SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums
Register Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums > Superior Fitness Section > Beginners
Reload this Page weight loss for my wife

Beginners Q&A For People Just Getting Started

mormonmuscle
Old 01-23-09, 11:17 AM
weight loss for my wife

Superior Newbie
Is it possible to lose weight at all if your thyroid is too slow, even if your exercising and diet is spot on?
Old 01-23-09, 11:29 AM

Administrator
Originally Posted by mormonmuscle View Post
Is it possible to lose weight at all if your thyroid is too slow, even if your exercising and diet is spot on?
the simple science of it is this.. if you are taking in less cals then your are burning, you will lose weight. nothing changes this.

a thyroid problem may slow down the rate at which your body burns cals but the rule that i posted above does not change.
is Online   Reply With Quote
mormonmuscle
Old 01-23-09, 11:48 AM

Superior Newbie
Originally Posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
the simple science of it is this.. if you are taking in less cals then your are burning, you will lose weight. nothing changes this.

a thyroid problem may slow down the rate at which your body burns cals but the rule that i posted above does not change.
K, my wife says that she has been eating about 15 carbs and 25 protein 5 times a day, and less than 20 grams of fat per day. She runs about 5-10 miles a day. She also takes clen for 2 weeks and then 2 weeks off. Her BMR is just under 1600 calories a day, and she is eating about 1000 calories a day, but she isn't losing any weight, and it has been 2 months now. I don't want her to get discouraged, but how can you not when you go through all that effort and still no weight loss? I know hormones play a big part on the body to function properly, so I'll let you know that she has had a partial hyserectomy 4 years ago, but I am stumped on what her problem is.

Last edited by mormonmuscle; 01-28-09 at 07:23 AM.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Bouncer
Old 01-23-09, 11:55 AM

Administrator
K, my wife says that she has been eating about 15 carbs and 25 protein 5 times a day, and less than 20 grams of fat per day. She runs about 5-10 miles a day. She also takes clen for 2 weeks and then 2 weeks off. Her BSR is just under 1600 calories a day, and she is eating about 1000 calories a day, but she isn't losing any weight, and it has been 2 months now. I don't want her to get discouraged, but how can you not when you go through all that effort and still no weight loss? I know hormones play a big part on the body to function properly, so I'll let you know that she has had a partial hyserectomy 4 years ago, but I am stumped on what her problem is.
if her breakdown is 15 carbs, 25 protein 5 times a day, and less then 20 grams fat a day, that comes out to about 980 cals. not even 1000.

if she is truly eating that few calories, and running 10 miles a day, she is not human if she doesn't loose weight. her body is probably burning at least 3k-4k if she is running that long.

honestly bro, i would question if she is being truthful or if she really understands the calorie breakdown of her foods.
mormonmuscle
Old 01-23-09, 12:01 PM

Superior Newbie
if her breakdown is 15 carbs, 25 protein 5 times a day, and less then 20 grams fat a day, that comes out to about 980 cals. not even 1000.

if she is truly eating that few calories, and running 10 miles a day, she is not human if she doesn't loose weight. her body is probably burning at least 3k-4k if she is running that long.

honestly bro, i would question if she is being truthful or if she really understands the calorie breakdown of her foods.
I help her prepare her meals, I watch what she eats, and she is most definately following that carb protein ratio. I too thought that she's not human for not losing any weight, but I can assure you that she is doing just that. She could be eating the same amount of calories as me, and with that much running she should still lose weight. That's why I asked about her thyroid, cuz I really am stumped.
Bouncer
Old 01-23-09, 12:10 PM

Administrator
I help her prepare her meals, I watch what she eats, and she is most definately following that carb protein ratio. I too thought that she's not human for not losing any weight, but I can assure you that she is doing just that. She could be eating the same amount of calories as me, and with that much running she should still lose weight. That's why I asked about her thyroid, cuz I really am stumped.
is she really running 5-10 miles a day?

i don't see how its possible to consume so little and physically do so much. forget about fat. your body would eat muscle, bone, etc..
mormonmuscle
Old 01-23-09, 12:24 PM

Superior Newbie
is she really running 5-10 miles a day?

