SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums
Register Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums > Superior Fitness Section > Training
Reload this Page Someone help me, lost what to do

Training Training Styles & Techniques Discussion


Like Tree30Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-17, 09:38 AM
  #151
 
rado's Avatar
 
Founding Member
Join Date: Jun 2012
Likes: 2912
What a shit thread lol
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-17, 10:03 AM
  #152
 
Scrumhalf's Avatar
 
Moderator
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Beyond the Event Horizon
Likes: 2002
Not enough cardio. 2 days of HIIT swimming won't cut it. IF you want to get lean, you need to do cardio EVERY DAY!
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-17, 10:08 AM
  #153
 
Superior Newbie
Join Date: Jun 2017
Likes: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrumhalf View Post
Not enough cardio. 2 days of HIIT swimming won't cut it. IF you want to get lean, you need to do cardio EVERY DAY!

I'm doing cardio 5 days a week, 4 days after my workout and once on the weekend.

I'm doing LISS for around 35-40 after my workouts and around 1 hr on the weekend.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-17, 10:12 AM
  #154
 
Scrumhalf's Avatar
 
Moderator
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Beyond the Event Horizon
Likes: 2002
What else do you do? Take the stairs. Ride you bike or walk everywhere. You are young, so you have that going for you. But as a natural, you need to do 2X of what the druggies do.
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-17, 10:18 AM
  #155
 
Superior Newbie
Join Date: Jun 2017
Likes: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrumhalf View Post
What else do you do? Take the stairs. Ride you bike or walk everywhere. You are young, so you have that going for you. But as a natural, you need to do 2X of what the druggies do.
Yes I try to be as active as possible. I have been loosing weight consistently for the past 2 months, around 1lb/week with my plan and diet.

Others suggested I keep going until I reach around 10% body fat with my plan, so I have to keep going and not give up now.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-17, 10:25 AM
  #156
 
rado's Avatar
 
Founding Member
Join Date: Jun 2012
Likes: 2912
Any pics nitrous...
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-17, 10:26 AM
  #157
 
Scrumhalf's Avatar
 
Moderator
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Beyond the Event Horizon
Likes: 2002
2 months isn't long enough. Go for at least 6 months. You are making progress, so keep going.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
nitrous_nit likes this.
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-17, 10:54 AM
  #158
 
Superior Newbie
Join Date: Jun 2017
Likes: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by rado View Post
Any pics nitrous...
Yes i believe on page 1 and page 4
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-17, 11:02 AM
  #159
 
Superior Newbie
Join Date: Jun 2017
Likes: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrumhalf View Post
2 months isn't long enough. Go for at least 6 months. You are making progress, so keep going.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Making progress definitely, but lifts are getting hard and hard to progress on lol.

Thoughts?
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-17, 11:49 AM
  #160
 
Scrumhalf's Avatar
 
Moderator
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Beyond the Event Horizon
Likes: 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous_nit View Post
Making progress definitely, but lifts are getting hard and hard to progress on lol.

Thoughts?
Caffeine. 200mg pill before workout. And some carbs. That will give you energy to have a good workout.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-17, 01:38 PM
  #161
 
Superior Newbie
Join Date: Jun 2017
Likes: 4
Usually I don't eat anything in the morning before my workout, since I wake up at 4.30am, and head off straight to the gym.

Then I have my post workout later when I arrive home by 6-6.30am.

Can't do caffeine as it gives me headaches lol..
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-17, 01:41 PM
  #162
 
Scrumhalf's Avatar
 
Moderator
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Beyond the Event Horizon
Likes: 2002
I guess do what works for you, but lifting when fasted isn't going to your energy levels any favors. Can you at least have a bowl of oatmeal or something 30 min before you lift? You need some intensity to push the weights.
Chicken likes this.
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-17, 02:42 PM
  #163
 
Superior Newbie
Join Date: Jun 2017
Likes: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrumhalf View Post
I guess do what works for you, but lifting when fasted isn't going to your energy levels any favors. Can you at least have a bowl of oatmeal or something 30 min before you lift? You need some intensity to push the weights.
I can but that means I loose 30 mins of gym time before I go to work.

My gym is 10 mins away, can I eat a small banana when I get up and ready to leave? Or do I have to eat 30 mins pre workout?

