SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums
Register Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums > Superior Fitness Section > Training
Reload this Page Bursitis with a small fracture

Training Training Styles & Techniques Discussion

Like Tree25Likes
  • 1 Post By Bouncer
  • 1 Post By rado
  • 4 Post By Chadd77
  • 1 Post By Bouncer
  • 3 Post By Erod13
  • 1 Post By chuckz28
  • 3 Post By lipripper
  • 2 Post By Bouncer
  • 3 Post By Scrumhalf
  • 1 Post By chuckz28
  • 1 Post By rado
  • 1 Post By rado
  • 1 Post By rado
  • 1 Post By lipripper
  • 1 Post By rado

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-16, 10:48 AM
Thumbs down Bursitis with a small fracture

Founding Member
Small fracture. I've had this for years it seems and I've ignored the symptoms due to stubbornness. Having titanium rods in my forearm from a few years ago, you'd think I'd be more cautious? Eh nope lol

Having full panel done on blood with gh, igf and test panel. Will be having an MRI done on upper body from shoulder to shoulder and including mid low back as well.

Told the doc it's time for a major tuneup. This young fella needs to make sure i'm healthy all around. After all this is said and done, we'll move to the conversation of having another child.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2016-08-09 11.39.35.jpg (2.84 MB, 20 views)
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-16, 10:49 AM

Founding Member
So no injured reserve list ya pansies :fufool:
Old 08-09-16, 10:59 AM

Administrator
So what exactly is the injury? Where is the area of the fracture? Whats the fix and what's the healing time?
Old 08-09-16, 11:22 AM

Founding Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncer View Post
So what exactly is the injury? Where is the area of the fracture? Whats the fix and what's the healing time?
I'll take pics later. The injury is on the point of the elbow. Healing? Ummmm cortisone shots or pain meds which both I refused.

Healing is resting the entire arm (s) for 8 weeks no lifting, umm sure not doing that. However what I've been doing is lifting less upper and switching more to legs.

Say what you want, but I only train legs once every 10 days or so. They get get too big too fast and currently I've got them in perfect size and shape for how I train and run.

But seems I'm going to be doing more legs, oh well...
Old 08-09-16, 11:28 AM

Administrator
so you have a fracture with bursitis and you refused treatment and you aren't going to let it heal. sounds like a great plan bro. i mean seriously well thought out plan.

what's with the shoulder to shoulder MRI about? you have another injury?
dna9488 likes this.
Old 08-09-16, 11:36 AM

Founding Member
Quote:
so you have a fracture with bursitis and you refused treatment and you aren't going to let it heal. sounds like a great plan bro. i mean seriously well thought out plan.

what's with the shoulder to shoulder MRI about? you have another injury?
I normally don't practice what I preach when it comes to injuries, sad but true. Remember when I tore my pec a few years ago? Well part of that tear was also ruining my rotator cuff lol. Just getting it done to make sure I haven't made it worse. One of the issues that led into thayt injury was because I had degenerative tissue wear, severely. Most of this health check up I'm doing as opposed to my other ones in the past. Well being 41yrs young, I wanna make sure ALL of me is good to go and if not, let's tackle the issue now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2016-08-09 12.31.04-1.jpg (1,004.5 KB, 12 views)
Old 08-09-16, 11:38 AM

Founding Member
I can hear Bouncer already saying.

"Deca brah"
dna9488 likes this.
Old 08-09-16, 11:43 AM

Founding Member
So you ride B's ass for his AAS use because he needs to go about it the "healthy way" and then it comes time for you to listen to the docs and you don't. lol
Old 08-09-16, 11:51 AM

Founding Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadd77 View Post
So you ride B's ass for his AAS use because he needs to go about it the "healthy way" and then it comes time for you to listen to the docs and you don't. lol
AAS usage has zero to do with my injury and I agree, if it's not affecting me terminally, then I'll keep bucking the system.

I do plan on taking SOME time off or adjusting my training.
Old 08-09-16, 11:53 AM

Administrator
i'm kinda lost. your talking about making sure your healthy and maintaining a healthy lifestyle yet when the doc finds problems you reject treatment and refuse rest. do you think the problem will get better with your course of action bro? address and fix the issue now. do not let it get worse and become a major problem.
Chadd77 likes this.
Old 08-09-16, 12:07 PM

Founding Member
Quote:
i'm kinda lost. your talking about making sure your healthy and maintaining a healthy lifestyle yet when the doc finds problems you reject treatment and refuse rest. do you think the problem will get better with your course of action bro? address and fix the issue now. do not let it get worse and become a major problem.
Agreed and no argument what so ever.

Will I take the needed time off? No...not gonna take 8 or 10 weeks of no upper by movement. However if it meant that my life is on the line, no question I'd follow protocol.

But it's an elbow, not my life or anything major. If it came down to needing surgery then I'd get it the surgery and rest, but no surgery is needed....yet.

Listen guys, I know I heavily preach to all to be healthy and feel good, I know. I'm guilty of not taking my own advice.