i don't see how its possible to consume so little and physically do so much. forget about fat. your body would eat muscle, bone, etc..
I agree, that is why I am stumped. I go to the gym with her and I see her and talk to her often. She runs at a 6.5-7 on the speed with an incline of 1-1.5. She runs for 1-2 hours per day, sometimes twice a day, depending on her time limit, at that pace the whole time. I know this doesn't make any sense, but I watch what she eats and I watch her run, she is being honest, I am a witness to all of it. She is as desperate to lose weight as I am trying to gain it, so she is being just as dedicated with her program as I am, but she still has no results. Do you think it has anything to do with the fact that her blood work shows that her estrogen, her progesterone, and testosterone levels are all very low? If I was in your shoes Bouncer, I would be saying the same thing if someone came to me for advice, but like I said, I witness all that she does. Also like I said earlier if she was eating the same calories as me (3500) she should still lose weight with her exercising.
Bouncer
Old 01-23-09, 12:29 PM

Administrator
I agree, that is why I am stumped. I go to the gym with her and I see her and talk to her often. She runs at a 6.5-7 on the speed with an incline of 1-1.5. She runs for 1-2 hours per day, sometimes twice a day, depending on her time limit, at that pace the whole time. I know this doesn't make any sense, but I watch what she eats and I watch her run, she is being honest, I am a witness to all of it. She is as desperate to lose weight as I am trying to gain it, so she is being just as dedicated with her program as I am, but she still has no results. Do you think it has anything to do with the fact that her blood work shows that her estrogen, her progesterone, and testosterone levels are all very low? If I was in your shoes Bouncer, I would be saying the same thing if someone came to me for advice, but like I said, I witness all that she does. Also like I said earlier if she was eating the same calories as me (3500) she should still lose weight with her exercising.
if her estrogen and progesterone are low she should actually have and easier time burning fat. high estrogen levels encourage fat gain.

maybe you should go check the thyroid bro. i really dont have answer.

let me ask you, is she fat? has she always had a hard time with weight? genetics can be a cruel thing but should still adhere to the rules of science.
mormonmuscle
Old 01-23-09, 12:39 PM

Superior Newbie
if her estrogen and progesterone are low she should actually have and easier time burning fat. high estrogen levels encourage fat gain.

maybe you should go check the thyroid bro. i really dont have answer.

let me ask you, is she fat? has she always had a hard time with weight? genetics can be a cruel thing but should still adhere to the rules of science.
She was 5'5" and 112 lbs. in High school, and was a state competitor in Cross Country. She was in fantastic shape, and looked awesome. She has had 5 surgery's on her stomach, 3 of them were c-sections. It took a toll on her, plus after our first kid she was losing the weight, and then it just stopped, cuz she was pregnant again, so our kids are 13 months apart. She put on even more weight, and after another kid and 2 more surgery's her body just didn't lose the weight anymore. She was up to 195 lbs. last year, and with her running and diet with clen she lost 30 lbs. in 4 months, and now she can't lose it at all. She is currently 165 lbs. but she was a knockout before, so I don't think she has a high tendency to be fat. Even if she did it doesn't mean she still couldn't lose weight, it would just be more difficult. No different than me, I would still weigh 100 lbs. if it were up to my gentetics. Just giving you more insight, but we are going to get her thyroid checked like you said, and I guess we'll go from there. Thanks Bouncer!
Bouncer
Old 01-23-09, 01:35 PM

Administrator
She was 5'5" and 112 lbs. in High school, and was a state competitor in Cross Country. She was in fantastic shape, and looked awesome. She has had 5 surgery's on her stomach, 3 of them were c-sections. It took a toll on her, plus after our first kid she was losing the weight, and then it just stopped, cuz she was pregnant again, so our kids are 13 months apart. She put on even more weight, and after another kid and 2 more surgery's her body just didn't lose the weight anymore. She was up to 195 lbs. last year, and with her running and diet with clen she lost 30 lbs. in 4 months, and now she can't lose it at all. She is currently 165 lbs. but she was a knockout before, so I don't think she has a high tendency to be fat. Even if she did it doesn't mean she still couldn't lose weight, it would just be more difficult. No different than me, I would still weigh 100 lbs. if it were up to my gentetics. Just giving you more insight, but we are going to get her thyroid checked like you said, and I guess we'll go from there. Thanks Bouncer!
yea, i bet with the surgery and the kids some kind of hormonal imbalance/thyroid issue came about. she might be a candidate for HRT.
mormonmuscle
Old 01-23-09, 01:37 PM

