SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums
Register Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums > Superior Fitness Section > Member Gallery
Reload this Page June 1st, 2008

Member Gallery Pictures Of SM Members

The_Grinder
Old 02-25-08, 11:50 AM
June 1st, 2008

Superior Pro
Now I know a lot of you are saying... "Hey Grinder, its not June 1st, 2008 yet. What up with that? Let me in on it!"

Well I'm really dedicating myself this spring to cutting up and hoping all the work over the past 8 months have paid off. The lowest my BF% has ever been is about 11%. (I'm usually around 13% or so.) Shooting for about 7 or 8% by June. I always come up with some excuse why I couldnt get cut this year, and say "I'll do it next year." Well I have no more excuses. Come June 1st I will be posting some pics up right here in this thread. Whether I didn't get as cut as I want, whether all my muscle gets eaten away, I don't care. You guys will still get the privledge of seeing it.

(Some of you may think this thread is worthless but now that I have made some sort of a commitment, I have one more driving force behind me and one less excuse to fall short this year.)
Old 02-25-08, 04:23 PM

Superior Admiral
Y does it say June 1st '08 when its Februaruy???? Whats up wit that man????

Y not wait until next year to get cut????
is Online   Reply With Quote
wnabeabeast
Old 02-25-08, 04:42 PM

Superior Pro
Alright you know when you make a post like this you can't back out of it, when june 1st comes you better post some pictures with some progress. Better yet why don't you post some pictures now so we can see where you are starting from.
The_Grinder
Old 02-25-08, 06:08 PM

Superior Pro
Originally Posted by wnabeabeast View Post
Alright you know when you make a post like this you can't back out of it, when june 1st comes you better post some pictures with some progress. Better yet why don't you post some pictures now so we can see where you are starting from.
Nah I won't back out of it. Yeah I'll get some pics up tonight of where I'm starting from good call.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
The_Grinder
Old 02-25-08, 06:09 PM

Superior Pro
Originally Posted by dna9488 View Post
Y does it say June 1st '08 when its Februaruy???? Whats up wit that man????

Y not wait until next year to get cut????
Thanks for the kind words asshole!!
dna9488
Old 02-25-08, 06:43 PM

Superior Admiral
Originally Posted by The_Grinder View Post
Thanks for the kind words asshole!!
my pleasure :fufool:
The_Grinder
Old 02-25-08, 07:08 PM

Superior Pro
Haha, yeah I'll be hittin a tanning bed too don't worry.

6'0" 202lbs Unknown BF%

Last edited by The_Grinder; 02-25-08 at 07:28 PM.
dna9488
Old 02-25-08, 07:38 PM

Superior Admiral
lookin good man....with hardwork, dieting, and committment, u will get cut nicely
F u look like tis now, than in about 3-5yrs you will look good

Overall, you have a good foundation and like i said you will build nicely. Your 22ish right???
The_Grinder
Old 02-25-08, 07:56 PM

Superior Pro
lookin good man....with hardwork, dieting, and committment, u will get cut nicely
F u look like tis now, than in about 3-5yrs you will look good

Overall, you have a good foundation and like i said you will build nicely. Your 22ish right???
Thanks bro. Yeah about to turn 22 in April. I am jacked because I just got done with my first week of my cutting diet and I lost 1.5 lbs. That is exactly the pace I am looking for. I'm happy with my gains this year but my arms got up to 16" and just stuck there. Wish they could have gotten to 16.5" or 17".

Yeah bro we got some good muscle building years to look forward to at our age. Every time I get discouraged I just think about how much better I will grow when I hit 25 or 26.
dna9488
Old 02-25-08, 08:36 PM

Superior Admiral
Thanks bro. Yeah about to turn 22 in April. I am jacked because I just got done with my first week of my cutting diet and I lost 1.5 lbs. That is exactly the pace I am looking for. I'm happy with my gains this year but my arms got up to 16" and just stuck there. Wish they could have gotten to 16.5" or 17".

Yeah bro we got some good muscle building years to look forward to at our age. Every time I get discouraged I just think about how much better I will grow when I hit 25 or 26.

