SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums
Register Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums > Superior Fitness Section > Supplements
Reload this Page You guys use Intra Drinks?

Supplements Supplement & Prohormone Discussion


Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By redback
  • 1 Post By redback

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-18, 06:10 PM
You guys use Intra Drinks?
  #1
 
Ashop's Avatar
 
Superior Pro
Join Date: Mar 2004
Likes: 61
What do you guys drink during you workouts?
I'm using CarbION and BCAA mixed in 23 oz water.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-18, 02:50 AM
  #2
 
redback's Avatar
 
Founding Member
Join Date: Jul 2007
Likes: 870
Nobody had any business using these unless you are pro level
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-18, 11:16 AM
  #3
 
chuckz28's Avatar
 
Founding Member
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Ohio
Age: 35
Likes: 1606
Quote:
Originally Posted by redback View Post
Nobody had any business using these unless you are pro level
For otc supplements? Your statement would make sense if he was asking about insulin in the middle of the workout. I'd say anybody can use them. May not do much but I don't know.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-18, 12:20 PM
  #4
 
Bouncer's Avatar
 
Administrator
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: WILD WEST
Likes: 11602
i don't drink anything during my workouts. i drink Gatorade, protein powder, and and creatine.
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-18, 02:12 PM
  #5
 
piratex's Avatar
 
Superior Amateur
Join Date: Oct 2016
Likes: 221
H20
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-18, 05:43 PM
  #6
 
Ashop's Avatar
 
Superior Pro
Join Date: Mar 2004
Likes: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckz28 View Post
For otc supplements? Your statement would make sense if he was asking about insulin in the middle of the workout. I'd say anybody can use them. May not do much but I don't know.
I get a definite endurance boost with Glycofuse and CarbION plus it tastes better than plain water to me.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-18, 06:47 PM
  #7
 
redback's Avatar
 
Founding Member
Join Date: Jul 2007
Likes: 870
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckz28 View Post
For otc supplements? Your statement would make sense if he was asking about insulin in the middle of the workout. I'd say anybody can use them. May not do much but I don't know.
I was being sarcastic. Its what he always says about insulin.

I always find it funny when people say certain drugs are reserved only for pro levels guys. Pro level guys have no more business using them than any other person. They were made for medical use not bb'ing. OT Rant over.
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-18, 08:27 PM
  #8
 
Superior Newbie
Join Date: Jul 2007
Likes: 11
I drink black coffee pre.....nothing during or PWO. I also now train fasted and never felt better.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-18, 10:51 AM
  #9
 
AvidFisherman's Avatar
 
Superior Pro
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Fishin' in the dark
Likes: 499
When I'm hitting long hard sessions I eat some pixie sticks, but I just drink water.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-18, 11:14 AM
  #10
 
Bouncer's Avatar
 
Administrator
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: WILD WEST
Likes: 11602
Quote:
Originally Posted by convictmuscle View Post
I drink black coffee pre.....nothing during or PWO. I also now train fasted and never felt better.
skipping PWO is a mistake. it just is. whole food meals are far more important 99% of the time. BUT... quick acting protein and carbs for that little window directly after training is absolutely superior.
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-18, 11:24 AM
  #11
 
boricuarage79's Avatar
 
Superior Admiral
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: naziville
Age: 39
Likes: 1705
Only when I take 10units of slin

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
__________________
fuck a dime. im a dolla
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-18, 01:38 PM
  #12
 
Superior Amateur
Join Date: Nov 2017
Likes: 13
You don’t have to drink anything during your workout, but it is important to stay hydrated throughout your day. I shoot for a gallon of water each day, but a general rule is to drink half of your bodyweight in ounces, more if you are drinking coffee or any other diuretic. There are other options though if you want to drink something during a workout like Branch Chain Amino Acids (BCAA’s) for recovery and energy as well as liquid carbs. Thanks!
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-18, 05:39 AM
  #13
 
redback's Avatar
 
Founding Member
Join Date: Jul 2007
Likes: 870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Wilson View Post
You don’t have to drink anything during your workout, but it is important to stay hydrated throughout your day. I shoot for a gallon of water each day, but a general rule is to drink half of your bodyweight in ounces, more if you are drinking coffee or any other diuretic. There are other options though if you want to drink something during a workout like Branch Chain Amino Acids (BCAA’s) for recovery and energy as well as liquid carbs. Thanks!
I just drink a gatorade and then just keep drinking my own piss to keep hydrated.
Scrumhalf likes this.
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-18, 05:54 AM
  #14
 
Scrumhalf's Avatar
 
Moderator
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Beyond the Event Horizon
Likes: 2186
Derek, BCAAs are formulated for one purpose - to separate a fool from his money.

Just take some whey protein if you need to and you'll be fine. At a fraction of the cost.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-18, 07:30 AM
  #15
 
redback's Avatar
 
Founding Member
Join Date: Jul 2007
Likes: 870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrumhalf View Post
Derek, BCAAs are formulated for one purpose - to separate a fool from his money.

Just take some whey protein if you need to and you'll be fine. At a fraction of the cost.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Yeh good one Scrum, I nearly had him drinking his own piss.
Scrumhalf likes this.
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-18, 07:36 PM
  #16
 
Ashop's Avatar
 
Superior Pro
Join Date: Mar 2004
Likes: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by convictmuscle View Post
I drink black coffee pre.....nothing during or PWO. I also now train fasted and never felt better.
I get so thirsty when I train the minimum I need is some water.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-18, 09:23 PM
  #17
 
Superior Newbie
Join Date: Jul 2007
Likes: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncer View Post
skipping PWO is a mistake. it just is. whole food meals are far more important 99% of the time. BUT... quick acting protein and carbs for that little window directly after training is absolutely superior.
6 months ago i would have completely agreed with you but I've been trying different diets and training methods and haven't lost any gains. Mind you i haven't tried to gain mass with my experiments. Who knows, in a year i might eat my words but for now I feel and look great.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-18, 02:40 AM
  #18
 
Superior Amateur
Join Date: Nov 2017
Likes: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by redback View Post
I just drink a gatorade and then just keep drinking my own piss to keep hydrated.
Yes, that's a good choice!
Garotade and Propel are both fruit flavoured sports drinks that contain added electrolytes. Garotade also contains added sugar which might be a factor if calorie counting is important and rather more sodium which may be relevant if electrolyte loss is excessive. Thanks!
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-18, 02:41 AM
  #19
 
Superior Amateur
Join Date: Nov 2017
Likes: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrumhalf View Post
Derek, BCAAs are formulated for one purpose - to separate a fool from his money.

Just take some whey protein if you need to and you'll be fine. At a fraction of the cost.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Thanks for the tip! whey protein is another good choice.
is Online   Reply With Quote

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0