Superior Newbie
yea, i bet with the surgery and the kids some kind of hormonal imbalance/thyroid issue came about. she might be a candidate for HRT.
That's kind of what we are thinking so we are checking on it. Thanks.
NYCmitch25
Old 01-23-09, 03:47 PM

Superior Pro
im a little confused was she diagnosised with hypothrodism? maybe she should be on thyroid medication?
mormonmuscle
Old 01-23-09, 04:07 PM

Superior Newbie
Originally Posted by NYCmitch25 View Post
im a little confused was she diagnosised with hypothrodism? maybe she should be on thyroid medication?
She hasn't been checked yet, we were going to. I was just wondering if having a hypothyroid would keep you from losing weight even if the diet and exercise were right on.
Bouncer
Old 01-23-09, 04:12 PM

Administrator
I was just wondering if having a hypothyroid would keep you from losing weight even if the diet and exercise were right on.
i would have thought no but after hearing how little she eats and how much she runs, i might have to change my way of thinking for some people.
FitnessBrat
Old 01-23-09, 07:13 PM

Founding Member
i would have thought no but after hearing how little she eats and how much she runs, i might have to change my way of thinking for some people.

Still sounds impossible? Running for 1-2 hours and eating less than 1000 calories a day?! :wacko:
Bouncer
Old 01-23-09, 07:24 PM

Administrator
Originally Posted by FitnessBrat View Post
Still sounds impossible? Running for 1-2 hours and eating less than 1000 calories a day?! :wacko:
sounds impossible yes. i dont know how she would have enough energy to run that long with such a small amount of fuel.

mormon, would you mind posting exactly what she eats each day.

meal 1..

meal 2.. etc..

thanks bro
FitnessBrat
Old 01-23-09, 07:32 PM

Founding Member
sounds impossible yes. i dont know how she would have enough energy to run that long with such a small amount of fuel.

meal 1..

meal 2.. etc..

thanks bro

Exactly. I'd also like to see everything she eats and drinks in a day.
xxxkazxxx
Old 01-23-09, 07:34 PM

Superior Newbie
I could do that for 3 days i reckon, then the headaches would set in & by day 7 i'd be just about ready to faint!

Dosn't a womens body need around 1000 calories just to be able to function?
Bouncer
Old 01-23-09, 07:37 PM

Administrator
Originally Posted by xxxkazxxx View Post

usually yes. depends on how slow or fast the metabolism is. but yes, the human body burns many calories just to sustain life, brain, heart, digestive system etc..
FitnessBrat
Old 01-23-09, 07:39 PM

Founding Member
I could do that for 3 days i reckon, then the headaches would set in & by day 7 i'd be just about ready to faint!

Sure, you'd be able to do it for a time or two, like you said....but an hour a two a day just seems impossible. And then add the part about not losing ANY weight - :dunno:
xxxkazxxx
Old 01-23-09, 07:49 PM

Superior Newbie
Sure, you'd be able to do it for a time or two, like you said....but an hour a two a day just seems impossible. And then add the part about not losing ANY weight - :dunno:

That would be just down right depressing *LOL*.

I think the 1 to 2 hours is too vague. There is quite a difference in doing 1 hour compared to 2 hours isn't there? I could run 1 hour, but no chance could i run 2 hours. And thats even if im all fuelled up!
FitnessBrat
Old 01-23-09, 07:53 PM

Founding Member

Love this girl - she says "reckon" like a "hillbiller" :P

Quote:

There is quite a difference in doing 1 hour compared to 2 hours isn't there?

For sure!
xxxkazxxx
Old 01-23-09, 08:27 PM

Superior Newbie
Love this girl - she says "reckon" like a "hillbiller" !
And that's the classy side of me!
FrankTheTank55
Old 01-23-09, 08:32 PM

Superior Pro
She probably is just walking on the threadmill then when she sees him look over at her she bust out into a sprint. Maybe tosses a little water on her face to look like sweat. But really, I dont like someone 5'5" 165lbs can run at 6.5 for 2 hours.
FitnessBrat
Old 01-23-09, 09:07 PM

Founding Member
Originally Posted by FrankTheTank55 View Post
She probably is just walking on the threadmill then when she sees him look over at her she bust out into a sprint. Maybe tosses a little water on her face to look like sweat. But really, I dont like someone 5'5" 165lbs can run at 6.5 for 2 hours.

