SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums
Register Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums > Superior Fitness Section > Beginners
Reload this Page Body for Life Challenge?

Beginners Q&A For People Just Getting Started


Reply
 
Thread Tools
CWIL
Old 11-30-07, 08:40 PM
Body for Life Challenge?
  #1
 
CWIL's Avatar
 
Superior Newbie
Join Date: Feb 2006
Likes:
Is the body for life challenge a good program or just a sales gimmick? Has anyone here taken the challenge with any good results to report? I'm reading the book I purchased from 1/2 price books. It's interesting...
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Bouncer
Old 11-30-07, 08:48 PM
  #2
 
Bouncer's Avatar
 
Administrator
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: WILD WEST
Likes:
It just uses basic bodybuilding diet and training principles.

That was a popular book in the 90's.
is Online   Reply With Quote
curtus e flush
Old 11-30-07, 08:51 PM
  #3
 
curtus e flush's Avatar
 
Banned
Join Date: Sep 2007
Likes:
is that bill phillips book
is Offline   Reply With Quote
CWIL
Old 11-30-07, 09:04 PM
  #4
 
CWIL's Avatar
 
Superior Newbie
Join Date: Feb 2006
Likes:
Yes it's B Phillips. Are the principles worth following or would I be better off taken direction on this site?
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Bouncer
Old 11-30-07, 09:14 PM
  #5
 
Bouncer's Avatar
 
Administrator
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: WILD WEST
Likes:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWIL
Yes it's B Phillips. Are the principles worth following or would I be better off taken direction on this site?
the principles are the same bro. phillips wrote the book to make money. here you can get that same info for free and ask questions on something you might not understand. i would say this site is the better choice.
is Online   Reply With Quote
curtus e flush
Old 11-30-07, 09:16 PM
  #6
 
curtus e flush's Avatar
 
Banned
Join Date: Sep 2007
Likes:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWIL
Yes it's B Phillips. Are the principles worth following or would I be better off taken direction on this site?
like bouncer has stated its basic bodybuilding principles.i see no harm in following them...i remember phillips mag muscle media 2000...it was a good mag until he became all anti gear and really started pushing his products
is Offline   Reply With Quote
FitnessBrat
Old 11-30-07, 09:21 PM
  #7
 
Founding Member
Join Date: Jul 2003
Likes:
Wow remember when that mag used to discuss EVERYTHING - it was like the "hardcore" mag for its time.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
curtus e flush
Old 11-30-07, 09:26 PM
  #8
 
curtus e flush's Avatar
 
Banned
Join Date: Sep 2007
Likes:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FitnessBrat
Wow remember when that mag used to discuss EVERYTHING - it was like the "hardcore" mag for its time.
it really opened my eyes to what the pros where up 2....had pics of gear and everything
is Offline   Reply With Quote
CWIL
Old 11-30-07, 09:29 PM
  #9
 
CWIL's Avatar
 
Superior Newbie
Join Date: Feb 2006
Likes:
The book has some incredible before and after pics. Im not sure how some of them did it without gear...
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Bouncer
Old 11-30-07, 09:51 PM
  #10
 
Bouncer's Avatar
 
Administrator
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: WILD WEST
Likes:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWIL
The book has some incredible before and after pics. Im not sure how some of them did it without gear...
some of them may have.
is Online   Reply With Quote
WonderWoman
Old 12-01-07, 07:27 AM
  #11
 
Superior Pro
Join Date: Nov 2007
Likes:
90s oh yeah. I tried it back then and Oh well it is not bad to give you a start. I followed the plan only about 6 weeks and it worked nicely, geez that was like in 1998 or 99..

