SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums
Register Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums > Superior Fitness Section > Member Gallery
Reload this Page VENOMX UPDATE: 2.5 weeks out!!!

Member Gallery Pictures Of SM Members

Venom X
Old 05-18-06, 12:02 PM
VENOMX UPDATE: 2.5 weeks out!!!

Superior Newbie
Well its about time, sorry about the delay. Should have had these up this weekend. I snapped these real quick this morning before work, so these are on an empty stomache and stone cold, no pump at all.

All caliper measurements down putting me at around 4%. If i look soft its because im taking in 10grams + of sodium a day! I just can't get enough of it, its my new candy yum yum. So yeah i'm holding a lot of water which is probably why im weighing in at ~183-4 lbs. Gotta make that 176 cut off weight though.

I also think the light in this hallway washes out the cuts too, oh well.

Holla back at me.

is Offline   Reply With Quote
Venom X
Old 05-18-06, 12:02 PM

Superior Newbie

Venom X
Old 05-18-06, 12:03 PM

Superior Newbie

Shameless Plug lol ;)
golilla
Old 05-18-06, 12:38 PM

Superior Newbie
SonofBone
Old 05-18-06, 12:48 PM

Superior Amateur
soft my ass you look great! keep up the good work...you're almost to your goals.
JUICE
Old 05-18-06, 01:01 PM

Superior Admiral
Old 05-18-06, 02:16 PM

Superior Pro
coffee-guy
Old 05-18-06, 08:59 PM

Banned
Looking great bro - you'll be fine on stage - everything looks excellent.

But I'm curious...

Where's the wife - she made you look bigger ....

Seriously though, what's the "plug" for? Those bottles don't look familiar......
Atherjen
Old 05-18-06, 10:49 PM

Superior Newbie
WELL DAMN IF I DIDN'T POST UNDER THE WIFES NAME :bravonew:

thanks to all you guys i'm feeling good about my condition, can't wait for the comp.
The wife is camera shy lol, she has pics but won't let me post them.

The plug is for www.DesignerSupps.com We are sponsered Athletes by them. It's supposed to be in my sig but its not showing up for some reason.
Venom X
Old 05-18-06, 10:51 PM

Superior Newbie
Old 05-19-06, 08:03 AM

Success Coach

man, when you water deplet you will be diamond cut

look symetrical and full and just damned good

u should do velly well

good lcuk
Venom X
Old 05-19-06, 01:20 PM

Superior Newbie
Here's a gym shot for you guys, to show you what i mean when i say the light washes out the cuts....

vigil76
Old 05-19-06, 01:42 PM

Superior Newbie

Good luck in the show-- you going in Lt Hvy? What show is it...

Im 6.5 weeks out right now... I'm so freaking hungry, I dream of food and wake up with my hand in mouth... LOL

Let us know how you do

"Modern bodybuilding is ritual, religion, sport, art, and science, awash in Western chemistry and mathematics. Defying nature, it surpasses it." Camille Paglia 1947
Lmg2701
Old 05-19-06, 03:33 PM

Founding Member
Looking good bro. What's your last week of prep going to look like? How's the blood pressure with your sodium intake that high?

I think some of your posing needs a little work. On your front lat spread I'd maybe hold a little higher on your side and maybe lean back a little, it tends to bring out the lats a little more (see my pic from last year below). Also on your side chest I think you could be flexing your pecs a little more, looks like you may be all concerned with your arm but ya cant forget that pec.

Your legs seem to be lagging a little bit, if I were you, I would live on the stairmaster until your a week out. Good luck bro and stay focused!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg front lat spread.jpg (69.0 KB, 431 views)
Lmg2701
Old 05-19-06, 03:36 PM

Founding Member
O yea, you need to check with Bouncer about that signature. We have board sponsors who pay to have their websites promoted so typically things like that have to be okay'd by Bouncer 1st.
Venom X
Old 05-19-06, 04:09 PM

Superior Newbie
Originally Posted by Lmg2701
Looking good bro. What's your last week of prep going to look like? How's the blood pressure with your sodium intake that high?

I think some of your posing needs a little work. On your front lat spread I'd maybe hold a little higher on your side and maybe lean back a little, it tends to bring out the lats a little more (see my pic from last year below). Also on your side chest I think you could be flexing your pecs a little more, looks like you may be all concerned with your arm but ya cant forget that pec.

