SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums
Register Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums > Superior Fitness Section > Beginners
Reload this Page Well, here I am again

Beginners Q&A For People Just Getting Started

Bdubb
Old 01-29-08, 11:28 PM
Well, here I am again

Superior Amateur
Nice to see my account didn't somehow get deleted over time from not being on this site for a long time.

I am back up to my 230 pounds but not at the point that I should be happy. I don't remember how long it's been, but roughly 2 or 3 years since I more or less fell off the routine of going to the gym due to work.

The work and new job openings that I have opted for have put me into long hours and weeks straight without a day off or to get more than a few hours sleep. This all boiled down to my fitness hitting rock bottom for me and sitting here with a gut at the computer.

I am not back to consider another cycle as I have in the past, but instead to prove to myself I can get out of this rut despite the obstacles. My main goal will be to get back to a lean 220 and try to get my training back inline for day to day life and being able to maintain a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and Muay Thai training somehow without being plagued with injuries one after another.

Just introducing myself, I suppose as a newbie, since I am giving this an approach in that fashion. Looking forward to catching up on some reading and maybe getting some suggestions or ideas towards getting back on track with what can be a very hectic work lifestyle.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
redback
Old 01-30-08, 05:41 AM

Founding Member
is Online   Reply With Quote
FitnessBrat
Old 01-30-08, 06:28 AM

Founding Member
Nice post bdubb - welcome back. I hope you'll find the help/motivation here
Bouncer
Old 01-30-08, 08:26 AM

Administrator
hey bro, i definitly remember you. welcome back and let us know if you need some help with diet, training, etc..
Bdubb
Old 01-30-08, 09:43 PM

Superior Amateur
Thanks everyone, and Bouncer, diet is what I need to correct first and foremost. I have a decent enough idea about workouts to get by and make a difference for a while. For some reason I have failed to make good diet choices. At times I think and feel I am eating well, I am actually still a ways off par. It may be enough to improve myself as a whole, but not as it should be to gain full potential.

I posted up some about this in the nutrition section. I'll continue to read when I can and try to touch up on this subject in that forum.

Thanks for the welcome back though and it's nice to still see some familiar names as well.

Slotting up a hike up Machu Picchu for May. While it isn't a goal from a body builders point of view perhaps it's something I know I need to work towards to improve myself on before I go and try to tackle something out of the normal realm of my day to day life.
Bouncer
Old 02-06-08, 10:29 PM

Administrator
are things falling into place or what bro? give us an update.
Bdubb
Old 02-09-08, 08:05 PM

Superior Amateur
Moving that direction, but to be honest it's not all the way into gear yet.

Cut back on drinking, took soft drinks out, started eating breakfast (eggs, oatmeal) and overall just trying to do what is a normal schedule. I will be getting back into the gym tomorrow and should actually get the meals down as I said I would this week.

I'll report back mid week. The main thing for me is just breaking the bad habits and I won't lie and say that I just changed it like nothing when I posted all this up. but luckily I have made some directional change towards it.
Bouncer
Old 02-10-08, 10:31 AM

Administrator
Bdubb
Old 01-07-09, 10:53 AM

Superior Amateur
Originally Posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
its all about the right mindset bro.

To bring up an old thread and include a good quote all at the same time.

Figured I didn't really need to make a new thread as this one from a year ago is about where I left off at and am trying to pick back at that same location right now.

The last year has brought some new and ended some old habits. While work continues to be hectic at times my lifestyle remained about the same with some unhealthy habits but luckily nothing reckless. Going back and reading some of my previous post on here I am realizing even more how I just need to break things down into smaller steps until I can actually say I have made and can maintain the adjustments I need and want to make to move forward.

I have never been one to take anyone seriously about writing down goals and opted to just keep them in mind. Before I knew it they drifted to the back of my mind and shortly thereafter out of mind and out of sight.

This thread might as well be a place to start posting up some small goals which to someone who actively works out are no-brainers, but to me or someone else who isn't into a routine I feel it's a good start.

First few goals for the next 2 weeks:
1. Get used to going to the gym on a regular basis
2. Work out the soreness that comes with each workout
3. Begin to eat healthier as a general approach in terms of food and drinks
4. Start eating breakfast everyday and 5 to 6 small meals

I'll post again in two weeks to see if I held to that plan and what goals I'll put down next.
Bouncer
Old 01-07-09, 10:59 AM

Administrator
Originally Posted by Bdubb View Post
To bring up an old thread and include a good quote all at the same time.

Figured I didn't really need to make a new thread as this one from a year ago is about where I left off at and am trying to pick back at that same location right now.

The last year has brought some new and ended some old habits. While work continues to be hectic at times my lifestyle remained about the same with some unhealthy habits but luckily nothing reckless. Going back and reading some of my previous post on here I am realizing even more how I just need to break things down into smaller steps until I can actually say I have made and can maintain the adjustments I need and want to make to move forward.

I have never been one to take anyone seriously about writing down goals and opted to just keep them in mind. Before I knew it they drifted to the back of my mind and shortly thereafter out of mind and out of sight.

This thread might as well be a place to start posting up some small goals which to someone who actively works out are no-brainers, but to me or someone else who isn't into a routine I feel it's a good start.

First few goals for the next 2 weeks:
1. Get used to going to the gym on a regular basis
2. Work out the soreness that comes with each workout
3. Begin to eat healthier as a general approach in terms of food and drinks
4. Start eating breakfast everyday and 5 to 6 small meals

I'll post again in two weeks to see if I held to that plan and what goals I'll put down next.
awesome man.

small goals and a healthy mindset. keep positive and have no doubt in your mind that you can do it. if you have doubts, you will slow yourself down.

need any help, just ask bro.
Scrumhalf
Old 01-07-09, 02:06 PM

Great goals, except I would move 3 and 4 up and move 1 and 2 down. Even if you don't step in the gym (blasphemy on this board perhaps), eating clean (and the right # and kind of calories) will make a world of difference in your health, physical shape and overall well being.
Bdubb
Old 01-07-09, 03:09 PM

Superior Amateur
Originally Posted by Scrumhalf View Post
Great goals, except I would move 3 and 4 up and move 1 and 2 down. Even if you don't step in the gym (blasphemy on this board perhaps), eating clean (and the right # and kind of calories) will make a world of difference in your health, physical shape and overall well being.
Good point, but I didn't mean for them to be in any particular order. More as just some cumulative goals to address together over the next 2 weeks to get myself moving again.

I'll come back in 2 weeks or so and begin to define an actual diet goal and so on.
Bouncer
Old 01-07-09, 03:12 PM

Administrator
Originally Posted by Scrumhalf View Post
i would agree with that.
Bdubb
Old 01-27-09, 09:47 PM

Superior Amateur
Well, just an update. I had some various set backs, but continue to try to get into the gym and eat clean where possible. Still a ways away, but not abandoning anything. Actually feel I have more drive this week to stop the BS and set most things aside, or behind me making it to the gym and eating.
Bouncer
Old 01-28-09, 10:23 AM

Administrator
talk about the set back bro. what happened?