And stay 165....
mormonmuscle
Old 01-24-09, 02:55 PM

Superior Newbie

meal 1..

meal 2.. etc..

thanks bro
meal 1 7:30 Twisted protein bar 25 carb and 15 protein, 2 grams fat.

meal 2 11:30 or 12:30 4-5 oz. chicken over spinach or other leafy lettuce, roughly 10 wheat thins. 24-30 grams protein. 15-20 carbs.

meal 3 4:00 4- 5 oz. chicken with spinach in a low fat tortilla. 24-30 grams protein, 20 carbs, 5 grams of fat.

meal 4 7:00 4-5 oz. chicken with mashed potatoes, and cucumbers and celery. 24-30 grams protein 15 carbs.

meal 5 10:00 2 oz. of chicken or about 12 grams of whey protein shake. Typically no carbs on this meal.

She drinks between a gallon of water to 1 1/2 gallons throughout the day.

Goes to the gym between 4:30-6:30 and that's where she does her running for an 1 to 1 1/2 on treadmill and 30 minutes on an elliptical.

After the gym she says she is tired and wiped out and she just wants to sleep. Sounds understandable of course but still no weight loss.

We also have a track behind where we live that's 0.8 miles and she would run around it 15 times. So she is running about 12 miles. She's training right now for a half marathon, so she has been running like this for awhile. I would play with the kids while she ran. She can most definately do it. She was built for running. Her resting heart rate is in the low 40's or high 30's. Her blood pressure is typically 90 over 58. She has gone in to donate plasma and they turn her away cuz her blood pressure is too low. She'll run around the block a couple of times and then they'll let her donate. I know all of this sounds false but she and I are desperate to find out why she can't lose weight, but I can assure you I am being totally honest, she's a freak and I know it.
Bouncer
Old 01-24-09, 03:03 PM

Administrator
meal 1 7:30 Twisted protein bar 25 carb and 15 protein, 2 grams fat.

meal 2 11:30 or 12:30 4-5 oz. chicken over spinach or other leafy lettuce, roughly 10 wheat thins. 24-30 grams protein. 15-20 carbs.

meal 3 4:00 4- 5 oz. chicken with spinach in a low fat tortilla. 24-30 grams protein, 20 carbs, 5 grams of fat.

meal 4 7:00 4-5 oz. chicken with mashed potatoes, and cucumbers and celery. 24-30 grams protein 15 carbs.

meal 5 10:00 2 oz. of chicken or about 12 grams of whey protein shake. Typically no carbs on this meal.

She drinks between a gallon of water to 1 1/2 gallons throughout the day.

Goes to the gym between 4:30-6:30 and that's where she does her running for an 1 to 1 1/2 on treadmill and 30 minutes on an elliptical.

After the gym she says she is tired and wiped out and she just wants to sleep. Sounds understandable of course but still no weight loss.

We also have a track behind where we live that's 0.8 miles and she would run around it 15 times. So she is running about 12 miles. She's training right now for a half marathon, so she has been running like this for awhile. I would play with the kids while she ran. She can most definately do it. She was built for running. Her resting heart rate is in the low 40's or high 30's. Her blood pressure is typically 90 over 58. She has gone in to donate plasma and they turn her away cuz her blood pressure is too low. She'll run around the block a couple of times and then they'll let her donate. I know all of this sounds false but she and I are desperate to find out why she can't lose weight, but I can assure you I am being totally honest, she's a freak and I know it.
let me make a suggestion.

cut out the carbs, she isnt eating much anyway, the ones she is eating like mashed potatoes, protein bar, wheat thins etc.. are not the best sources of carbs.

do this for 2 weeks and see how she responds. no carbs at all. replace carbs with fat as her fuel source. natural PB, extra virgin olive oil, fatty fish. have fat and protein in each meal. make sure she is eating enough fat and protein through out the day to = about 1200 calories. it will be tough for her for the first 3-4 days, once she gets into ketosis she will feel much better. she will be getting in more cals then before and her body will be forced to use fat as the fuel source.
mormonmuscle
Old 01-24-09, 03:14 PM

