SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums
Register Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums > Superior Fitness Section > Training
Reload this Page Standing 50lb DB curls

Training Training Styles & Techniques Discussion


Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By rado
  • 2 Post By ROCKETS REVENGE
  • 1 Post By Bouncer
  • 1 Post By rado
  • 1 Post By Bouncer
  • 1 Post By boricuarage79
  • 1 Post By ROCKETS REVENGE

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-18, 04:11 PM
Standing 50lb DB curls
  #1
 
rado's Avatar
 
Founding Member
Join Date: Jun 2012
Likes: 3392
https://youtu.be/DWmXfbkhxsE

Last set...I tend to keep at 7 to 10 reps with 3 sets of same weight. I don't go more than 55lbs ever. But I prefer to do 3 sets of 50lbs.
AvidFisherman likes this.
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-18, 08:04 PM
  #2
 
Superior Newbie
Join Date: Jun 2017
Likes: 60
strong like always but that form is not correct. if you want pure biceps? I think you do as why you are doing curls, your elbow should never move. the second it goes up your shoulders kick in. keep elbow locked at your side dont let it go up thats how to hit biceps. try it next time and I'm gonna guess you feel it way way better. you won't loose any strength maybe a rep or two but will hit you way better
rado and AvidFisherman like this.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-18, 09:28 PM
  #3
 
Bouncer's Avatar
 
Administrator
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: WILD WEST
Likes: 10889
rocket you arent as strong as you say if you think 50lb db curls is "strong". i can curl 50dbs easy for reps. i guarantee rado can do more then that actually.

wtf man up the dose!
rado likes this.
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-18, 11:38 PM
  #4
 
Superior Newbie
Join Date: Jun 2017
Likes: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncer View Post
rocket you arent as strong as you say if you think 50lb db curls is "strong". i can curl 50dbs easy for reps. i guarantee rado can do more then that actually.

wtf man up the dose!
I never said I was strong at lifting any weights? special not biceps thats by far my weakest muscle. 50lbs isn't what was was talking about anyways 3 sets of 12 is very good IMO even with that shitty form still good muscle conditioning.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-18, 06:06 AM
  #5
 
rado's Avatar
 
Founding Member
Join Date: Jun 2012
Likes: 3392
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKETS REVENGE View Post
strong like always but that form is not correct. if you want pure biceps? I think you do as why you are doing curls, your elbow should never move. the second it goes up your shoulders kick in. keep elbow locked at your side dont let it go up thats how to hit biceps. try it next time and I'm gonna guess you feel it way way better. you won't loose any strength maybe a rep or two but will hit you way better
Thanks bro.

Not really doing it to see how strong, I'm only 194lbs...my form is great compared to 90% of guys in the gym doing these. But I agree with your post.

Sitting down is easier for me since it supports my back, which is still tender.

I'll give it a shot.
ROCKETS REVENGE likes this.
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-18, 06:07 AM
  #6
 
rado's Avatar
 
Founding Member
Join Date: Jun 2012
Likes: 3392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncer View Post
rocket you arent as strong as you say if you think 50lb db curls is "strong". i can curl 50dbs easy for reps. i guarantee rado can do more then that actually.

wtf man up the dose!
Lol...you SHOULD be able to do more. You do claim you're like six foot nine and weigh 240...so yeah.

And if you can't do what I did, you a bitch

But post a video and I'll learn from you
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-18, 06:15 AM
  #7
 
Bouncer's Avatar
 
Administrator
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: WILD WEST
Likes: 10889
I can do more and do. That's not what I consider heavy and I don't think you do either cause you did it easy.

I'm 6'1 235. That's not that big (rocket 265lbs at my same height) and 50lb db curls ain't that strong.
rado likes this.
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-18, 08:01 AM
  #8
 
rado's Avatar
 
Founding Member
Join Date: Jun 2012
Likes: 3392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncer View Post
I can do more and do. That's not what I consider heavy and I don't think you do either cause you did it easy.

I'm 6'1 235. That's not that big (rocket 265lbs at my same height) and 50lb db curls ain't that strong.
I didn't claim for it to be heavy brother. But I do agree, that weight is far from heavy.
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-18, 08:33 AM
  #9
 
boricuarage79's Avatar
 
Superior Admiral
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: naziville
Age: 38
Likes: 1459
Damn she got a phat ass I mean he

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
rado likes this.
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-18, 01:21 AM
  #10
 
Superior Newbie
Join Date: Jun 2017
Likes: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by rado View Post
I didn't claim for it to be heavy brother. But I do agree, that weight is far from heavy.
you crazy that is strong. are you gonna win a strong man contest lol no but you won't find many that can do 1 set of 12 let alone 3 sets. you didn't bounce you didn't rock and most important you didn't do the retarded jerk most newbis do.
your form isn't perfect but that is still very good. I could get 1 set and it would take me 30 mins to do another but no way could I do another full set in the min or so I wait.


Bouncer if 50 is no big deal what do you curl the 100s? dont say 60s either cuz thats only 10lbs heavier lol


how many here can do 12 reps 3 set with 50s be honest lets see I bet not many if any at all.
rado likes this.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-18, 06:27 AM
  #11
 
rado's Avatar
 
Founding Member
Join Date: Jun 2012
Likes: 3392
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKETS REVENGE View Post
you crazy that is strong. are you gonna win a strong man contest lol no but you won't find many that can do 1 set of 12 let alone 3 sets. you didn't bounce you didn't rock and most important you didn't do the retarded jerk most newbis do.
your form isn't perfect but that is still very good. I could get 1 set and it would take me 30 mins to do another but no way could I do another full set in the min or so I wait.


Bouncer if 50 is no big deal what do you curl the 100s? dont say 60s either cuz thats only 10lbs heavier lol


how many here can do 12 reps 3 set with 50s be honest lets see I bet not many if any at all.
I'll do a new video soon

I see what you're saying. But lately all of my training has been on just focusing on doing 3 sets with same weight.

It becomes tricky for sure.
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-18, 04:03 AM
  #12
 
Superior Newbie
Join Date: Nov 2017
Likes: 12
He looks great in the clip with his muscle. Yeah, I prefer to do 3 sets of 50lbs too. Thanks for the clip!
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-18, 05:54 AM
  #13
 
boricuarage79's Avatar
 
Superior Admiral
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: naziville
Age: 38
Likes: 1459
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Wilson View Post
He looks great in the clip with his muscle. Yeah, I prefer to do 3 sets of 50lbs too. Thanks for the clip!
#gay4pay

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

is Online   Reply With Quote

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0