Thanks
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-17, 05:38 PM
  #164
 
Bouncer's Avatar
 
Administrator
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: California
Likes: 9749
Your gonna be about 100lbs by the time you get to 10%. I wish I could watch you train because something seems off to me if your eating and strict like you say.
chuckz28 likes this.
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-17, 05:52 PM
  #165
 
Scrumhalf's Avatar
 
Moderator
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Beyond the Event Horizon
Likes: 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous_nit View Post
I can but that means I loose 30 mins of gym time before I go to work.

My gym is 10 mins away, can I eat a small banana when I get up and ready to leave? Or do I have to eat 30 mins pre workout?

Thanks
Eat something to get some energy. It takes me 5 min to prepare and eat a bowl of oatmeal. But a banana is better than nothing, I guess.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-17, 10:31 PM
  #166
 
Superior Newbie
Join Date: Jun 2017
Likes: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncer View Post
Your gonna be about 100lbs by the time you get to 10%. I wish I could watch you train because something seems off to me if your eating and strict like you say.
It's only been a couple of months, so maybe my body needs more time to adjust than others, who knows.

This is my daily routine pretty much

Wake up around 4.30am
Gym 4.45-6.15 including 35-40 mins of liss cardio
Come home, shower and then eat breakfast at around 6.45ish am
Leave for work at 7am
Lunch around 11.30-12pm
Leave work and arrive home around 4.15pm
Watch tv
Prepare dinner around 6pm
Eat snacks around 7pm
Watch tv
Go to bed by 9/10pm

That's my routine 90% of the time everyday.

In regards to training, I increase weights after I reach 3x6 on all my lifts. This is usually every third week I increase my weighre, as I start of off 3x5 one week, then 3x6 the next week , then 3x5 the following week, but this time , increase the weight if I was able to successfully complete 3x6 the previous week, as the program calls for.

Not doing anything extraordinary, as you can tell from my workout , and lift 4 times a week, and cardio atleast 5 times a week.
Bouncer likes this.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-17, 04:41 AM
  #167
 
Bouncer's Avatar
 
Administrator
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: California
Likes: 9749
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrumhalf View Post
Eat something to get some energy. It takes me 5 min to prepare and eat a bowl of oatmeal. But a banana is better than nothing, I guess.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Gotta remember with all the calorie restriction he's doing his lifts aren't going to continue to get heavier week to week especially natty.
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-17, 04:43 AM
  #168
 
Bouncer's Avatar
 
Administrator
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: California
Likes: 9749
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous_nit View Post
It's only been a couple of months, so maybe my body needs more time to adjust than others, who knows.

This is my daily routine pretty much

Wake up around 4.30am
Gym 4.45-6.15 including 35-40 mins of liss cardio
Come home, shower and then eat breakfast at around 6.45ish am
Leave for work at 7am
Lunch around 11.30-12pm
Leave work and arrive home around 4.15pm
Watch tv
Prepare dinner around 6pm
Eat snacks around 7pm
Watch tv
Go to bed by 9/10pm

That's my routine 90% of the time everyday.

In regards to training, I increase weights after I reach 3x6 on all my lifts. This is usually every third week I increase my weighre, as I start of off 3x5 one week, then 3x6 the next week , then 3x5 the following week, but this time , increase the weight if I was able to successfully complete 3x6 the previous week, as the program calls for.

Not doing anything extraordinary, as you can tell from my workout , and lift 4 times a week, and cardio atleast 5 times a week.
Just keep at it bro. Can definitely see results in terms of fat loss.
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-17, 03:41 PM
  #169
 
Superior Newbie
Join Date: Jun 2017
Likes: 4
Ok, so I am pretty happy with the results of cutting and I have definitely seen improvements in my body.

I’ve lost weight and body fat too ( taking measurements every week or so).

Now my workouts are getting harder and harder and I’m finding it hard to progress.

Winter is coming soon and I think I should start eating more, but not go full on with my bulk calories.

Currently I’m sitting at 132-133 lbs, 5 feet 8 inches, 33 yrs old, working out 4 times a week, 4-5 times doing 30-40 liss cardio a week.