Superior Newbie
let me make a suggestion.

cut out the carbs, she isnt eating much anyway, the ones she is eating like mashed potatoes, protein bar, wheat thins etc.. are not the best sources of carbs.

do this for 2 weeks and see how she responds. no carbs at all. replace carbs with fat as her fuel source. natural PB, extra virgin olive oil, fatty fish. have fat and protein in each meal. make sure she is eating enough fat and protein through out the day to = about 1200 calories. it will be tough for her for the first 3-4 days, once she gets into ketosis she will feel much better. she will be getting in more cals then before and her body will be forced to use fat as the fuel source.
I think that is a good idea. I tried to get her to eat more calories for kind of the same reason you stated but she couldn't eat it all. She was stuffed. I told her to give it some time, but now that she is hearing it from someone else she will do it. I think the no carbs thing is a good idea. Is this similar to the atkins diet? Will she ever be able to get back on carbs without her gaining weight?
FitnessBrat
Old 01-24-09, 03:16 PM

Founding Member
Adkins tells you it's okay to eat bacon and fried chicken. No carbs plus healthy fats is far different. I don't know how people on Adkins don't feel like crap 24/7.
Bouncer
Old 01-24-09, 03:23 PM

Administrator
I think that is a good idea. I tried to get her to eat more calories for kind of the same reason you stated but she couldn't eat it all. She was stuffed. I told her to give it some time, but now that she is hearing it from someone else she will do it. I think the no carbs thing is a good idea. Is this similar to the atkins diet? Will she ever be able to get back on carbs without her gaining weight?
the Atkins diet did not distinguish between fats. you could eat bacon, cheese, etc.. unhealthy shit. the only fat sources i want her to eat are from natural PB, Extra virgin olive oil, fatty fish like salmon, and omega 3 eggs. no condiments like ketchup, etc..

lets not talk about what she will be able to go back to eating. lets get the job done first.

5 meals a day, each meal should be around 15 grams of fat and 30 grams protein.

dont worry about the little carbs in natural PB etc..

if she follows what i tell her, and she does not deviate from the plan, i can get her as lean as she wants to be.
mormonmuscle
Old 01-24-09, 03:27 PM

Superior Newbie
the Atkins diet did not distinguish between fats. you could eat bacon, cheese, etc.. unhealthy shit. the only fat sources i want her to eat are from natural PB, Extra virgin olive oil, fatty fish like salmon, and omega 3 eggs. no condiments like ketchup, etc..

lets not talk about what she will be able to go back to eating. lets get the job done first.

5 meals a day, each meal should be around 15 grams of fat and 30 grams protein.

dont worry about the little carbs in natural PB etc..

if she follows what i tell her, and she does not deviate from the plan, i can get her as lean as she wants to be.
Thanks alot guys, we will do what you say.
Bouncer
Old 01-24-09, 03:30 PM

Administrator
Thanks alot guys, we will do what you say.
and just remember, it will be hard for the first 3-4 days until her brain sends the single to start using fat as fuel. once that kicks in she will feel fine.

let me know if any problems pop up with how she feels etc..

one other thing i would recommend. might want to add in a sugar free fiber supp. to keep the digestive/poopy system in shape. add it in slow, not to much.
mormonmuscle
Old 01-24-09, 03:37 PM

Superior Newbie
and just remember, it will be hard for the first 3-4 days until her brain sends the single to start using fat as fuel. once that kicks in she will feel fine.

let me know if any problems pop up with how she feels etc..

one other thing i would recommend. might want to add in a sugar free fiber supp. to keep the digestive/poopy system in shape. add it in slow, not to much.
Right on man! We'll keep you updated.
Bouncer
Old 01-24-09, 03:39 PM

Administrator
1 last thing. for the first week of this diet, i would suggest you scale back the cardio. let her body get used to its new fuel source.

listen to your body, if it feel weak etc.. don't push it and try to keep running. that will do more harm then good. the body will slow down the metabolism if it is over trained.
mormonmuscle
Old 01-24-09, 03:44 PM

Superior Newbie
1 last thing. for the first week of this diet, i would suggest you scale back the cardio. let her body get used to its new fuel source.

listen to your body, if it feel weak etc.. don't push it and try to keep running. that will do more harm then good. the body will slow down the metabolism if it is over trained.
Ok, I will let her know.
mormonmuscle
Old 01-26-09, 09:20 PM

