SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums
Register Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums > Superior Fitness Section > Training
Reload this Page Sick of looking at myself in the mirror

Training Training Styles & Techniques Discussion

Like Tree22Likes
  • 1 Post By paulie walnuts
  • 1 Post By Bouncer
  • 2 Post By FitnessBrat
  • 3 Post By paulie walnuts
  • 1 Post By FrankTheTank55
  • 2 Post By ROCKETW19
  • 1 Post By Mr I
  • 1 Post By lipripper
  • 1 Post By lipripper
  • 1 Post By FrankTheTank55
  • 2 Post By BEAST
  • 2 Post By FitnessBrat
  • 1 Post By Mr I
  • 1 Post By ROCKETW19
  • 1 Post By auri
  • 1 Post By Ashop

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-07-13, 03:23 PM
Sick of looking at myself in the mirror

VEGETARIAN
Checking my progress, taking pictures etc, there's sooo much more to life and I'm outward facing, getting me down.

Anyone else get this?
Old 05-07-13, 03:27 PM

Founding Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr incredible View Post
Checking my progress, taking pictures etc, there's sooo much more to life and I'm outward facing, getting me down.

Anyone else get this?
As a matter of fact, yes. I was just thinking that this morning regardless of how much progress I make it seems to be never enough.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-13, 03:43 PM

Superior Newbie
Its never ending. Oh just ten more pounds and another inch on my arms. Can't just enjoy what you have.:panic:
Mr I likes this.
Old 05-07-13, 03:52 PM

VEGETARIAN
Yeah, these points, and also I feel fucking shallow.

Not sure if I mentioned this but my nephew has a.condition NF1.

He has some dissfigurement and disability, heart of a lion though, and I'm concerned about my lowe abdominal fat, fuck that shit in the ass.

I'm not making out I'm.mr righteous and I like the feeling of looking like a.specimen, but there has to be balance and lately there hadn't been enough
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-13, 05:18 PM

Administrator
No, I dont get what you guys are saying.

I love looking at myself and seeing the progress or lack of progress. The mirror doesnt lie.

There is nothing more pleasing then looking in the mirror and just knowing you look great and the hard work is paying off. I refuse to feel guilty over taking pride in my body.

So what if its never enough, chasing that dream is what its all about.
MattG likes this.
Old 05-07-13, 06:03 PM

Founding Member
I think sometimes it's easier to be a little more forgiving in some areas, when you feel great satisfaction in others. I might not be in the greatest shape I *could* be in, but in the end, that doesn't really make me the MOST happy anyway.
Mr I and paulie walnuts like this.
Old 05-07-13, 07:07 PM

Superior Newbie
Pride is one thing. Obsessing over something you don't have and not enjoying what you have now is another.
FitnessBrat, Mr I and lipripper like this.
Old 05-07-13, 07:46 PM

Administrator
I don't see how the 2 are connected. I can enjoy what I have while striving towards something greater. The persuit of that goal is something I truly love.
Old 05-07-13, 08:29 PM

Superior Pro
Quote:

Anyone else get this?
I wonder if its the gear having an effect mentally???? I totally understand what you're saying. I know lately I'm looking at the world differently, with all the bullshit out there is worrying about your bodyfat % really so important? I'm not saying be a lazy piece of shit but always chasing your tail next thing you know you've missed so many more important things.
Mr I likes this.
Old 05-07-13, 08:38 PM

Superior Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
I don't see how the 2 are connected. I can enjoy what I have while striving towards something greater. The persuit of that goal is something I truly love.
What is your goal? To have great abs to hang out in your bathroom with? Not being a dick here or anything. But is that seriously all that you have to worry about in life? I could see if you where a fitness model or something where you're livelihood depended on it. Again I'm not being an ass or anything I just can't believe that's all you concern yourself with in life.
Old 05-07-13, 08:56 PM

Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankTheTank55 View Post
What is your goal? To have great abs to hang out in your bathroom with? Not being a dick here or anything. But is that seriously all that you have to worry about in life? I could see if you where a fitness model or something where you're livelihood depended on it. Again I'm not being an ass or anything I just can't believe that's all you concern yourself with in life.
Great abs to hang out in my bathroom with.. Don't say your not being a dick when you clearly are.

Have I ever said that is ALL I concern myself with? Don't put words in my mouth.

Being in shape is very important to me yes, does that bother you?

