SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums
Register Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums > Superior Fitness Section > Beginners
Reload this Page Back in the...

Beginners Q&A For People Just Getting Started

lipripper
Old 05-16-12, 12:00 PM
Back in the...

Superior Admiral

Well its been a few rough months with an arm injury and not being able to train. Been back in the gym for about a month now and all is going well. Last year (March) I was 235 with a 42 in waist and a sloppy piece of shit. Started working out eating clean to get back in shape. By Feb of this year I was down to about 192 with a 34.5 in waist and cut up again. I started a slow bulk just before I got hurt. I continued the slow bulk although I couldnt work out in the gym I did a lot of low impact cardio and continued with eating more. Now for the last month I have quit most of the cardio and been back lifting... I weighed back in today at 200 lbs again I have gained about 1/2 in on the waist and lost sight of those lower abs but thats to be expected. I'm hoping I can get up to about 210 by the new year and still be pretty leaned out. Then if all goes well by next year when I turn 50 I hope to be around 220 if I can do it.. work in progress boys work in progress...I would love to get back to where I was in my late 30's at 235 and a 35 in waist... but I think thats gonna be a tough nut to crack at my age. be good to have that size back one day... Anyway..it feels good to be back in the 200 club!!!
is Online   Reply With Quote
Bouncer
Old 05-16-12, 12:22 PM

Administrator
Originally Posted by lipripper
200 lb club!!!

Well its been a few rough months with an arm injury and not being able to train. Been back in the gym for about a month now and all is going well. Last year (March) I was 235 with a 42 in waist and a sloppy piece of shit. Started working out eating clean to get back in shape. By Feb of this year I was down to about 192 with a 34.5 in waist and cut up again. I started a slow bulk just before I got hurt. I continued the slow bulk although I couldnt work out in the gym I did a lot of low impact cardio and continued with eating more. Now for the last month I have quit most of the cardio and been back lifting... I weighed back in today at 200 lbs again I have gained about 1/2 in on the waist and lost sight of those lower abs but thats to be expected. I'm hoping I can get up to about 210 by the new year and still be pretty leaned out. Then if all goes well by next year when I turn 50 I hope to be around 220 if I can do it.. work in progress boys work in progress...I would love to get back to where I was in my late 30's at 235 and a 35 in waist... but I think thats gonna be a tough nut to crack at my age. be good to have that size back one day... Anyway..it feels good to be back in the 200 club!!!
Good for you bro. Keep going!
Scrumhalf
Old 05-16-12, 12:24 PM

Cool, good job! Not sure I agree with you cutting out cardio completely though. Maybe you can drop the real aggressive stuff but keep the more moderate cardio in, say at 65% of max heart rate. That way you don't lose your CV fitness completely.
lipripper
Old 05-16-12, 12:32 PM

Superior Admiral
Originally Posted by Scrumhalf View Post
Cool, good job! Not sure I agree with you cutting out cardio completely though. Maybe you can drop the real aggressive stuff but keep the more moderate cardio in, say at 65% of max heart rate. That way you don't lose your CV fitness completely.
Im still doing a little Scrum..just not like I was brother. if I see that I'm gaining a bit where I'm starting to look sloppy I'll pick it up a notch.I can always turn it up to burn off if I need to. On thing I started this week believe it or not my entire work outs I'm supersetting for an hour. Dude...thats about like doing cardio at the same time... Its a serious ass kicker!!!LOL.
Scrumhalf
Old 05-16-12, 12:48 PM

Awesome bro! Looking forward to reading about your progress. I would just do cardio on your off days. Don't do road running - at 48 after a lifetime of humping a ruck in the army, your knees probably don't need more abuse. A fast walk is enough to get your heart rate up. Trail running is good - easier on the knees if you live close to trails.
lipripper
Old 05-16-12, 12:53 PM

Superior Admiral
Originally Posted by Scrumhalf View Post
Awesome bro! Looking forward to reading about your progress. I would just do cardio on your off days. Don't do road running - at 48 after a lifetime of humping a ruck in the army, your knees probably don't need more abuse. A fast walk is enough to get your heart rate up. Trail running is good - easier on the knees if you live close to trails.
knees I can normally live with..what kills me is first thing in the morning..feet ankles and achillies .... dude I walk like an old man till I get the pain out.. all wobbly and shit...