I actually eat way more calories now and have made way better loss/gains!
is Offline   Reply With Quote
CWIL
Old 12-01-07, 08:05 AM
  #12
 
CWIL's Avatar
 
Superior Newbie
Join Date: Feb 2006
Likes:
What modifications to the BFL challenge would give me better gains? The diet seems straight forward but there seems to be alot of exercises to smaller muscle groups. Is that appropriate for a beginner or should I stay with major muscle group exercises (squats, bench, presses...) ? Is the diet clean enough? I like controls beginner mass diet with one cheat meal a day. BFL allows one whole day of gluteny...
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Bouncer
Old 12-01-07, 09:46 AM
  #13
 
Bouncer's Avatar
 
Administrator
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: WILD WEST
Likes:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWIL
What modifications to the BFL challenge would give me better gains? The diet seems straight forward but there seems to be alot of exercises to smaller muscle groups. Is that appropriate for a beginner or should I stay with major muscle group exercises (squats, bench, presses...) ? Is the diet clean enough? I like controls beginner mass diet with one cheat meal a day. BFL allows one whole day of gluteny...
follow diet and training routines posted here bro. never mind the book. look around at some different diets and training routines. put together a routine for yourself and then post it. we will help you critique it.
is Online   Reply With Quote
trip
Old 12-01-07, 04:32 PM
  #14
 
Success Coach
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Either gym, office or bed.
Likes:
lol, i started a similar program in 1985, after i'd been training for several years, works like a charm

then i read the book in like 2000/2001 or so, and roflmao, cause i'd been doing this stuff since 1985

if i was too start over, IMHO

I'd do two on, mon tue, wed off, on thur friday
only basic compound movements, like controls old post, all those isolation movements really are not neccesary imho

here is the key

CONSISTENCY CONSISTENCY CONSISTENCY

change things up every now and then

eat a good diet, meaning at times u need too log stuff and count calories so u know your on track

imho, if u got the book, it is a great road too be on, just tweek it for what works best for u over time

folks entirely overestimate what they can do in a year, and underestimate what they can do in a decade

if you're just starting out, pick some simple goals like

work out for ten weeks
eat better than right now for ten weeks

at week seven see how ur doing

evaluate how your progress is in week ten

then repeat the process by trying too be a little better each ten week cycle

so, you've gone thru 5 cycles for the year

at the end of the year u should have basically ingrained those habits for life, so now that u have the base habits, u can work on the other stuff over the next 50 years first

comprende'
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Bouncer
Old 12-01-07, 08:13 PM
  #15
 
Bouncer's Avatar
 
Administrator
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: WILD WEST
Likes:
Quote:
Originally Posted by trip
lol, i started a similar program in 1985, after i'd been training for several years, works like a charm

then i read the book in like 2000/2001 or so, and roflmao, cause i'd been doing this stuff since 1985

if i was too start over, IMHO

I'd do two on, mon tue, wed off, on thur friday
only basic compound movements, like controls old post, all those isolation movements really are not neccesary imho

here is the key

CONSISTENCY CONSISTENCY CONSISTENCY

change things up every now and then

eat a good diet, meaning at times u need too log stuff and count calories so u know your on track

imho, if u got the book, it is a great road too be on, just tweek it for what works best for u over time

folks entirely overestimate what they can do in a year, and underestimate what they can do in a decade

if you're just starting out, pick some simple goals like

work out for ten weeks
eat better than right now for ten weeks

at week seven see how ur doing

evaluate how your progress is in week ten

then repeat the process by trying too be a little better each ten week cycle

so, you've gone thru 5 cycles for the year

at the end of the year u should have basically ingrained those habits for life, so now that u have the base habits, u can work on the other stuff over the next 50 years first

comprende'
great info, good to see you posting a little more.
is Online   Reply With Quote
trip
Old 12-02-07, 08:25 AM
  #16
 
Success Coach
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Either gym, office or bed.
Likes:
been super duper busy bouncer

moved across from my ma and gram too take care of them, busiest biz time, etc.

lot's other litt stuff

later

go romo go romo go romo
is Offline   Reply With Quote
CWIL
Old 12-03-07, 11:19 AM
  #17
 
CWIL's Avatar
 
Superior Newbie
Join Date: Feb 2006
Likes:
Thanks for the info bros.....I agree, GO ROMO, sorry Favre..!
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Forum Jump