SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums
Register Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums > Superior Fitness Section > Training
Reload this Page Been working towards 100lb dumbells

Training Training Styles & Techniques Discussion

Like Tree38Likes
  • 3 Post By lipripper
  • 1 Post By Keiser
  • 1 Post By rado
  • 2 Post By rado
  • 3 Post By Bouncer
  • 1 Post By Chadd77
  • 3 Post By Chadd77
  • 1 Post By boricuarage79
  • 1 Post By boricuarage79
  • 1 Post By lipripper
  • 4 Post By Scrumhalf
  • 1 Post By redback
  • 1 Post By lipripper
  • 2 Post By Chadd77
  • 1 Post By Bouncer
  • 1 Post By BEAST
  • 1 Post By Chadd77
  • 2 Post By Androman
  • 2 Post By rado
  • 2 Post By rado
  • 3 Post By redback
  • 1 Post By lipripper

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-18, 11:26 AM
Been working towards 100lb dumbells

Superior Admiral
Finally felt confortable enough to do it and feel I wouldn't be pushing it. been hitting 90s and 95s for a while able to get sets of 10 to 12 with 90s and 10s with 95s. Figured Id be good at 6 to 8 with the 100s

warmed up with

50x15x3
75 x 15 x3
85 x 12 x2
90x 10 x 2
100x6 x3
100x4x2
then worked back down to
75 x10 x3
65 x 10 x3
50 x 12 x3

then hit machines to finish up chest..

next goal...120s....

https://youtu.be/DCJxkY-5tr8
chuckz28, redback and rado like this.
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-18, 12:14 PM

Superior Pro
Impressive. You're way stronger than most of the juiced up guys on this board.
lipripper likes this.
Old 04-09-18, 12:16 PM

Founding Member
Good shit bro...fuck yeah....
lipripper likes this.
Old 04-09-18, 01:01 PM

Administrator
good shit rip. personally i would not work back down with the lighter weight. just do your warm up sets like you did and work up to your heaviest. no need to pyramid and go back down with low weight.
Old 04-09-18, 01:09 PM

Founding Member
Watch the volume with heavier weights, trust me.

I do the 120lb DBs for 3 sets of 8....sometimes 10.

But ever since I ripped my pec, I don't usually go heavier than that.
lipripper and Keiser like this.
Old 04-09-18, 01:15 PM

Administrator
yea agree with rado. rip i'm telling you, you are going to get injured bro. you aren't listening to what I told you about deca. it makes you crazy strong but it does not protect you from injury.

it's cool that you are getting stronger and I know that feels great but you get a major injury at your age it's all over bro. not trying to piss on the party, just be careful.

ask beast what a major pec injury will do to you.
lipripper, rado and Keiser like this.
Old 04-09-18, 01:20 PM

Founding Member
Good stuff Lip! Like everyone else said just be careful.

I go up to 125 but haven't gone over. The next jump is 135. Sure I could do them but that little voice in the back of my head tells me not to! lol I never listened to the voice before but maybe it's because I'm getting older.
lipripper likes this.
Old 04-09-18, 01:21 PM

Founding Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiser View Post
Impressive. You're way stronger than most of the juiced up guys on this board.
That's because he is all juiced up! lol Lip went to the dark side with AAS just like B did with guns!
chuckz28, lipripper and Keiser like this.
Old 04-09-18, 01:25 PM

Superior Admiral
Wack.. Shit form

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
lipripper likes this.
Old 04-09-18, 01:26 PM

Superior Admiral
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncer View Post
good shit rip. personally i would not work back down with the lighter weight. just do your warm up sets like you did and work up to your heaviest. no need to pyramid and go back down with low weight.
It gives me a crazy good pump though bro..love working for the pump
Old 04-09-18, 01:27 PM