I'll do some adjustment but not a full rest, ah ah nope
Old 08-09-16, 12:09 PM

Founding Member
I could reconsider cortisone shots.that'll take 1 week of rest. But the injection is just a bandaid
Old 08-09-16, 12:32 PM

Superior Amateur
Boucner: Hello Kettle?
Rado: Go ahead pot
dna9488, lipripper and rado like this.

Last edited by Erod13; 08-09-16 at 01:21 PM.
Old 08-09-16, 12:40 PM

Founding Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erod13 View Post
Boucner: Hello Kettle?
Rado: Go ahead teapot
Old 08-09-16, 01:49 PM

Founding Member
Seeing an orthopedic next week, fucking doc just called me to schedule it...I need to think smart and stop being an idiot I guess....Otherwise I'm gonna regret it. Hopefully the ortho will shine a better light for me. I'll post results on full blood work and results from my MRIs soon.
Old 08-09-16, 02:23 PM

Administrator
Good call brother. You can be a Ronnie or you can be a Levrone...

Think of it like that.

Gotta force yourself to think calm and relaxed and tell yourself that your healing. Otherwise you will continue to destroy yourself.
Old 08-09-16, 02:38 PM

Founding Member
Quote:
Good call brother. You can be a Ronnie or you can be a Levrone...

Think of it like that.

Gotta force yourself to think calm and relaxed and tell yourself that your healing. Otherwise you will continue to destroy yourself.
Yea man...been thinking more all day. I'm stubborn to the point that it ruins certain of my decisions. As I've gotten older, I've tried to tweak that a bit. I preach like a mofo on us being healthy and shit. I should take into consideration that I need rest; a smart thing to do.

It's not like I'm being told NOT to train...i'm being told to give my arms a rest for a while to heal.

Kinda excited to see the Orthopedic though, I've always like their profession
Old 08-09-16, 03:53 PM

Founding Member
In the grand scheme of things 8 weeks isn't much and you'll hate yourself if you have constant debilitating elbow pain 10 years from now for the rest of your life. If you won't stop to recover eventually your body will make you stop.
Bouncer likes this.
Old 08-12-16, 09:43 AM

Founding Member
Here's a better view/angle

I got 2 elbows
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2016-08-12 10.42.04.jpg (1.16 MB, 14 views)
Old 08-12-16, 09:44 AM

Superior Freak
I sucked up a lot of "minor" injuries over the years in the Army so I wasn't considered a (broke dick) and always lead from the front. I had the mentality that I could just take it easy and work thru it attitude. While I may of thought it was the right decision at the time ....I am paying for it now. Take the time to let it heal now bro or it will cause more issues later down the road and 10 years from now you will realize what Im talking about. But then it'll be too late...
Bouncer, Scrumhalf and rado like this.
Old 08-13-16, 09:25 AM

Founding Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by lipripper View Post
I sucked up a lot of "minor" injuries over the years in the Army so I wasn't considered a (broke dick) and always lead from the front. I had the mentality that I could just take it easy and work thru it attitude. While I may of thought it was the right decision at the time ....I am paying for it now. Take the time to let it heal now bro or it will cause more issues later down the road and 10 years from now you will realize what Im talking about. But then it'll be too late...
I agree.

I plan on taking 2 weeks off upper body. I still plan on running and doing legs. I will also do some db lateral and Flys just to keep things woken up.

Neither of those 2 exercises affect directly my elbow.

I see ortho on wed and from there I will start a rest.
Old 08-13-16, 09:35 AM

Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by rado View Post
I agree.

I plan on taking 2 weeks off upper body. I still plan on running and doing legs. I will also do some db lateral and Flys just to keep things woken up.

Neither of those 2 exercises affect directly my elbow.

I see ortho on wed and from there I will start a rest.
2 weeks off is nothing at all bro. especially considering your still going to do other things. gotta get out of that mindset. it's exactly the mindset I had until I literally worked myself into the hospital.

again I'll bring up levrone. guy took off 3 months per year!

I've been off almost 7 weeks and I'm just now really starting to feel mentally and physically healed.

Think of how long it took you to get your injury. You really think 2 weeks will fix things? It's like a fat guy that took 20 years to get fat and goes on a diet for 2 weeks expecting to come out of it with abs.
Old 08-13-16, 09:53 AM

Founding Member
Quote:
2 weeks off is nothing at all bro. especially considering your still going to do other things. gotta get out of that mindset. it's exactly the mindset I had until I literally worked myself into the hospital.

again I'll bring up levrone. guy took off 3 months per year!

I've been off almost 7 weeks and I'm just now really starting to feel mentally and physically healed.