Your legs seem to be lagging a little bit, if I were you, I would live on the stairmaster until your a week out. Good luck bro and stay focused!
The Wife controls the diet, she'll probably chime in and talk about it, BP don't know i'll check it tonight, haven't even thought about it.

Good suggestion on the front lat its one of my least favorite, just needs more practice and tweaking. Oh i have a feeling there will be some definite improvement in leg separation over the next week we got plans lol.

I'll hit up bouncer about the sig. i don't want to cause any trouble. thanks for the headsup
Lmg2701
Old 05-19-06, 04:58 PM

Founding Member
Get a posing video ASAP bro. I can tell by looking at your pics that you have a much better physique than the one you are showing. There's too much for me to go into but little turns here and angles there and I know you would be much happier with your pics. That's the thing about bodybuilding shows. Sometimes the best body doesn't win because they don't know how to present it. Don't get me wrong, I've seen people pose much much worse but I know you could improve on showing off what you've achieved by just a few tweaks.
Venom X
Old 05-19-06, 07:51 PM

Superior Newbie
I have the perfect posing video, i bit overpriced but its got some good info. Gonna spend some time watching it this weekend
TPTrash
Old 05-23-06, 09:07 AM

Superior Amateur
Looking great venom! Good symmetry and definition.. congrats on all your hard work to get this far!
Old 05-23-06, 09:18 AM

Superior Pro
wow, you look amazing! good luck at your show! you should do great
Lmg2701
Old 05-23-06, 11:28 AM

Founding Member
What tanning regimen do you plan on using? There's a few good ideas in the Competitive Bodybuilding Forum.
Venom X
Old 05-24-06, 09:17 AM

Superior Newbie
Lmg2701
Old 05-24-06, 04:45 PM

Founding Member
Originally Posted by Venom X
We've got that under control ;)

That seems to be your answer to everything.....It may be a wise decision to allow some of the members here who have competed (and some at a national level) to critique what you're doing or at least give you a pointer or two. Just my $.02
hurley
Old 05-24-06, 09:02 PM

Banned
Venom X
Old 05-24-06, 09:53 PM

Superior Newbie
That seems to be your answer to everything.....It may be a wise decision to allow some of the members here who have competed (and some at a national level) to critique what you're doing or at least give you a pointer or two. Just my $.02
Dude seriously, that is FIRST time i've said that! i've been VERY receptive to peoples critiques and am very APPRECIATIVE to all the pointers and help i've been given. If you think otherwise then maybe you should go back reread my posts. I don't know where this misconception is coming from. If i didn't want any help i wouldn't have even made a post. I know i have a lot to learn and will always have a lot to learn its part of the game but to make an assumption like this is uncalled for... Just my $.02

rado: thanks bro, i'm getting darker by the day should be black come show time. I'm gonna take care of the chest in the off season and balance out the physique, until then gotta work with what i got.

Last edited by Venom X; 05-24-06 at 09:56 PM.
Lmg2701
Old 05-25-06, 12:11 PM

Founding Member
Legs are slowly trying to come out, but we have some tricks up our sleave for the upcoming weeks to make them pop.

Quote:
Oh i have a feeling there will be some definite improvement in leg separation over the next week we got plans lol.

Quote:
We've got that under control ;)

These are the comments I was referring to just so you could see what I was talking about and not think that I'm just some asshole who is chiming in to be a dick.

I try to give advice with your legs, you state that yall have tricks up your sleaves and that "we got plans".

I talk about tanning and you say "we've got that under control."

So like I said, the references are quoted above, I wasn't just trying to be a dick, but I wish you the best of luck bro.
Venom X
Old 05-25-06, 01:02 PM

Superior Newbie
These are the comments I was referring to just so you could see what I was talking about and not think that I'm just some asshole who is chiming in to be a dick.

I try to give advice with your legs, you state that yall have tricks up your sleaves and that "we got plans".

I talk about tanning and you say "we've got that under control."

