SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums
Register Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums > Superior Fitness Section > Member Gallery
Reload this Page 9 weeks out from first figure show

Member Gallery Pictures Of SM Members

bugaboo
Old 04-05-08, 10:55 PM
9 weeks out from first figure show

Superior Newbie
I am nine weeks out, I have Dave Palumbo doing my diet for the past 2 weeks, lots of changes since then can't wait to see the rest. His diet is very limited and I have bad days where I think I am going to go crazy but I get through it. Long way to go though. I need more legs, I know but since fracturing my vertebrae, I find squats harder and thus it will take longer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9 weeks out 010.jpg (17.8 KB, 574 views)
File Type: jpg 9 weeks out 015.jpg (17.6 KB, 579 views)
is Offline   Reply With Quote
bugaboo
Old 04-05-08, 10:57 PM

Superior Newbie
38 years
109lbs
bodyfat?? Was 14% 4 weeks ago, maybe 12%?
FitnessBrat
Old 04-06-08, 01:51 AM

Founding Member
Thanks for posting your pics bugaboo! Boy, you have a teeny tiny waist!!

Good luck to you!
Bouncer
Old 04-06-08, 11:36 AM

Administrator
Looking good! Listen do Dave, he knows his shit. One of the smartest guys in the business. Small world, just saw him yesterday.

Would you mind posting your diet? I would be interested in what the program looks like that he has you on.
is Online   Reply With Quote
bugaboo
Old 04-06-08, 12:24 PM

Superior Newbie
Meal 1 protein shake (normally 12 egg whites but I am allergic)
Meal 2 protein shake
Meal 3 6 oz chicken or turkey with 1 cup green beans or asparagus
meal 4 6 oz white fish with green salad ( for dressing I make it with stone ground mustard and balsamic vinegar)
Meal 5 protein shake

I do this one for 2 days and diet #2 for 3 days then repeat
Diet #2
Meal #1 protein shake
Meal #2 protein shake with 1 tblsp Peanut butter
Meal #3 6 oz chicken or turkey with 1/4 cup almonds or cashews
Meal #4 5 oz Salmon or red meat with green salad with 1 tblsp Olive oil or Macadamia nut oil and vinegar.
Meal #5 protein shake with 1 tblsp PB.

I do 75 min or cardio per day also.
dna9488
Old 04-06-08, 06:03 PM

Superior Admiral
Dave Palumbo is your trainer...GOOD LORD...how lucky are you??????
bugaboo
Old 04-06-08, 06:07 PM

Superior Newbie
No, not trainer, just diet and supplement consultation.
dna9488
Old 04-06-08, 06:53 PM

Superior Admiral
Originally Posted by bugaboo View Post
No, not trainer, just diet and supplement consultation.

Oh, but still...your getting help from a pro BB

My dad's friend is friends with King Kamali, and i want him to take me under his wing and train me to become a pro
bugaboo
Old 04-06-08, 11:20 PM

Superior Newbie
Yes, I am confident about that part and I know that I will be conditioned properly when its showtime, now all I need is someone that good to help with the posing stuff.
Bouncer
Old 04-07-08, 10:59 AM

Administrator
Originally Posted by dna9488 View Post
Oh, but still...your getting help from a pro BB

My dad's friend is friends with King Kamali, and i want him to take me under his wing and train me to become a pro
Few things. Palumbo does this for a living. He helps people get ready for shows. He never went pro, so umm get your facts straight.

P.S. Your last comment was just to hard to ignore. King Kamali is not someone that could help you "become a pro." For one, his knowledge is lacking, have you ever heard him talking about diet/nutrition? lmao. The difference between Dave and kamali is brains, Dave has them.
Bouncer
Old 04-07-08, 11:00 AM

Administrator
Yes, I am confident about that part and I know that I will be conditioned properly when its showtime, now all I need is someone that good to help with the posing stuff.
Dave can put you in touch with someone to help with your posing. Have you asked him?
FitnessBrat
Old 04-07-08, 11:03 AM

Founding Member
Originally Posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
Few things. Palumbo does this for a living. He helps people get ready for shows. He never went pro, so umm get your facts straight.