Superior Admiral
Just fucking with you!! stay safe

lipripper likes this.
Old 04-09-18, 01:27 PM

Superior Admiral
Quote:
Originally Posted by lipripper View Post
It gives me a crazy good pump though bro..love working for the pump
Deload days for pumps.. domt listen to B

Old 04-09-18, 01:31 PM

Superior Admiral
Quote:
yea agree with rado. rip i'm telling you, you are going to get injured bro. you aren't listening to what I told you about deca. it makes you crazy strong but it does not protect you from injury.

it's cool that you are getting stronger and I know that feels great but you get a major injury at your age it's all over bro. not trying to piss on the party, just be careful.

ask beast what a major pec injury will do to you.
I'm only doing 125 of deca, bro, just for the joint relief, I cant believe that little amount is gonna make me strong. but what it has done for me is allow my hands to grip them dumbells like I need to. that's what was holding me back, the pain of trying to hold the dumbells.I couldn't control them with the arthritis. Ive been working with the 90s and 95s for a while now. I'm very comfortable doing higher sets with the 90s in the 10 12 range x 3 easy.. and because of that, I felt if I can do that and was comfortable with it, Id be good on short sets with the 100's
redback likes this.
Old 04-09-18, 01:33 PM

Superior Admiral
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadd77 View Post
Good stuff Lip! Like everyone else said just be careful.

I go up to 125 but haven't gone over. The next jump is 135. Sure I could do them but that little voice in the back of my head tells me not to! lol I never listened to the voice before but maybe it's because I'm getting older.
I totally get that little voice bro..I do listen to him a lot and I don't do anything I'm not very comfortable with..
Old 04-09-18, 01:34 PM

Administrator
that's exactly what it does. deca masks underlieing issues. any injuries are still there. it's not repaired. so what will happen is you wont't feel those injuries until something fails ie joint destruction, tendon tear, muscle tear etc..
Old 04-09-18, 01:39 PM

Superior Admiral
Quote:
that's exactly what it does. deca masks underlieing issues. any injuries are still there. it's not repaired. so what will happen is you wont't feel those injuries until something fails ie joint destruction, tendon tear, muscle tear etc..
oh, I get that bro, but If something was wrong Id know it. I know its not fixing that arthritis in my hands but its allowing me to use my hands again, you have no clue how much it sucks not to be able to hold a damn tooth brush with out it hurting. My biggest thing I have to worry about is my tendons coming off my elbows, If you remember Ive partially torn them from the bone before. that's what I have to really watch..
Old 04-09-18, 01:51 PM

Administrator
Quote:
oh, I get that bro, but If something was wrong Id know it. I know its not fixing that arthritis in my hands but its allowing me to use my hands again, you have no clue how much it sucks not to be able to hold a damn tooth brush with out it hurting. My biggest thing I have to worry about is my tendons coming off my elbows, If you remember Ive partially torn them from the bone before. that's what I have to really watch..
you are wrong thinking you will always have a warning sign before an injury. they can come out of nowhere bro.
Old 04-09-18, 01:52 PM

Superior Admiral
Quote:
you are wrong thinking you will always have a warning sign before an injury. they can come out of nowhere bro.
I never said that, and I agree 100%
Old 04-09-18, 01:54 PM

Administrator
you said if something was wrong you would know it. that's what i was referring to. sometimes there are no signs until it's too late.
Old 04-09-18, 01:59 PM

Superior Admiral
Quote:
you said if something was wrong you would know it. that's what i was referring to. sometimes there are no signs until it's too late.
oh I agree when shit happens its gonna happen. I get that bro, What I'm saying is my hands able to grab shit and hold on, the arthritis takes that ability away form you. imagine grabbing a bag of potato chips..grabbing both sides of the bag at the top along the seem, and trying to pull it apart to open it.. imagine not having the strength in your hands to do such a simple thing.. that's how bad that shit gets, when you cant hold onto something, you cant use it. you cant turn a screw driver..hold and swing a hammer.. That's what the real low dose of deca has allowed me to do again..use my hands. lol...im gonna use them as long as I can too!
Old 04-09-18, 03:51 PM

