SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums
Register Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums > Superior Fitness Section > Training
Reload this Page exercise ball as a desk chair

Training Training Styles & Techniques Discussion

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Chadd77

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-15, 11:22 AM
exercise ball as a desk chair

Superior Pro
I am thinking about replacing the chair at my desk for an exercise ball with a base. I spend most of my day reading and writing, only moving my fingers and head, I am thinking the exercise ball will help me burn a couple extra calories and it is supposed to help ones focus as well. Has anyone tried this?
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-15, 11:26 AM

Founding Member
Not sure about an exercise ball but I know a lot of the standing desks are becoming popular.
Scrumhalf likes this.
Old 04-09-15, 11:42 AM

Ask your management for a sit/stand desk, where the work surface can be moved up and down. Pretty much all of the new desks going into our workplace are of this type. It's much better for your back if you don't have to sit all day long.
Old 04-09-15, 02:08 PM

Superior Pro
Unfortunately my Director likes everything to be uniform, I would never be able to get that expenditure through. Also, my desk is big and I like that, I can spread out my paperwork and electronics, it is shaped like a boomerang, six feet then a curve and another 6 feet.
Old 04-09-15, 03:03 PM

VEGETARIAN
Bad idea imo

The body needs rest to recuperate between workouts

I lay back in my office chair and have my PA bring me cups of tea and biscuits all day long and it works great
Old 04-09-15, 06:07 PM

Founding Member
I don't know how any of you guys could sit all day at work. This would drive me bat shit. Antsy, irritated, tired, these are all symptoms I get sitting too long. I'd end up with blood clots or something. Laying feels good but sitting just hurts.
Old 04-10-15, 07:39 AM

Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr I View Post

I lay back in my office chair and have my PA bring me cups of tea and biscuits all day long and it works great
:laugh::laugh:

agree though, one of those things that looks good on paper but if you actually try to sit on an exercise ball all day the idea suddenly becomes a bit less enticing.

best to invest in a comfortable proper posture chair.
Old 04-10-15, 09:50 AM

Superior Pro
I have a decent chair but I am trying to think about ways to burn more calories. I have noticed the heavier I get the harder it is to win girls over with my lovely personality (joke intended).
Old 04-10-15, 11:05 AM

Administrator
Diet brother. The chair you sit on isn't going to make a bit of difference if your taking in more cals then your burning.
Old 04-10-15, 11:24 AM

Superior Pro
Yeah, I know. I have pretty much changed the way I have been eating the past couple weeks and I already feel better, just waiting to look better, haha. Maybe you can give me some pointers on my diet. I will list what I ate yesterday over on the nutrition forum.
Old 04-10-15, 06:01 PM

Administrator
Check out the nutrition section especially my food pics thread and rados food pic thread. All kinds of food ideas and what to eat in there. Sometimes pics of food can help rather then just a bunch of typed out diets.

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0