So like I said, the references are quoted above, I wasn't just trying to be a dick, but I wish you the best of luck bro.
I don't want to think you are some asshole that is chiming in to be a dick. Those are direct responses to "statements" that you made. You didn't offer advice on what to do. So couldn't reject that advice. You made an observation about my legs. Which i was aware of and a course of action had already been put in place to solve that problem, set up by my friends who have competed before, and yes some on the national level! You didn't offer any information about tanning so i could not reject that either, i simply said its under control because it is! I mean i may not have competed before but i have spent countless hours researching all of this stuff so i would be prepared and i surround myself with people in the know... And this close to the competition if your plan of attack isn't SET IN STONE then something is definately wrong! so when you mention legs, yes im aware of the problem we are taking care of it, and my legs ARE definately more shredded and separated now, and tanning and show prep IS taken care of. My honest opinion is that your being overly sensitive about all this and reading or misreading to deep into what im saying.

I also think you are selectively singling things out also, you pointed out the front lat spread thing and offered an example, which i thanked you for and have been working on improving that pose!

I appreciate your critiques and if you were to point something out that we haven't already clued in on. Then i would be more than grateful i hear a perspective on it. But at 1 week out theres not much thats going to change and i would hope that we do have it "under control".

Thanks for the well wishes.
Lmg2701
Old 05-25-06, 01:17 PM

Founding Member
It is good that you have surronded yourself with help bro and I do sincerely wish you the best at your show.

You're right, at 1 week out there is not much you can change. As far as legs I was going to say hit the stairmaster like crazy, but it's too late for that and if you've solved that problem then great.

As far as tanning. I typically get as dark with the beds as I can but that will only get you so far.

Personally I've tried a few different things, but for me the best thing was applying coats starting on wednesday with Protan. Two coats per day wed/thurs/fri.

Depending on how I look I would either stop there and just apply some type of oil just to get the light shine

OR

I would add 1 coat of dream tan formula #2 the morning of the show and then use Pam to help with the shine.

Good luck bro and I'm sure you will do fine, it's almost over and it'll be a great experience, enjoy every second on stage and sorry if we've had any misunderstanding.
Be sure to take lots of pics!
Atherjen
Old 05-25-06, 01:19 PM

Superior Newbie
this close to the competition if your plan of attack isn't SET IN STONE then something is definately wrong

:cool: Im in agreement. We have everything worked out and set.
advice is always welcome of course, again, its far too close for us to make adjustments (honestly dont feel any are needed, you'll be right on).

You are going to do great hun!
Lmg2701
Old 05-25-06, 01:21 PM

Founding Member
Oh, 1 more thing. I think in another post you said you were doing an NPC show in the Novice division?

If that is the case the lights are under 164.25

Middles: 164.25-188.25

Heavies: 188.25 and greater

(I may be 1 pound off on these but no more than that)

You said you were shooting for 176?

So that means you either decided to do the open division (where the cut off for middles is 176) or you may have the weights mixed up for novice. Just wanted to make sure. Good luck again bro!
Venom X
Old 05-25-06, 01:25 PM

Superior Newbie
Thank you for the input, ironicly that is our exact tanning regimen, except im going to start with the protan thursday morning after an exfoliation bath. then on show day we have dream tan 2. And will add pam if necessary.

Its hard to communicate over computers because there is no inflection or tone. I have no animosity towards you at all.

I do have question that you can help me with though, how the hell do you do the lat spreads with oil on and keep your hands from slipping off? I'm going to start practicing with the oil on so it won't be a surprise.
Venom X
Old 05-25-06, 01:26 PM

Superior Newbie
Oh, 1 more thing. I think in another post you said you were doing an NPC show in the Novice division?

If that is the case the lights are under 164.25

Middles: 164.25-188.25

Heavies: 188.25 and greater

(I may be 1 pound off on these but no more than that)

You said you were shooting for 176?

So that means you either decided to do the open division (where the cut off for middles is 176) or you may have the weights mixed up for novice. Just wanted to make sure. Good luck again bro!
MS novice divisions are different. novice is for first time competitors and lightweight cut off is 176. There are only two weight divisions.

Our Junior division is what you consider novice

The way they set the weights up is a double edged sword for because i'll be at the top of my weight class for novice, then the rest of the summer i'll be smack in the middle, of the middleweights. But as long the conditioning and overall look is good i should be ok.