Good stuff! I worked my way up to 90lb DBs. My joints felt like they were going to pop. I am definitely limited more by the strength of my joints than the muscles themselves. I stay in the 75-80lb range these days and just increase reps or sets if needed. But the PR at 90lbs sure felt good to accomplish.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Old 04-09-18, 10:46 PM

Superior Pro
Who all here has ripped their Pec muscle? Bouncer, Rado, and Beast? And did all 3 of you do it with dumbell press? I also go pretty heavy with dumbell press (85-95lb) and need to take this into consideration.
Old 04-09-18, 11:05 PM

Administrator
Quote:
Who all here has ripped their Pec muscle? Bouncer, Rado, and Beast? And did all 3 of you do it with dumbell press? I also go pretty heavy with dumbell press (85-95lb) and need to take this into consideration.
i haven't ripped anything. i'm just warning rip on his specific case of having a bunch of injuries being masked be decas anti inflammatory effects and lubrication.
Old 04-10-18, 04:25 AM

Founding Member
Quote:
Stop being negative dickhead. He's doing great and you gotta try to pull something negative out of every situation.
lipripper likes this.
Old 04-10-18, 06:00 AM

Superior Admiral
Quote:
Originally Posted by redback View Post
Stop being negative dickhead. He's doing great and you gotta try to pull something negative out of every situation.
LOL I get where B is coming from, but the whole point of me trying a real low dose of DECA was for the arthritis relief, and its working well. I was limited in what I could do because of my hands being so bad with it. It helps alot! Does it fix the issue..no.. I get it but as long as I can use my hands like I should and always did because of the relief it provides I'm going to.

On the other hand B is waiting in the shadows for me to twist an ankle or break a fucking toenail so he can say..see you dumb fuck...I told you so..
redback likes this.
Old 04-10-18, 06:50 AM

Founding Member
Quote:
He's just pissed because he's still stuck at the plastic dumbbell section at his gym.
redback and lipripper like this.
Old 04-10-18, 09:36 AM

Administrator
Quote:
LOL I get where B is coming from, but the whole point of me trying a real low dose of DECA was for the arthritis relief, and its working well. I was limited in what I could do because of my hands being so bad with it. It helps alot! Does it fix the issue..no.. I get it but as long as I can use my hands like I should and always did because of the relief it provides I'm going to.

On the other hand B is waiting in the shadows for me to twist an ankle or break a fucking toenail so he can say..see you dumb fuck...I told you so..
Bro what do you think is happening with that arthritis while you push heavier and heavier? You are doing more damage. Deca is masking the pain and it does a good job of that but the main thing I warned you about is pushing too hard once you feel better. Your gonna come back to this thread in 6 months and say "fuck bouncer was right, now I can't lift at all. "

I'm not a follower, never have been. I'm not going to join everyone else and be your cheerleader when I know my southern swamper buddy is fucking himself up.
Old 04-10-18, 09:43 AM

Superior Admiral
Quote:
Bro what do you think is happening with that arthritis while you push heavier and heavier? You are doing more damage. Deca is masking the pain and it does a good job of that but the main thing I warned you about is pushing too hard once you feel better. Your gonna come back to this thread in 6 months and say "fuck bouncer was right, now I can't lift at all. "

I'm not a follower, never have been. I'm not going to join everyone else and be your cheerleader when I know my southern swamper buddy is fucking himself up.
I hear ya bro...sad part is I was to that point prior to it...
Old 04-10-18, 10:13 AM

Administrator
Quote:
I hear ya bro...sad part is I was to that point prior to it...
so why not enjoy your new pain free life and enjoy the gym without trying to push the weight up and up. we talked about this well before you started and you agreed it would be stupid to push and harm yourself. go to the gym, train for the pump, train hard. but do not at 50 some years old with major arthritis keep trying to push the weight simply because you are feeling better for the first times in years. you will get to a point where it's so bad the deca wont help bro. please listen to me. what you gonna do if you can't lift or even hunt in 6 months to a year because of what your doing in the gym now?
lipripper likes this.
Old 04-10-18, 10:29 AM