Just because you aren't willing or simply cant get into shape doesn't give you the right to try and talk down to me because I am.
Old 05-07-13, 10:09 PM

Founding Member
I get it Mr I. I kinda relized after second kid that the gym and diet isnt as important as it used to be. I think it is a time thing 2 kids take up so much time compared to one.
I wonder if I would still be like this if I had 1 or no kids?
I am making time for gym and even diet I think diet is worst. the time it takes to prepare meals is to much and I have to much other things going on then to worrie about cooking chicken and rice, I dont say this cuz I like junk food cuz to be honest I dont even like food its a waist of time IMO I eat for a pursose thats the only reason I eat,lol cept Oreos
Mr I and lipripper like this.
Old 05-07-13, 11:17 PM

VEGETARIAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKETW19 View Post
I get it Mr I. I kinda relized after second kid that the gym and diet isnt as important as it used to be. I think it is a time thing 2 kids take up so much time compared to one.
I wonder if I would still be like this if I had 1 or no kids?
I am making time for gym and even diet I think diet is worst. the time it takes to prepare meals is to much and I have to much other things going on then to worrie about cooking chicken and rice, I dont say this cuz I like junk food cuz to be honest I dont even like food its a waist of time IMO I eat for a pursose thats the only reason I eat,lol cept Oreos
Exactly.

I'm going to try and try and prep my meals and do gym but avoid the mirror apart from face, feed the soul not the ego.
Old 05-08-13, 01:16 AM

Founding Member
Quote:

Anyone else get this?
So you're giving up? If you're not making progress regardless of how much work or drugs you put in, well this happens to all of us bro. Not like you're small or fat, you may carry some fat or have some imperfections but we all do to some extent. The question here is this;

Are you doing this for your own satisfaction? The boards? Someone making you feel inferior?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blm View Post
As a matter of fact, yes. I was just thinking that this morning regardless of how much progress I make it seems to be never enough.
I call that being greedy with ourselves. We need to find balance and be happy with it. I don't agree with you saying that it seems to be never enough

Quote:
No, I dont get what you guys are saying.

I love looking at myself and seeing the progress or lack of progress. The mirror doesnt lie.

There is nothing more pleasing then looking in the mirror and just knowing you look great and the hard work is paying off. I refuse to feel guilty over taking pride in my body.

So what if its never enough, chasing that dream is what its all about.
You know you're my boy and all...But you are very obsessed with yourself, almost too much. But I can relate in regards to my BJJ. I train my ass off 4-5 days a week if not 6 days and at times twice a day while still lifting and maintaining my 218lb frame; not easy.

But I also know when to take a step back and smell the fresh air for lack of better terms Not everyone on here or anywhere has the same goals. Like we've discussed too many times. Women will find your body attractive and not so attractive, like myself as well with my stocky body and far from fat. Not lean like you by any means, but lean enough and happy with it.

At the end of the day, what matters most is what YOU think. Not what WE nor anyone thinks. We both look great, but with different types of physiques; we've proven this. But I'm happy with the way I am and just because you think otherwise, doesn't make me feel less of a human being. Because at the end of the day, when you take your shirt off and walk up to me, I will slap you around like Sally

Self TRUE confidence within ourselves is the BIGGEST weapon over anything brother. You can have all that physique and I will grab a 145lb brown belt that will make you look like scooby doo bitch.

That's like you pulling up in a Ferrari and I'm driving the GTR....Yea your shit may be more money, but I'll spank you when the light goes green Aesthetic means shit, having a fucking heart and putting it on the line is where it counts.

I've learned through my years to leave my ego at the door when I roll. Yea I'm big, stocky and a brute for strength for my size and I can handle myself well. But I also know that 145lb brown belt I speak about, will hand me my ass at anytime. He does all the fucking time:ninja:

What most of us don't realize is that at some point in our lives, we will need to stop AS and be natural. Are you ready for that mentally? Don't think so but I am because I've been there many times before and still have looked and felt great.

Peace
Old 05-08-13, 02:13 AM

VEGETARIAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
So you're giving up? If you're not making progress regardless of how much work or drugs you put in, well this happens to all of us bro. Not like you're small or fat, you may carry some fat or have some imperfections but we all do to some extent. The question here is this;

Are you doing this for your own satisfaction? The boards? Someone making you feel inferior?

I call that being greedy with ourselves. We need to find balance and be happy with it. I don't agree with you saying that it seems to be never enough

You know you're my boy and all...But you are very obsessed with yourself, almost too much. But I can relate in regards to my BJJ. I train my ass off 4-5 days a week if not 6 days and at times twice a day while still lifting and maintaining my 218lb frame; not easy.

But I also know when to take a step back and smell the fresh air for lack of better terms Not everyone on here or anywhere has the same goals. Like we've discussed too many times. Women will find your body attractive and not so attractive, like myself as well with my stocky body and far from fat. Not lean like you by any means, but lean enough and happy with it.

