natty ) , you'll most likely get some guys in good condition with one or two good bodyparts, whereas you will be in great condition with great symetry and a dozen good body parts.

do it, you'll do well
go Yankees
Old 04-17-06, 11:11 AM

Superior Pro
definitely do the show, you're in great shape and will do well...also, 4 weeks of bulking isn't really a lot

"He may be a great bodybuilder but I personally think he's a moron. Have you ever heard this guy talk? He sounds like a complete hillbilly moron when he speaks. He should just pose and never speak" -- Lmg2701, on Ronnie
Venom X
Old 04-17-06, 11:36 AM

Superior Newbie

trip: thanks for the kind words, i feel confident as long as i don't look at my old pics, my hosting site went down but i still have them on my computer. I was much leaner in those pics also so i think messes with my head, im not used to being this soft. I am still training naturally but the first show im doing is a NPC show but i will be competing novice. There is a natural show the week before that a "may" do as a tune up without drying out then dryout for the big one. Haven't decided.

go yankees: thats what i keep hearing, 4 weeks isn't alot guess i just have to grit my teeth and go for it.

oh yeah i've started my diet today, I have never dieted in my life! im 3 hrs into it and it sucks!!!
mindstar
Old 04-17-06, 04:20 PM

Superior Amateur
man you look great! I'm trying to diet down to get as 'soft' as you are in those pics! I agree with Trip, you should do great!

Team AB. Keep the fuckin pain brutal till you fucking puke.
DS-COUSIN
Old 04-18-06, 04:38 AM

Looking good bro...make sure to listen to thses guys, they actually know what they are talking about.

OH, Not to be an ass, but TAN, TAN, TAN
Venom X
Old 04-21-06, 10:53 AM

Superior Newbie
Thanks guys, been dieting for four days now, i didn't think i would see results this quick but wow, i guess my metabolism coupled with the diet = damn! I've dropped water and a lil fat, i'll measure bf sunday. I'm trying to find a good place to tan at its hard to find time with a full time job and gym at night.
meat12
Old 04-21-06, 11:25 AM

Superior Freak
go Yankees
Old 04-21-06, 01:38 PM

Superior Pro
you'll obviously also put on a million coats of protan or olympic tan or whatever, but try to give yourself a good base tan to start with
Venom X
Old 04-21-06, 09:39 PM

Superior Newbie
pssssh everybodies gonna be tan, im gonna go for the opposite effect and come in stark white, not only will it make me more noticable, it will blind the judges from seeing the other competitors.
Venom X
Old 04-23-06, 07:53 PM

Superior Newbie
Well i've survived a week of the diet. All of my caliper tests have gone down from last week, but get this i get on the scale this morning on an empty stomache and i weigh almost 1.5lbs heavier! I'm visably leaner too wierd huh.
CrazyShane
Old 04-24-06, 09:29 AM

Superior Newbie
Originally Posted by daf2
look good...be sure to keep your legs tight and practice posing frequently as you approach the show...also a tan would do wonders
looking good man, always flex your legs hard during your poses, it will make this difference between a "looks good" shot and holy shit that guy is ripped..
good luck..
Venom X
Old 04-24-06, 04:40 PM

Superior Newbie
thanks shane im meeting with a coach tonight to tweak everything,
in the meantime here's a couple update pix to compare leaness.

Lmg2701
Old 04-25-06, 12:07 PM

Founding Member
Get someone to help you set your legs on your rear poses. Looking good though, how long until your show?
Venom X
Old 04-25-06, 01:47 PM

Superior Newbie
5 weeks from this saturday, i met with a posing coach yesterday and tweaked some things so the next set of pics should look better