Superior Admiral
Quote:
so why not enjoy your new pain free life and enjoy the gym without trying to push the weight up and up. we talked about this well before you started and you agreed it would be stupid to push and harm yourself. go to the gym, train for the pump, train hard. but do not at 50 some years old with major arthritis keep trying to push the weight simply because you are feeling better for the first times in years. you will get to a point where it's so bad the deca wont help bro. please listen to me. what you gonna do if you can't lift or even hunt in 6 months to a year because of what your doing in the gym now?
I agree with all your saying.. But I'm not pushing it further and further every time I'm in the gym. Ive had a goal all along I'm almost there its a long slow road, I'm in no rush. That don't mean I do heavy every time I'm in the gym. I go heavy once a month or so when I feel good and confident. having said that I'm not just gonna fall into a rut and not challenge myself either. I'm not that kinda person. When I first started It took me years to decide on this..remember? I'm cautious and trying to go about it smart, research inquire and learn, then if it seems right for me Ill give it a go. I'm not Traps..LOLO. Jumping all in and fucking my self up..

if I do 50 lb. dumbbells 25 lb dumbbells or 75 dumbbells, the pain I felt was the same from the arthritis. It didn't matter on the weight it was about the grip. When pushing the weight is in the palm of the hand not on the joints/ knuckles of the fingers. that's where the arthritis is. I couldn't close my hand and grip anything, from a tooth brush a screw driver or a dumbbell, it didn't matter. now I can.

now, IMO where the weight does make a big difference in my hand grip is say, shrugs...I used to do 110s easy before the arthritis kicked in..now even with the deca helping I don't/ wont go over
80s and on some days I feel that and wont do it. I'm being smart about what I'm doing, I'm not looking to go all out and fuck myself up by no means. I get and understand what your saying. I agree with what your saying, but I'm not gonna just go to the gym and look like I'm working. I'm gonna work within my means I'm comfortable in. Like chadd said, that little voice...I listen to it.
Old 04-10-18, 04:55 PM

Superior Pro
Bouncer I remember a thread where you said you tore your pec and therefore couldn’t compete in an upcoming show due to this. Rado probably remembers too.
Old 04-10-18, 05:00 PM

Administrator
Quote:
Bouncer I remember a thread where you said you tore your pec and therefore couldnít compete in an upcoming show due to this. Rado probably remembers too.
bro your talking about some shit 15 years ago or something when i said i was 300lbs shredded and posting pics of pro bodybuilders. wake up homey. i made up all that bullshit as a kid to get sources back when boards weren't open like they are now. i never tore anything and i was never going to compete in anything.
Old 04-10-18, 06:21 PM

Superior Pro
Ok makes sense.

What exercise was rado and beast doing when they tore their pecs? And what is the biggest risk factor? Too heavy weight? Lack of warmup? Low flexibility? Dehydration? Dumbbell vs barbell?
Old 04-10-18, 06:24 PM

Administrator
Quote:
Ok makes sense.

What exercise was rado and beast doing when they tore their pecs? And what is the biggest risk factor? Too heavy weight? Lack of warmup? Low flexibility? Dehydration? Dumbbell vs barbell?
Not sure about Rado but beast was warming up I think. Not even going heavy. I think he has muscle tear plus tendon.
Old 04-10-18, 07:13 PM

Founding Member
I was benching with 225lbs barbell. It was feeling very light so I was doing negatives at my third set 8th rep pec just tore like a piece of fabric and the tendon popped from the humorous within milliseconds.
First I though I tore my shirt because sound was exactly the same but the pop and the immediate pain said...YOU ARE FUCKED! Lol.