Last edited by Venom X; 05-25-06 at 01:31 PM.
Lmg2701
Old 05-25-06, 01:30 PM

Founding Member
Bro the lat spread with oil is a bitch lol......

Right before I go on stage I try to make a little dry spot on my side (very little) and I try to dry my hands as well. The whole point is to not fuck up your tan but give yourself enough room to have something dry to grab onto. You'll have a little while before you go on stage to practice it a few times and then you'll see what I mean, but yes, it is very difficult to lean back and hit that pose and not have your hands slip from your side.
Venom X
Old 05-31-06, 01:07 PM

Superior Newbie
Hi there everybody thought i would give an update since i haven't posted in a while,

3 DAYS OUT! Today is my last depletion workout to polish off that glycogen. Carb depletion is going well my brain has all but shut off, very cloudy and hard to think but im still getting by.

Everything seems to be spot on, im sub 4% bf, water is falling off nicely so far.

Weighed in this morning at 177lb cut off weight for my division is at 176.25 so i should have no problem hitting that by friday night.

I'm nervous and excited with anticipation, just gotta be patient now and let my body do the rest.

Thanks for all the support. I'll update with Results and pics Saturday.
cuz
Old 05-31-06, 03:44 PM

Superior Newbie
Venom, what show and where in MS. I might make the trip. I'm in chocolate city.
coffee-guy
Old 05-31-06, 05:35 PM

Banned
Venom X
Old 05-31-06, 05:49 PM

Superior Newbie

thanks guys
IAMHUGE
Old 05-31-06, 10:43 PM

Superior Amateur
I think u need to eat and lift for a few more years. U look good, but NPC national qualifers are pretty big shows. Good luck none the less.
Venom X
Old 05-31-06, 11:46 PM

Superior Newbie
i am competing in the novice division for first time competitors, i think i will hold my own. The national qualifier is for the open division which is a whole different game.
Venom X
Old 06-02-06, 08:14 PM

Superior Newbie

Cut off for Novice lightweight 176.25

My weight: 176.00 haha, damn that was close lol. I let out a loud woohoo.

I doubt anybody will get closer than that, already started my carb up, feeling good about it, saw some of my competition, i think its going to come down to a battle of conditioning.
Venom X
Old 06-04-06, 05:32 PM

Superior Newbie
romgaroharfhehfor... hold on let me take the candy bar out of my mouth. lol Aight guys got some results... no photos yet though.

I got second in my division.... lost it by 1 point! grrr it was a dead heat with the winner, i had better conditioning but he had a better developed chest which i was lacking. Anyways lotta jibba jabba about it, the head judge said he was shocked to see i didn't win and that he had me in first too... He said the only thing that he thought it could have been was that some of my poses needed some slight tweeking which, he himself is going to work with me on to achieve exactly what the judges are looking for.

For me that helped ease the pain a little to know that it wasn't my physique or conditioning that lost it but something that i could easily change for an improvement. All in all it comes down to the judges, all i can do is present myself the best way possible and let them decide, and in this case i just needed to convince 1 more judge i was the best and it didn't happen. Live, Learn, Improve.

But not to discredit the winner he did a great job and i told him i would rather lose a close one to a great athlete than come in and blow everyone out of the water. So mad props to the guy, I'll take my 2nd place and the motivation that comes with it into my next comp this weekend and try to improve on my weak points.

I am a little disappointed but only because i set myself up to be, this is the only competition that i went into expecting to win. Now that its behind me i am proud of what i accomplished, my conditioning and what i have learned that i will take into the next comps. More good things to come im sure. All i can do is control the controlables and let the judges take care of the rest.

Oh and i got to meet the CHICSTER!!!!! mwahahahaha

by far the coolest bodybuilder i ever met, excellent spokesman and rollmodel for the sport. Thanks for taking the time to chat with me Bob it really meant alot.
coffee-guy
Old 06-04-06, 06:48 PM

Banned
Congrats bro - you looked good in that shot with Bob.

PM me the photographers info when they get their pictures up. There were one or two people I met in my last show that were going to be there and would like to know what they looked like. I think one of them would have been in your class unless he missed the cutoff...
daf2
Old 06-05-06, 02:25 AM

Superior Amateur
congrats bro..2nd place in your first show is damn good.