Should I slowly increase my cals from what I eat today to maintainence calories for a few weeks and then add another 250 for a lean bulk?

So on my days of workout, I eat 1700 cals and off days only eat 1500 cals.

New TDEE seems to be around 1850, with a bmr of around 1535.

One idea I have is to leave my cals as is, but on off days, increase them to be same as days I workout I.e 1700.

Other idea I have is to increase my workout days cals to same as tdee i.e 1850, and rest days , add another 150 cals to my original 1500 cals, so total of 1650.

Or lastly, everyday my cals stay at 1850 for a few weeks, then add 250 to my TDEE for a lean bulk.

Please suggest.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-17, 04:25 PM
  #170
 
Bouncer's Avatar
 
Administrator
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: California
Likes: 9749
only increase protein calories. the body finds it very hard to convert protein into fat storage.

you could also time some extra carbs so you maximize your workout and continue to progress. about 45 minutes before the gym have 40-50 grams of quick acting carbs. fruit would be fine. this will increase your strength, pump and energy level in the gym.

dont increase cals by much. your body likes to store fat so keep it low or if you increase more keep cardio high.
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-17, 04:29 PM
  #171
 
Superior Newbie
Join Date: Jun 2017
Likes: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncer View Post
only increase protein calories. the body finds it very hard to convert protein into fat storage.

you could also time some extra carbs so you maximize your workout and continue to progress. about 45 minutes before the gym have 40-50 grams of quick acting carbs. fruit would be fine. this will increase your strength, pump and energy level in the gym.

dont increase cals by much. your body likes to store fat so keep it low or if you increase more keep cardio high.
Thanks, how much should i increase my calories by?
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-17, 04:40 PM
  #172
 
Bouncer's Avatar
 
Administrator
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: California
Likes: 9749
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous_nit View Post
Thanks, how much should i increase my calories by?
Only 100 calories per day for the first 2 weeks. Then evaluate in the mirror. If you haven't gained ugly weight increase by another 100 caps. Keep cardio high though.
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-17, 04:43 PM
  #173
 
Superior Newbie
Join Date: Jun 2017
Likes: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncer View Post
Only 100 calories per day for the first 2 weeks. Then evaluate in the mirror. If you haven't gained ugly weight increase by another 100 caps. Keep cardio high though.
My cardio is high today too, so total of 1800 cals on workout days and 1600 cals on off days for two weeks, then monitor?

Do I change my current workout routine or stick with the same reps that I do know, and try to push for progression?
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-17, 05:32 PM
  #174
 
Superior Newbie
Join Date: Jun 2017
Likes: 4
Anyone else with any suggestions
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-17, 10:06 AM
  #175
 
Bouncer's Avatar
 
Administrator
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: California
Likes: 9749
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous_nit View Post
Anyone else with any suggestions
bro this is all about experimentation. we all respond differently to diet, training, and drugs. add in a few hundred calories and keep cardio high as we discussed. evaluate in 1 month in the mirror. if you like what you see continue doing it. if you've put on fat again and you dont like how you look simply go back to what you were doing. don't make things complicated. i find the people that make everything complicated often burn out mentally. keep things simple and smart. don't dwell and stress over every tiny detail, you have to change your way of thinking.
nitrous_nit likes this.
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-17, 01:44 PM
  #176
 
Superior Newbie
Join Date: Jun 2017
Likes: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncer View Post
bro this is all about experimentation. we all respond differently to diet, training, and drugs. add in a few hundred calories and keep cardio high as we discussed. evaluate in 1 month in the mirror. if you like what you see continue doing it. if you've put on fat again and you dont like how you look simply go back to what you were doing. don't make things complicated. i find the people that make everything complicated often burn out mentally. keep things simple and smart. don't dwell and stress over every tiny detail, you have to change your way of thinking.
Ok makes sense, my plan is to eat at tdee for a couple of weeks (seems to be between 1900-2000, Iíll start with 1950, monitor my weight every week, if it still drops, add another 100 or so cals until it becomes steady), follow the same workout routine for my cut and keep cardio as is, then after a few weeks, introduce around 250 cals per day for a slow bulk and up my volume on the workout and keep cardio as is what I am doing today.
is Offline   Reply With Quote

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0