Currently I do not to more than 75lbs incline presses.
And 135 max bench press.
I do 4 sets 15-20 reps on both exercises.
Old 04-10-18, 07:19 PM
Been working towards 100lb dumbells

Founding Member
Lip you need chill with those 100s brah! With those monkey arms of yours, you have to push a mile to get that weight up. Lol.
No need to impress anyone on the board or the gym.
In fact I dare you to pick up the 75s and four sets of 20 reps and letís see how strong you are.
lipripper likes this.
Old 04-10-18, 07:44 PM

Founding Member
Lip, I bet you can't do the 105 pound dumbbells you pussy! lol
lipripper likes this.
Old 04-10-18, 07:52 PM

Superior Pro
Lip is like that cool grandpa u never had

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
Scrumhalf and lipripper like this.
Old 04-10-18, 11:04 PM

Founding Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAST View Post
I was benching with 225lbs barbell. It was feeling very light so I was doing negatives at my third set 8th rep pec just tore like a piece of fabric and the tendon popped from the humorous within milliseconds.
First I though I tore my shirt because sound was exactly the same but the pop and the immediate pain said...YOU ARE FUCKED! Lol.

Currently I do not to more than 75lbs incline presses.
And 135 max bench press.
I do 4 sets 15-20 reps on both exercises.
Just curious, were you cycling heavy at the time?
Old 04-11-18, 05:35 AM

Founding Member
Yea I ripped mine doing flat bench. I was doing 315lbs and on my 7th rep, I ripped bad.
Old 04-11-18, 05:38 AM

Founding Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by rado View Post
Yea I ripped mine doing flat bench. I was doing 315lbs and on my 7th rep, I ripped bad.
I did something similar. How long did you have off training?
Old 04-11-18, 05:56 AM

Founding Member
Quote:
I did something similar. How long did you have off training?
10 months before I could even do just the bar.

Now I'm back to repping 315lbs for ten...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 04-11-18, 05:58 AM

Founding Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by rado View Post
10 months before I could even do just the bar.

Now I'm back to repping 315lbs for ten...

Yep thats when everything went to shit for me. It took me about two years to recover. i think i posted it here when it happened.
Old 04-11-18, 05:59 AM

Founding Member
But lets not be negative guys...Rip you go hard brother
BEAST, lipripper and rado like this.
Old 04-11-18, 06:05 AM

Founding Member
Quote:
But lets not be negative guys...Rip you go hard brother
Exactly...

Old 04-11-18, 08:39 AM

Superior Admiral
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAST View Post
Lip you need chill with those 100s brah! With those monkey arms of yours, you have to push a mile to get that weight up. Lol.
No need to impress anyone on the board or the gym.
In fact I dare you to pick up the 75s and four sets of 20 reps and letís see how strong you are.
with the 75s I can get 3 sets of 15s never tried 4. or sets of 20 the tank runs out at 15..LOL And yea I gotta push that shit a long way, not like most of these short midiget fucks around here..
redback likes this.
Old 04-11-18, 08:41 AM

Superior Admiral
Quote:
Originally Posted by Androman View Post
Lip is like that cool grandpa u never had

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
hey fucker, no gray hair on my balls......I keep um shaved
Old 04-11-18, 08:50 AM

Superior Admiral
I don't fuck with the bar too much, that shit makes my elbows where Ive torn the tendon hurt if I get over a couple sets of reps with 205 lbs on it. Up to 185 I don't feel it too much but in my head I think I'm straining it.. When I do hit the Bar I normally do it on a smith machine. It don't hurt that tendon then. That's why I mostly do dumbbells. It don't strain that tendon at all, well at least I never really feel it.

On incline dumbbells I go to 55lbs with them do sets of 15. Also I am too fucking old to impress anyone in the gym men. I just have set goals like all of you have, or have had at some point. I gotta challenge myself within reason, or whats the fucking sense of doing anything? so shut up or man the fuck up bitches!!!

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0