I coudn't agree with you more.

Naturally lifting is good and makes me feel stress free constantly.

For your biceps, did u try to shock them???? Hit triceps harder to stimulate growth for your biceps????
The_Grinder
Old 02-25-08, 08:43 PM

Superior Pro
I coudn't agree with you more.

Naturally lifting is good and makes me feel stress free constantly.

For your biceps, did u try to shock them???? Hit triceps harder to stimulate growth for your biceps????
Well I am switching up to Control's imfamous push/pull/legs split so hopefully all the compound lifts will switch things up. i have done anything and everything for my bis. they are just genetically my weak point.
dna9488
Old 02-25-08, 08:53 PM

Superior Admiral
Well I am switching up to Control's imfamous push/pull/legs split so hopefully all the compound lifts will switch things up. i have done anything and everything for my bis. they are just genetically my weak point.

WORD, i hear ya.

I've been reading up on Control's split and ur asking good ques that didn't cross my mind. gettin the time to know that spilt is good. Once u get the method right, post up your thoughts about it. (Of course give yourself 1-2months of trying it out)
wnabeabeast
Old 02-26-08, 01:29 PM

Superior Pro
Looking good bro you are at a good starting place, just make sure you hit every body part equaly hard, at your age don't worry about hitting one body part harder then the other because you think it's weaker in the long run everything will catch up.
Oh and don't forget the shave either.
The_Grinder
Old 02-26-08, 03:38 PM

Superior Pro
Originally Posted by wnabeabeast View Post
Oh and don't forget the shave either.
Ha, I won't. But it will be tough to say goodbye to my hairy nipples... :dunno:
coffee-guy
Old 03-01-08, 12:40 AM

Banned
Good luck bro - let us know if you need anymore diet advice etc....
The_Grinder
Old 04-22-08, 07:16 PM

Superior Pro
Not making quite the progress that I have hoped and I have dropped the carbs considerably. But i'm definately a little bit leaner. I guess I will have to add... errr... cardio. Damit. Here's a back pic I took earlier today at the tanning bed. I think I might turn out alright with a month of hard work...

One thing I don't like is that little bit of softness around my rear delt area. I work the hell out of rear delts every pull day. Maybe that's just a spot that is going to be late to lean out.

WonderWoman
Old 04-22-08, 07:19 PM

Superior Pro
looking tighter... nice color too. did you shave that hair from your chest?

Old 04-22-08, 07:20 PM

Superior Pro
Originally Posted by WonderWoman View Post
did you shave that hair from your chest?

Haha, I'm saving that for last. I get so scared though. Remember that episode of Seinfeld where Jerry shaved his whole chest and he kept havin to sneak away to scratch himself like a warewolf???
WonderWoman
Old 04-22-08, 07:26 PM

Superior Pro
Haha, I'm saving that for last. I get so scared though. Remember that episode of Seinfeld where Jerry shaved his whole chest and he kept havin to sneak away to scratch himself like a warewolf???
You know I have seen a bunch of seinfeld episodes, life is so relative, but I don't remember that one, haha!

don't save it for last ....
The_Grinder
Old 04-22-08, 07:47 PM

Superior Pro
Originally Posted by WonderWoman View Post
You know I have seen a bunch of seinfeld episodes, life is so relative, but I don't remember that one, haha!

don't save it for last ....
Funny Videos on tbs.com
dna9488
Old 05-21-08, 04:16 PM

Superior Admiral

You ready????
The_Grinder
Old 05-22-08, 09:57 AM

Superior Pro
The BIG day is coming up Grinder...

You ready????
Haha not really a big day. Things are taking longer than I thought. I had a stumble in my diet for a few weeks when things got hectic around graduation, which was completely my fault. I didn't put in the effort to both that I should have. (But hey I graduated!) I'll post some progress pics and I'm going to keep up the diet and hopefully post even more progress next month!