At the end of the day, what matters most is what YOU think. Not what WE nor anyone thinks. We both look great, but with different types of physiques; we've proven this. But I'm happy with the way I am and just because you think otherwise, doesn't make me feel less of a human being. Because at the end of the day, when you take your shirt off and walk up to me, I will slap you around like Sally

Self TRUE confidence within ourselves is the BIGGEST weapon over anything brother. You can have all that physique and I will grab a 145lb brown belt that will make you look like scooby doo bitch.

That's like you pulling up in a Ferrari and I'm driving the GTR....Yea your shit may be more money, but I'll spank you when the light goes green Aesthetic means shit, having a fucking heart and putting it on the line is where it counts.

I've learned through my years to leave my ego at the door when I roll. Yea I'm big, stocky and a brute for strength for my size and I can handle myself well. But I also know that 145lb brown belt I speak about, will hand me my ass at anytime. He does all the fucking time:ninja:

What most of us don't realize is that at some point in our lives, we will need to stop AS and be natural. Are you ready for that mentally? Don't think so but I am because I've been there many times before and still have looked and felt great.

Peace
No
Old 05-08-13, 02:33 AM

Founding Member
Quote:
No
Oh I'm so waiting for his reply
Old 05-08-13, 03:17 AM

VEGETARIAN
Ronin, I am doing it because I didn't like what I saw in the mirror when I was fatter. But now I've lost fatI'm getting be bored of the vanity of keeping looking if that makes sense, my goal is to lose more fat really.
lipripper likes this.
Old 05-08-13, 03:26 AM

Superior Admiral
I get what MR I is saying..I also get B's perspective as well. Im at a point right now where Im very motivated to try and complete my goal witch is fastly approaching... to be the best I can be at 50. Aug is around the corner.

the whole idea behind it is kind of selfish I think, but at the same time challenging and it inspires me to drive on. But I also know other responsibilities are first..so I have to balance the approach if you will.

but I have been making progress no doubt... I cant do the every day mirror thing...once a week I weigh in ect.. honestly..some times I wonder what I would be like "on" but then reality hits me again..Im just a skinny old bastard...
Mr I likes this.
Old 05-08-13, 03:39 AM

Superior Admiral
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post

Peace
Very well put! applies to everyone!!
Old 05-08-13, 04:06 AM

VEGETARIAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by lipripper View Post
I get what MR I is saying..I also get B's perspective as well. Im at a point right now where Im very motivated to try and complete my goal witch is fastly approaching... to be the best I can be at 50. Aug is around the corner.

the whole idea behind it is kind of selfish I think, but at the same time challenging and it inspires me to drive on. But I also know other responsibilities are first..so I have to balance the approach if you will.

but I have been making progress no doubt... I cant do the every day mirror thing...once a week I weigh in ect.. honestly..some times I wonder what I would be like "on" but then reality hits me again..Im just a skinny old bastard...
Props on pushing yourself and nothing wrong with that.

I just thought it healthy to share how I was feeling and it sounds like I'm not alone in this
Old 05-08-13, 06:14 AM

Superior Admiral
Quote:
Props on pushing yourself and nothing wrong with that.

I just thought it healthy to share how I was feeling and it sounds like I'm not alone in this
Nope definatly not bro.
Mr I likes this.
Old 05-08-13, 09:00 AM

Superior Pro
Quote:
Great abs to hang out in my bathroom with.. Don't say your not being a dick when you clearly are.

Have I ever said that is ALL I concern myself with? Don't put words in my mouth.

Being in shape is very important to me yes, does that bother you?

Just because you aren't willing or simply cant get into shape doesn't give you the right to try and talk down to me because I am.
First, I wasn't being a dick don't be so sensitive....lol

I didn't put any words in your mouth I'm just going by what you do and say on here. Your desire to be in shape doesn't bother me, why would it? If anybody talks down to people around here its you. All I was saying is there are a lot more things in life (for most people) that are important and neglecting them for a perfect body isn't worth it. I'd rather look good and spend time with my family/friends then look "perfect" while ignoring those other things in life.
paulie walnuts likes this.
Old 05-08-13, 09:06 AM

Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankTheTank55 View Post
First, I wasn't being a dick don't be so sensitive....lol

I didn't put any words in your mouth I'm just going by what you do and say on here. Your desire to be in shape doesn't bother me, why would it? If anybody talks down to people around here its you. All I was saying is there are a lot more things in life (for most people) that are important and neglecting them for a perfect body isn't worth it. I'd rather look good and spend time with my family/friends then look "perfect" while ignoring those other things in life.
AKA you gave up on your diet because it got hard and now you use "i would rather enjoy life" as an excuse. Have you made any progress at all since you started the diet I wasted my time writing up like a fucken year ago? Not being a dick bro...
Old 05-08-13, 09:24 AM

VEGETARIAN
Its about balance isn't it and I guess different for all. I'm more aligned with franks perspective than bouncers, but for me that can change for a short time with certain goals in mind
Old 05-08-13, 09:25 AM

VEGETARIAN
Just looking at the avis in this discussion thread said alot hahaha! Me and B hitting the bathroom shots lol
Old 05-08-13, 09:26 AM

Founding Member
I'm perfectly happy where I'm at.