Think of how long it took you to get your injury. You really think 2 weeks will fix things? It's like a fat guy that took 20 years to get fat and goes on a diet for 2 weeks expecting to come out of it with abs.
Bah shut up

I know I know...lol

What if i jumped on deca, would you still say the same:wave::grin:
Old 08-13-16, 10:08 AM

Administrator
Yes. I'm on deca and gh and I've still taken 7 weeks off. You kind of joke about the whole thing but brother your either gonna be smart and heal or your gonna be forced out of the game. Don't think for 1 second that your injury can't get 10 times worse. You can say all you want about determination and never giving up but if your arm starts feeling like it's gonna snap everytime you lift determination means fuck all. Be smart with determination. That's the key. Stupid determination will only destroy you.
chuckz28 and rado like this.
Old 08-13-16, 10:55 AM

Rado, you ignore your joints at your peril. Whether it is the rotator cuff, the elbow or the knee, joint issues will make the rest of your life miserable if you don't pay attention to them. Your body is telling you something, listen to it.
chuckz28, lipripper and rado like this.
Old 08-13-16, 11:34 AM

Founding Member
Thx guys.

I'll see what the ortho says next week and excited to see MRIs done.
Old 08-15-16, 05:49 AM

Superior Freak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrumhalf View Post
Rado, you ignore your joints at your peril. Whether it is the rotator cuff, the elbow or the knee, joint issues will make the rest of your life miserable if you don't pay attention to them. Your body is telling you something, listen to it.
yep..I feel it every day...it sucks
Old 08-17-16, 08:57 AM

Founding Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrumhalf View Post
I'll know more today....if he says take time off, so be it bah....definetly will take the docs advice.

Crossing my fingers here that it's not too long of a rest, but highly doubt it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg image.jpeg (235.4 KB, 6 views)
Old 08-17-16, 02:42 PM

Founding Member
Right side elbow, minimal breakage and tissue developing in the elbow....you can clearly see the tissue developing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg image.jpeg (344.4 KB, 8 views)
Old 08-17-16, 02:44 PM

Founding Member
Same side, right.

But THAT elbow though....degenerative tissue...very small but need to watch it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg image.jpeg (668.3 KB, 7 views)
Old 08-17-16, 02:44 PM

Founding Member
Nice
Old 08-17-16, 02:45 PM

Founding Member
Left side with worse tissue damage and fracture....which btw, this is the main reason as to why I'm in therapy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg image.jpeg (387.9 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by rado; 08-17-16 at 03:56 PM.
Old 08-17-16, 02:46 PM

Founding Member
Last pic of left side...
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg image.jpeg (565.3 KB, 7 views)
Old 08-17-16, 02:47 PM

Founding Member
You have a tail growing out of your elbow bro lol.
rado likes this.
Old 08-17-16, 02:52 PM

Founding Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckz28 View Post
Nice
Therapy starts this Friday and three times a week:panic:

Four weeks of therapy is all I need for now. Then we will X-ray again, MRIs are to be done this weekend on elbows and upper body, shoulder, pec areas....I want to make sure the area I ripped almost 2yrs ago isn't going to be back or if anything, worsening.

I'm getting one of these right now...unless I can find one of them around my area

Bort EpiPlus Lateral & Medial Epicondylitis Brace for Tennis & Golfer's Elbow
chuckz28 likes this.
Old 08-17-16, 02:53 PM

Founding Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckz28 View Post
You have a tail growing out of your elbow bro lol.
Brah, if you didn't know....I'm not normal:thumb:
chuckz28 likes this.
Old 08-17-16, 03:20 PM

Founding Member
And the therapy consists of Interferon physiotherapy. No surgery will be needed.

Those fucking braces are pricey...funny I could spend money on whatever but certain things I'm a cheap ass.
Old 09-01-16, 02:35 PM

Founding Member
I hate therapy bah...boring, long ass drive, and seems like mumbo jumbo to me...just another way of milking money
lipripper likes this.
Old 09-06-16, 02:07 PM

Superior Freak
Quote:
Originally Posted by rado View Post
I hate therapy bah...boring, long ass drive, and seems like mumbo jumbo to me...just another way of milking money
That's why I go one or two times..see what they wanna do..then just do it my self.:thumb:

Now if it was a crippling thing/ severe injury..learning how to walk again....im sure I would feel differently about it.. and go.
rado likes this.
Old 09-06-16, 04:40 PM

Founding Member
Quote:
That's why I go one or two times..see what they wanna do..then just do it my self.:thumb:

Now if it was a crippling thing/ severe injury..learning how to walk again....im sure I would feel differently about it.. and go.
Yea I get bored sitting there "fixing" my issue
Old 09-22-16, 09:56 AM

Founding Member
about to stop going to therapy. my patience is thin and just being there for 45mns doing this and that, fucking twisting, rubbing bah fuck all that lol

i need to stick it out though.
Old 09-22-16, 11:45 AM

Superior Freak
yep..that shit does suck..it just always seems like I'm wasting my time...hence what I said earlier..
Old 09-22-16, 12:40 PM

Founding Member
Quote:
yep..that shit does suck..it just always seems like I'm wasting my time...hence what I said earlier..
i honestly feel as if i just go there for them to bill my insurance. I'm considering a different specialist for another opinion. I love my regular PCP since she's been seeing me for 4yrs now. However this doc she advised of, bah...dude is fucking boring...he must be maybe 28yrs old?! man gtfo trying to fix my shit when this dude is a pudger:pig:
lipripper likes this.

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0