P.S. Your last comment was just to hard to ignore. King Kamali is not someone that could help you "become a pro." For one, his knowledge is lacking, have you ever heard him talking about diet/nutrition? lmao. The difference between Dave and kamali is brains, Dave has them.
And Kamali would look at you and laugh - I mean because he's so personable and nice and all..
Bouncer
Old 04-07-08, 11:13 AM

Administrator
Originally Posted by FitnessBrat View Post
And Kamali would look at you and laugh - I mean because he's so personable and nice and all..
ya, its ashame that dna looks up to him so much because they are both Persian or whatever. Dna, of any pro to look up to, kamali should truly be last on the list. just stick to what you are doing, train hard, eat hard, and get big. but please, dont look up to "pro bodybuilding". current pro bodybuilding does not resemble the pro bodybuilding that Arnold brought to light. it is a dirty world that you want nothing to do with. i dont mean to come down on you so hard. you just have to understand that talking about things that you have no idea about can make you look very ignorant. just trying to help ya out bro.
bugaboo
Old 04-07-08, 03:49 PM

Superior Newbie
Dave can put you in touch with someone to help with your posing. Have you asked him?
No, never thought too, I guess he might know someone here in Canada for me.
redsquirrel
Old 04-07-08, 04:51 PM

Superior Pro
Diet #1
Meal 1 protein shake (normally 12 egg whites but I am allergic)
Meal 2 protein shake
Meal 3 6 oz chicken or turkey with 1 cup green beans or asparagus
meal 4 6 oz white fish with green salad ( for dressing I make it with stone ground mustard and balsamic vinegar)
Meal 5 protein shake

I do this one for 2 days and diet #2 for 3 days then repeat
Diet #2
Meal #1 protein shake
Meal #2 protein shake with 1 tblsp Peanut butter
Meal #3 6 oz chicken or turkey with 1/4 cup almonds or cashews
Meal #4 5 oz Salmon or red meat with green salad with 1 tblsp Olive oil or Macadamia nut oil and vinegar.
Meal #5 protein shake with 1 tblsp PB.

I do 75 min or cardio per day also.
One of our friends, a female pro BBer uses Dave as well...but her diets consist of much more fat. Looks like he has you fat cycling right now.. How much did he charge you for this diet? I think our friend pays around $1200-$1500
Any information divulged by this member is strictly hypothetical and in no way reflects upon this member. This member does not promote the use of any illegal drugs. Redsquirrel is a fictional character.
bugaboo
Old 04-07-08, 05:46 PM

Superior Newbie
I paid $500.00. I need more sleep, I feel really crappy and crabby.
dna9488
Old 04-07-08, 06:27 PM

Superior Admiral
[QUOTE=THE BOUNCER;430504]Few things. Palumbo does this for a living. He helps people get ready for shows. He never went pro, so umm get your facts straight.

King Kamali is not someone that could help you "become a pro." For one, his knowledge is lacking, have you ever heard him talking about diet/nutrition? lmao. QUOTE]

Oh, ok ok, i thought Palumbo competed. Now he's working for MD according to Dave Palumbo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
ya, its ashame that dna looks up to him so much because they are both Persian or whatever. Dna, of any pro to look up to, kamali should truly be last on the list. just stick to what you are doing, train hard, eat hard, and get big. but please, dont look up to "pro bodybuilding". current pro bodybuilding does not resemble the pro bodybuilding that Arnold brought to light. it is a dirty world that you want nothing to do with. i dont mean to come down on you so hard. you just have to understand that talking about things that you have no idea about can make you look very ignorant. just trying to help ya out bro.
Ya, it probably is sad that i look to up to Kamali, but it works for me.

You see i was mis-informed that pro BB today is different than Arnolds time. I honestly taught they were all the same EXCEPT that they have amatuer leagues and than the Pro leagues, and there are different levels of PRO Leagues...honestly, i don't know much about the whole BB shows, but i just want to train so i can enter amatuer shows and from there move on the the pro's.
alwaysgrowing
Old 04-07-08, 07:22 PM

Superior Pro
i see no carbs at all short of veggies in the diet. how is that working for you?
FitnessBrat
Old 04-07-08, 07:25 PM

Founding Member

You see i was mis-informed that pro BB today is different than Arnolds time. I honestly taught they were all the same EXCEPT that they have amatuer leagues and than the Pro leagues, and there are different levels of PRO Leagues...honestly, i don't know much about the whole BB shows, but i just want to train so i can enter amatuer shows and from there move on the the pro's.