I'm lean enough to see my abs but not to lean to make myself crazy with low body fat and constant diet issues.

Life is short people. Enjoy what you got.
ROCKETW19 and paulie walnuts like this.
Old 05-08-13, 09:38 AM

Founding Member
The difference is Frank has children. Kids are very consuming and doing things with them and for them, usually becomes a priority when you're a parent.

Life is so very short. Sometimes it's easy to miss the little things, which often end up the most memorable...
Mr I and lipripper like this.
Old 05-08-13, 09:42 AM

VEGETARIAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by FitnessBrat View Post
The difference is Frank has children. Kids are very consuming and doing things with them and for them, usually becomes a priority when you're a parent.

Life is so very short. Sometimes it's easy to miss the little things, which often end up the most memorable...
I'll be totally honest, if I had kids I'd spend less time in the gym, but then I'd personally get fat and want to hit the gym hard lol
ROCKETW19 likes this.
Old 05-08-13, 09:51 AM

Founding Member
Quote:

I'll be totally honest, if I had kids I'd spend less time in the gym, but then I'd personally get fat and want to hit the gym hard lol

I spent a LOT of time in the gym when my kids were younger, and sometimes I feel kind of bad about it.

But with that said, although I'm not like that anymore, I still won't ever be a big fatass! :panic:
Old 05-08-13, 11:02 AM

As an Indian guy, I am at peace with losing the genetic lottery as far as physical characteristics are concerned. My ancestors who took the lower route out of Africa through Turkey and into Asia missed out totally on the Neanderthal genes that you Euros managed to incorporate so effectively

That being said, I still have goals to reach my genetic potential. Being natural, I don't obsess over every detail because I don't have AAS coursing through my veins and having a timetable as far as being on cycle is concerned. I am happy that I am stronger and fitter than most people my age, Indian or otherwise. But I am always going to looking to get better because I feel I am nowhere near my genetic potential.
Old 05-08-13, 12:44 PM

Founding Member
EVEYONE is different and to B looking like a greek god is the most important thing to him. although not important to me I wont talk down to him for it as that is what he likes. fucker has great control to stay lean as he is so long.
I hope no one talks down to me either for not caring so much about diet and gym anymore. of coarse I want to look like I used to but time dont let that happen so be it.
A$AP likes this.
Old 05-08-13, 03:28 PM

Founding Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAST View Post
I'm perfectly happy where I'm at.

I'm lean enough to see my abs but not to lean to make myself crazy with low body fat and constant diet issues.

Life is short people. Enjoy what you got.
Yea enjoy your short fat ass while you can

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKETW19 View Post
EVEYONE is different and to B looking like a greek god is the most important thing to him. although not important to me I wont talk down to him for it as that is what he likes. fucker has great control to stay lean as he is so long.
I hope no one talks down to me either for not caring so much about diet and gym anymore. of coarse I want to look like I used to but time dont let that happen so be it.
Too bad those gods do not exist
Old 05-10-13, 08:26 AM

Superior Pro
The mirror and my body are all I have control over some days. Ten more years I'll be wearing depends or something, so I'll enjoy it while I can. Setbacks, achievements, everything.
rado likes this.
Old 05-10-13, 07:06 PM
Lightbulb

Superior Pro
Quote:

Anyone else get this?
Time for a break. Your burnt out. It happens.
Mr I likes this.
Old 05-12-13, 03:48 AM

VEGETARIAN
So I've rested about a week now and feel much better.

Found myself sleeping alot, not moving about much, also very stiff in places but that's eased off now.

I the back ground since last year I've had some emotional trauma which has been building but has now mainly begun to pass, think the hard training and stuff kinda brought it out and this is all part off that psychology.

Anyway, feel better and the break has done me good
Old 05-14-13, 09:17 PM

Superior Newbie
I get what your saying . I always wanted to be a lean 250. Then when I did that I wanted to be 300lean. Now that I reached that goal, I'm not really sure what goal is next.
Old 05-14-13, 09:35 PM

You are 300 lean? Damn....

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0