SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums
Register Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums > Superior Fitness Section > Training
Reload this Page swiming and running???

Training Training Styles & Techniques Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-17, 08:18 AM
swiming and running???

Superior Newbie
My friend and I have this debate going on about doing swimming for cardio. He seems to think that swiming is not the same as something like running or biking. He doesnt think you can gain muscle if your swiming. I think this is the only way to get him to believe me. So is it the same or not? sorry for the stupid question.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-17, 08:37 AM

Superior Freak
Your friend is an idiot

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-17, 09:31 AM

Superior Freak
reasons for swimming are low impact, bad knees or injuries, n

other forms are better IMO more consistent results and easier to manage how many burned calories. with swimming you have to actually do laps and keep a pace. its
Old 08-08-17, 11:45 AM

Administrator
like jack said, if your actually doing laps in a pool it's a great form of cardio.

as for the "gaining muscle" issue. gaining muscle is about diet, training, and genetics. you don't do cardio to gain muscle. with that said, cardio is important whether or no your are bulking or cutting to keep fat from being stored.
Old 08-08-17, 03:57 PM

Superior Pro
Swimming is full body as long as ur eating enough to grow u will gain good muscle results with swimming than you would running. Running stimulates only legs. Swimming is amazingly great for your back as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0