I think he's mostly talking about the dirty, unfair, nasty environment that surrounds bodybuilding - the judges, the competitiors, anyone/everyone involved. It's truly disgusting...
Bouncer
Old 04-07-08, 09:18 PM

Administrator
Quote:

King Kamali is not someone that could help you "become a pro." For one, his knowledge is lacking, have you ever heard him talking about diet/nutrition? lmao. QUOTE]

Oh, ok ok, i thought Palumbo competed. Now he's working for MD according to Dave Palumbo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Palumbo did compete. He was top NPC competitor for many years. By pro I mean he never went pro in the IFBB.
dna9488
Old 04-07-08, 09:23 PM

Superior Admiral
Quote:

Palumbo did compete. He was top NPC competitor for many years. By pro I mean he never went pro in the IFBB.
ahhhhh ok ok, that makes things clearly now, thanks
bigscott
Old 04-14-08, 06:05 PM

Superior Pro

ha ha ha --- was going to say the same thing -- dave is very smart and one hell of a guy -

he will be doing my diet in the future
bigscott
Old 04-14-08, 06:09 PM

Superior Pro
I am nine weeks out, I have Dave Palumbo doing my diet for the past 2 weeks, lots of changes since then can't wait to see the rest. His diet is very limited and I have bad days where I think I am going to go crazy but I get through it. Long way to go though. I need more legs, I know but since fracturing my vertebrae, I find squats harder and thus it will take longer.
you look great - coming in nicely
dreamgirl
Old 04-15-08, 01:13 PM

Superior Pro
bhcpp
Old 04-30-08, 11:24 PM
YES!!!!

Superior Newbie
You look VERY sexy. Especially in the first pick.
Bouncer
Old 05-13-08, 06:46 PM

Administrator
bugaboo
Old 05-13-08, 09:35 PM

Superior Newbie
Here are some updated pics of my progress. The first pic is 5 weeks out and the rest are at 4 weeks. I am just trying to maintain. I just go back from Vegas where I met with Elaine Goodlad IFBB pro, she gave me some posing lessons and said she thought I was ready.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5 weeks out 010.jpg (11.2 KB, 363 views)
File Type: jpg 4weeks 003.jpg (24.4 KB, 362 views)
File Type: jpg 4weeks 005.jpg (22.9 KB, 357 views)
File Type: jpg 4weeks 006.jpg (25.3 KB, 358 views)
Bouncer
Old 05-13-08, 09:50 PM

Administrator
Remember, you MUST remember to smile. Judges do take notice of the face also. Your facial expression is saying, "i am an angry person" and that will push people away aka a lower score.

Your upper body is ready for sure. Try not to lose anymore. Your legs needs a little work from the front. More separation etc.. something you can work on in the off season.

Overall good job and keep working hard.
ROCKETW19
Old 05-14-08, 12:17 PM

Founding Member
Ya your upper body looks hard but the lower looks to be a bit soft. but you look good. good luck at your comp.
redsquirrel
Old 05-14-08, 01:37 PM

Superior Pro
Try and remember to take a deep breath and look as full as possible when you are posing from all directions. And, of course smile- I think a large part of why I actually took 5th and not worse at my last show, was because of my stage presence. (Hair, make up, energy, suit choice, posing & smile) I was the only one who really knew how to pose of all the competitors, and I had the best stage presence. Your presentation of yourself is just as important as your physique.

I agree w/ Bouncer- you need to work on the overall size of your legs in the off season. Most importantly, your quad sweep. You want to create a more hourglass shape w/ more quad sweep. You should also work on getting a little more booty. You want to have some shape on the side pose.

What show are you doing?
WonderWoman
Old 05-15-08, 06:44 PM

Superior Pro
good luck and yes remember to smile. Its tough though because with all the lights you see noone, well atleast I didn't and it was tough to smile to mid space,lol.

I give figure girls credit.. IMO the posing is much more difficult and atleast in bbing, they call out the poses - so its easy not to forget anything. and I love heels but don't know if I could ever cross over to the shoes, omg, they are so high and with my clutsy luck on a stage, I would break my ass.

have fun!
Old 05-16-08, 01:02 PM

Superior Pro
Originally Posted by WonderWoman View Post
good luck and yes remember to smile. Its tough though because with all the lights you see noone, well atleast I didn't and it was tough to smile to mid space,lol.

I give figure girls credit.. IMO the posing is much more difficult and atleast in bbing, they call out the poses - so its easy not to forget anything. and I love heels but don't know if I could ever cross over to the shoes, omg, they are so high and with my clutsy luck on a stage, I would break my ass.

have fun!
My biggest fear at my first show was having all those eyes on me. Sonis told me you can't see them because of the lights...Well, I could see them just fine. You really just have to fix your eyes on one spot in the audience.

As for the heels, WW- I totally almost bit it @ the night show! I saved it, and some of my friends said they didn't see me stumble. They put that rubbery surface on the stage to help w/ slippage, and it caught the bottom of my shoe. Boy, I was sure I was going down. My heels were 4.5 in, and they even had a strap over the middle part of my foot, as well as the across the toes!