SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums
Register Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums > Superior Fitness Section > Member Gallery
Reload this Page Do you ever look in the mirror and hate what u see?

Member Gallery Pictures Of SM Members

fractious
Old 12-02-03, 10:11 PM
Do you ever look in the mirror and hate what u see?

Superior Newbie
I swear not matter how hard i workout, or how positive the changes are that i see, sometimes i still hate what i see.. i always seem to find something else wrong.. :(
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Shibby
Old 12-02-03, 11:46 PM

Superior Admiral
It will never end. But that what keeps you to push.
Alec23
Old 12-03-03, 09:29 AM

Of course only you can face and deal with your own insecurities, but I know that for me, when I appreciate the positive changes, that can be a motivator to improve any weak areas I notice. Feedback from others can help too, and since you’ve posted this here in Members Pictures section, how about giving us a look see.
Faye
Old 12-03-03, 11:09 AM

Superior Newbie
Quite looking, that's what I did. I almost took down the mirrors in my house...I'm far too critical of myself, so I decided that I would quite looking at myself all together. I go to the gym because I love it, because no matter how crappy my day was, I can still do something productive there.

Eat to live, don't live to eat.

MOD @ www.steroidology.com
hitmansb
Old 12-03-03, 12:58 PM

Superior Freak
Sometimes I get a bit down about slow progress...but then I head over to the 'magic' mirror right near the front door and flex up my shoulders, traps, and neck. Cheers me up every time! The trick is ending every critiquing session on a high note.
JUICE
Old 12-03-03, 01:11 PM

Superior Admiral
hey man, Im not happy yet either. Ive reachedmy goal of 230 and not happy man. Im currently at 225 rightnow and feel better than 230. But I can tell u this yeah I might be big but not the way I wanna look. Maybe 260 will do...maybe but until I freak out people and they see me in AWWWWWW I will be happy.
Old 12-03-03, 01:34 PM

Juice, your quotes above have me scatchin my head:

"Roid poppin, trying to get bigger..."

"And also I dont use steroids, I use Andro."

Which is it -- roids or no roids?
fractious
Old 12-03-03, 06:49 PM

Superior Newbie
I dunno guys.. I think around the turn of the new year I will be forced to re-evaluate my goals. I started lifting back in HS because I was skinner than most of the athletes (@ 145 6'0") From there on in did my thing and managed to get my weight up to 200 max.. but I do have a slender bone structure.. so the way I figure when I was at 200 @ 6% bf, I was pretty jacked for my bodies frame. Anyway.. now I'm at about 185 @ 10.5 bf and have been hovering here for quite some time.. getting older now @ 26 years old and that good ole' metabolism is slowing down.. getting some love handles form and my skin feels "loose" on my back cause it got streched out when I was bigger..

Overall, I think I've come to the conclusion that I will never be happy, maybe when I get a bit older and married I won't care as much about what I look like.. but it's good to know other people feel the same way I do..
urso8up
Old 12-03-03, 07:50 PM

Superior Freak
Everyday i look in the mirror I wanna get bigger .

Laugh long, live long,
Yesterday is history
Tomorrow is a mystery
Today is a Gift
That is why they call it the present
BodyJBbuild
Old 12-03-03, 09:13 PM

Superior Amateur
Face it...no one will ever be happy with what they see in the reflects of the mirror....you will always see the small guy if you dont start now by seeing yourself growing and getting there to your goals that you want to set..give it some time and you'll get better and feel better about yourself...Have confidence in yourself. :o)
"Experiencing this pain in my muscles and aching and going on and on is my challenge. The last three or four reps is what makes the muscles grow. This area of pain divides a champion from someone who is not a champion. That's what most people lack, having the guts to go on and just say they'll go through the pain no matter what happens. I have no fear of fainting. I do squats until I fall over and pass out. So what? It's not going to kill me. I wake up five minutes later and I'm OK. A lot of other athletes are afraid of this. So they don't pass out. They don't go on."
house1
Old 12-03-03, 09:27 PM

Superior Pro
i will never be happy with what i see in the mirror bro
JUICE
Old 12-04-03, 12:59 PM

Superior Admiral
Originally posted by Alec23

oooooooooooooooooooops:eek: busted
New_Mass
Old 12-08-03, 07:14 PM

Superior Amateur
Originally posted by Alec23

LMAO
muscledoc
Old 12-10-03, 09:12 AM

Superior Amateur
I think that all bodybuilder and fitness people suffer from some degree of body dysmorphism. The guys are never bg enough. Women are never thin or toned enough.

I never see myself as big but people say I'm huge. I just dont see it. I guess it depends on yur expectations and personality. If your a perfectionsist it will never be good enough. But you can drive yourself crazy.

Any and all references to steroids and steroid use are ,of course, theoretical and for academic and entertainment purposes only

Winning isn't life or death. It's more important

Life is like a rushing river. If you swim against it you drown. IF you are passive it will take you where it will. If you use it to steer you will reach your goal more quickly.