(Its crazy, the gym I just joined has fucking everything I need, except a working scale!!! I have no clue how much I weigh over the past 3 weeks.)
SonofBone
Old 05-22-08, 10:04 AM

Superior Amateur
Haha not really a big day. Things are taking longer than I thought. I had a stumble in my diet for a few weeks when things got hectic around graduation, which was completely my fault. I didn't put in the effort to both that I should have. (But hey I graduated!) I'll post some progress pics and I'm going to keep up the diet and hopefully post even more progress next month!

(Its crazy, the gym I just joined has fucking everything I need, except a working scale!!! I have no clue how much I weigh over the past 3 weeks.)
Truth is that goals are nice, you should try to achieve them, and hold yourself somewhat accountable, but more importantly is that you're leading a healthy lifestyle and you're continuing to make progress. Learning from and trying not to repeat your mistakes and moving forward is what matters.
dna9488
Old 05-22-08, 12:24 PM

Superior Admiral

lol, don't worry man, i am sure you made fantasic progress.
dna9488
Old 05-22-08, 12:24 PM

Superior Admiral
Originally Posted by SonofBone View Post
Truth is that goals are nice, you should try to achieve them, and hold yourself somewhat accountable, but more importantly is that you're leading a healthy lifestyle and you're continuing to make progress. Learning from and trying not to repeat your mistakes and moving forward is what matters.

Great advice man, and it is very true
The_Grinder
Old 05-22-08, 02:53 PM

Superior Pro
The_Grinder
Old 05-31-08, 12:45 PM

Superior Pro
Might be 1 or 2 days late with the pictures. Woke up with a nasty sinus infection this morning. I can barely open my eyes and head is splitting. I'll get them up soon though.
The_Grinder
Old 06-01-08, 01:31 PM

Superior Pro
Well I changed my mind. I was feeling a little better this morning so I rolled out of bed and snapped a few pictures. Not nearly as cut as I want yet. My diet was pretty out of sorts before about 4 weeks ago because of graduation. So basically I consider these 4 week progress pictures. I think I have a little more water weight than usual because I drank about 2 gallons of water yesterday trying to kick this sinus infection. I'll post some more in about 3 or 4 weeks and hopefully there will be even more progress!!

This next picture is bugging me. I'm definately more cut than I look here, but I have a really wide, blocky waist back from a few years ago when I was all about weighted side bends. I never knew they were doing me more harm than good, and I can't seem to shake the block shape.

Last one...

I'm going back to bed....
dna9488
Old 06-01-08, 01:40 PM

Superior Admiral

How is your strength???
The_Grinder
Old 06-01-08, 01:43 PM

Superior Pro
DAMN MAN, good improvement, keep it up

How is your strength???
Thanks man.

Its not the best. My bench has gone down about 20 lbs. My squat is kind of floating around the same. But my deadlift has gone up about 25-30 lbs. I think I'm just pulling harder.
dna9488
Old 06-01-08, 01:48 PM

Superior Admiral
Thanks man.

Its not the best. My bench has gone down about 20 lbs. My squat is kind of floating around the same. But my deadlift has gone up about 25-30 lbs. I think I'm just pulling harder.
ya man no problem....

....thats good your deads are improving, its good to have a strong lower back. Don't worry so much about losing strength, because it will come back with time man... Just keep training HARD.
Bouncer
Old 06-01-08, 01:48 PM

Administrator
i definitely see progress. that is all that you can ask for. as long as you are moving foraward you are going in the right direction.
The_Grinder
Old 06-01-08, 01:58 PM

Superior Pro
ya man no problem....

....thats good your deads are improving, its good to have a strong lower back. Don't worry so much about losing strength, because it will come back with time man... Just keep training HARD.
Nah I'm not worried about it at all. I am getting to the point where it doesnt really bother me anymore. I intentionally dropped 15 lbs on my DB Flyes just so I could go a little deeper and really squeeze at the top. Much better burn than it used to be. I want the look...
The_Grinder
Old 06-01-08, 01:59 PM

Superior Pro
Originally Posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
i definitely see progress. that is all that you can ask for. as long as you are moving foraward you are going in the right direction.
Thanks man. Getting started in the right direction seems to be the hardest part. I get motivated every day when I know I am actually making progress.