Superior Newbie
Are carbs from vegetables ok? Also can she have like flank steaks or is that part of the bad fats she should be avoiding? Is any kind of beef acceptable? Also can she have 100% whey protein with only 1 gram of carbs per serving? Sorry for all the questions, but we just want to make sure we do everything 100%.
FitnessBrat
Old 01-26-09, 09:30 PM

Founding Member
Are carbs from vegetables ok? Also can she have like flank steaks or is that part of the bad fats she should be avoiding? Is any kind of beef acceptable? Also can she have 100% whey protein with only 1 gram of carbs per serving? Sorry for all the questions, but we just want to make sure we do everything 100%.

Carbs from veggies are fine - greens are the best - broccoli, green beans, etc.

Flank steak and any lean cuts of beef are fine.

Whey protein with 1 gram of carbs is nothing - totally fine!
mormonmuscle
Old 01-26-09, 09:35 PM

Superior Newbie
Carbs from veggies are fine - greens are the best - broccoli, green beans, etc.

Flank steak and any lean cuts of beef are fine.

Whey protein with 1 gram of carbs is nothing - totally fine!
Thanks FB
Bouncer
Old 01-26-09, 09:54 PM

Administrator
carbs in veggies are fine.

any kind of beef is fine. just remember the higher fat content in something like hamburger compared to flank.

whey is fine.
mormonmuscle
Old 02-04-09, 02:16 AM

Superior Newbie
carbs in veggies are fine.

any kind of beef is fine. just remember the higher fat content in something like hamburger compared to flank.

whey is fine.
We were wondering if it would be ok for her to have a cheat day? The reason I ask is our anniversay, and her birthday is coming up soon, and I would like to take her out to eat, but she doesn't want to do anything that will mess up her diet. Also, should she try to keep her carbs below like 20 grams a day or so. I know we are trying to cut them out but I just want to make sure that if she has too much peanut butter or vegetables that it won't screw her up cause of the amount of carbs she has in one day. I had also heard that you shouldn't count peanut butter, or beans as a protein source since it doesn't contain all the bcaa's. Let me know your thoughts on this so we know if she can count those as a protein source. Thanks.
Bouncer
Old 02-04-09, 12:05 PM

Administrator
We were wondering if it would be ok for her to have a cheat day? The reason I ask is our anniversay, and her birthday is coming up soon, and I would like to take her out to eat, but she doesn't want to do anything that will mess up her diet. Also, should she try to keep her carbs below like 20 grams a day or so. I know we are trying to cut them out but I just want to make sure that if she has too much peanut butter or vegetables that it won't screw her up cause of the amount of carbs she has in one day. I had also heard that you shouldn't count peanut butter, or beans as a protein source since it doesn't contain all the bcaa's. Let me know your thoughts on this so we know if she can count those as a protein source. Thanks.
(From Dave Palumbo) I edited is for use for a women.

The premise of the diet is high protein (about 1 gram per pound), moderate fat (about 1/2 g per lb) and low low carbs (no direct sources of carbs). During this diet, the brain goes into ketosis (it uses ketone bodies for energy-- fats) and thus the energy requirements by the body can almost all be supplied by fats (which you'll be taking in plenty of). The only activity that uses carbs will be the weight workout which may use 40grams per workout. You will get these 40g indirectly through the foods you'll be eating. As a backup, the cheat meal you'll be having once per week will provide a storehouse of glycogen (glucose) in case of emergency. So, you see, very little gluconeogenesis in the liver will be occurring. If we keep cortisol low (by
restricting STIMULANTS) we'll ensure that muscle is spared!

HAVE YOUR CHEAT MEAL ON THE SAME DAY EVERY WEEK, last meal of the
day so you dont cheat again.

Fiber helps burn fat! Everyone should take fiber 2x per day. Fiber actually helps increase the absorption of calcium.
When following my diet plan (which includes getting your brain into ketosis), there can be NO starchy carbs eaten!

Example of diet:

MEAL #1
5 whole eggs (make sure to buy OMEGA-3 EGGS from the supermarket. They contain virtually NO saturated fat and tons of good OMEGA-3 fats); add another 4 egg whites to this (they don?t need to be the Omega-3 ones; you can use liquid egg whites)

MEAL #2
SHAKE: 35g Whey Protein with 1 ? tablespoon of All Natural Peanut butter (no sugar)

MEAL #3
"Lean Protein Meal": 6oz chicken with 1/2-cup cashew nuts (almonds, or walnuts)

MEAL #4
SHAKE: 35g Whey Protein with 1 ? tablespoons of All Natural Peanut butter (no sugar added)

MEAL #5
"Fatty Protein Meal": 6oz Salmon, Swordfish, or RED MEAT with a green salad (no tomatoes, carrots, or red peppers) with 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil or Macadamia nut oil and vinegar

MEAL #6
SHAKE: 50g Whey with 1 ? tablespoon all natural peanut butter or 4 whole (Omega-3) eggs and 4 extra whites
Bouncer
Old 02-04-09, 12:07 PM

Administrator
We were wondering if it would be ok for her to have a cheat day? The reason I ask is our anniversay, and her birthday is coming up soon, and I would like to take her out to eat, but she doesn't want to do anything that will mess up her diet. .
1 cheat meal once per week. Do not have the mindset of, "well since we already had 1 cheat meal today, one more wont hurt". THIS IS VERY WRONG.

in that 1 cheat meal she can have anything she wants. much better to have one big cheat meal then 2 or 3 smaller cheat meals.
Bouncer
Old 02-04-09, 12:28 PM

Administrator
Originally Posted by rado View Post
This shit here is so over rated/\...This is nothing but a marketing scheme.
well when an egg has less saturated fat and has been replaced with healthy fats that = less chance for cholesterol problems etc..

dietary cholesterol is not the problem with high cholesterol levels in the body. saturated fat is.
mormonmuscle
Old 02-04-09, 02:56 PM

Superior Newbie
(From Dave Palumbo) I edited is for use for a women.

The premise of the diet is high protein (about 1 gram per pound), moderate fat (about 1/2 g per lb) and low low carbs (no direct sources of carbs). During this diet, the brain goes into ketosis (it uses ketone bodies for energy-- fats) and thus the energy requirements by the body can almost all be supplied by fats (which you'll be taking in plenty of). The only activity that uses carbs will be the weight workout which may use 40grams per workout. You will get these 40g indirectly through the foods you'll be eating. As a backup, the cheat meal you'll be having once per week will provide a storehouse of glycogen (glucose) in case of emergency. So, you see, very little gluconeogenesis in the liver will be occurring. If we keep cortisol low (by
restricting STIMULANTS) we'll ensure that muscle is spared!

HAVE YOUR CHEAT MEAL ON THE SAME DAY EVERY WEEK, last meal of the
day so you dont cheat again.

Fiber helps burn fat! Everyone should take fiber 2x per day. Fiber actually helps increase the absorption of calcium.
When following my diet plan (which includes getting your brain into ketosis), there can be NO starchy carbs eaten!

Example of diet:

MEAL #1
5 whole eggs (make sure to buy OMEGA-3 EGGS from the supermarket. They contain virtually NO saturated fat and tons of good OMEGA-3 fats); add another 4 egg whites to this (they don?t need to be the Omega-3 ones; you can use liquid egg whites)

MEAL #2
SHAKE: 35g Whey Protein with 1 ? tablespoon of All Natural Peanut butter (no sugar)

MEAL #3

MEAL #4
SHAKE: 35g Whey Protein with 1 ? tablespoons of All Natural Peanut butter (no sugar added)

MEAL #5
"Fatty Protein Meal": 6oz Salmon, Swordfish, or RED MEAT with a green salad (no tomatoes, carrots, or red peppers) with 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil or Macadamia nut oil and vinegar

MEAL #6
SHAKE: 50g Whey with 1 ? tablespoon all natural peanut butter or 4 whole (Omega-3) eggs and 4 extra whites
Thanks Bouncer. She will be glad to know I can take her out to eat.
Bouncer
Old 02-04-09, 03:15 PM

Administrator
Thanks Bouncer. She will be glad to know I can take her out to eat.
remember though bro, just 1 meal once per week. no more.
redsquirrel
Old 02-04-09, 03:40 PM

Superior Pro
Sorry I'm getting in on the tail end of this, but I don't agree with this diet.

For 165 lb female, she only needs around 110-120 gms of protein per lb of body weight. She is eating over 200 in the diet listed above. It's not necessary, and it's just way too much. She's not a BBer or even a competitor, she's just looking to lose weight.

Here's why your wife isnt' losing weight- her calories are way too low for the high amount of activity she is doing. Her body is storing everything she puts in it- plain and simple. While I agree she does need to implement some healthy fats, the diet listed above is not the right route to take....sorry B...Aside from the overload of protein, the other problem for her with this diet is the amount of cardio she does. Palumbo's diets do include people doing cardio, but not running, and NOT for 2 hours at 6.5 on a 1-1.5 incline. The other problem with the diet, is there is almost NO vegetables. True- fiber does help burn fat, but you need it from raw vegetables.

I suggest reducing the carbs, adding more vegetables, and doing a couple of carb meals per week. This still allows the body to go into ketosis, but allows her body to refuel at the 2 carb meals so she has the energy to do her 2 hrs of running. The fats just won't help her do that, and she will give up, IMHO.

I will be more than happy to post up a diet if you are interested, MM. But, if you already have her sold on the Palumbo thing, then it's sort of pointless.
Any information divulged by this member is strictly hypothetical and in no way reflects upon this member. This member does not promote the use of any illegal drugs. Redsquirrel is a fictional character.
Bouncer
Old 02-04-09, 03:48 PM

Administrator
Originally Posted by redsquirrel View Post
Sorry I'm getting in on the tail end of this, but I don't agree with this diet.

For 165 lb female, she only needs around 110-120 gms of protein per lb of body weight. She is eating over 200 in the diet listed above. It's not necessary, and it's just way too much. She's not a BBer or even a competitor, she's just looking to lose weight.

Here's why your wife isnt' losing weight- her calories are way too low for the high amount of activity she is doing. Her body is storing everything she puts in it- plain and simple. While I agree she does need to implement some healthy fats, the diet listed above is not the right route to take....sorry B...Aside from the overload of protein, the other problem for her with this diet is the amount of cardio she does. Palumbo's diets do include people doing cardio, but not running, and NOT for 2 hours at 6.5 on a 1-1.5 incline. The other problem with the diet, is there is almost NO vegetables. True- fiber does help burn fat, but you need it from raw vegetables.

I suggest reducing the carbs, adding more vegetables, and doing a couple of carb meals per week. This still allows the body to go into ketosis, but allows her body to refuel at the 2 carb meals so she has the energy to do her 2 hrs of running. The fats just won't help her do that, and she will give up, IMHO.

I will be more than happy to post up a diet if you are interested, MM. But, if you already have her sold on the Palumbo thing, then it's sort of pointless.
how about we let her give it a try. if she dosent like the results then she can go with your plan.
redsquirrel
Old 02-04-09, 04:01 PM

Superior Pro
After further review of this diet, the nutrients are really way too high for a 165 lb. female.; non-BBer especially.

This diet is 282 protein, 148 gms of fat, and 2439 cals. If she wants to lose weight, this just isn't the way to do it. If she starts this diet, she will gain weight. True, some of it may be muscle, but her body hasn't seen nearly these calories in months, and they are almost trippling, so she will gain fat as well. For a non BBer, 282 grams of protein is insane. I didn't even eat that much when I was bulking to GAIN muscle.

Just my .02, but I don't this is the right diet.
Bouncer
Old 02-04-09, 04:12 PM

Administrator
Originally Posted by redsquirrel View Post
After further review of this diet, the nutrients are really way too high for a 165 lb. female.; non-BBer especially.

This diet is 282 protein, 148 gms of fat, and 2439 cals. If she wants to lose weight, this just isn't the way to do it. If she starts this diet, she will gain weight. True, some of it may be muscle, but her body hasn't seen nearly these calories in months, and they are almost trippling, so she will gain fat as well. For a non BBer, 282 grams of protein is insane. I didn't even eat that much when I was bulking to GAIN muscle.

Just my .02, but I don't this is the right diet.
where the hell are you reading? lmao.

if you think this is 148 grams of fat, you are on drugs.

MEAL #1

MEAL #2

MEAL #3

MEAL #4

MEAL #5

MEAL #6
Bouncer
Old 02-04-09, 04:18 PM

Administrator

235 grams of protein.

1615 cals