SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums
Register Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums > Superior Fitness Section > Training
Reload this Page Blisters/Calluses best practices for working through them

Training Training Styles & Techniques Discussion

rado
Old 11-22-18, 08:18 AM
Blisters/Calluses best practices for working through them

Founding Member
The ones on my hand, I can deal with and more appropriate gear is made for those types of issues, but nothing for the feet!?!?

This was last night; it is beyond destroyed. It hasn't healed in probably a good 6 months. I've used all sorts of shit but it swells up and bursts.

Trust me, it is painful at this stage. It like bubbles up with coagulated blood and poof!

I run about 25 miles a week, which does not help its recovery. The days I don't run, it heals up decently.

But not ready to take a whole month off of running, fuck that.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
is Online   Reply With Quote
Bouncer
Old 11-22-18, 10:16 AM

Administrator
Nothing to talk about this if your not willing to rest it. Hopefully it gets infinitely worse. Good day

Sent from my Moto G6 using Tapatalk
Scrumhalf
Old 11-22-18, 12:44 PM

Something's wrong with the fit of your shoe to cause this. I would go to a good running store and get fitted, or switch models or brands. Also, talk to the store people about getting sock liners. They may help reduce the chafing.
boricuarage79
Old 11-22-18, 02:21 PM

Superior Admiral
Originally Posted by Bouncer View Post
Nothing to talk about this if your not willing to rest it. Hopefully it gets infinitely worse. Good day

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 11-22-18, 08:19 PM

Founding Member
Originally Posted by Scrumhalf View Post
Something's wrong with the fit of your shoe to cause this. I would go to a good running store and get fitted, or switch models or brands. Also, talk to the store people about getting sock liners. They may help reduce the chafing.
Been using same shoe/brand for 5yrs now scrum, then what gives.

It's never been or gotten this bad.

If I ever had a blister, it would be from new dress shoes.

I have changed my socks now that I think of it lol

I went from a "no show" to a "micro sock" ...no wonder😜🤓
rado
Old 11-22-18, 08:20 PM

Founding Member

I think I figured it out; it is the socks....I'm pretty sure of this
Bouncer
Old 11-23-18, 07:24 AM

Administrator
the fuck is a micro sock? you fucken dandy you. i bet your preworkout routine involves hanging out in Starbucks for an hour prior. my socks come from target and i don't have any blisters. you fo fo mother fucker you! you'd have a manbun if you weren't a bald fuck.
rado
Old 11-23-18, 08:06 AM

Founding Member
the fuck is a micro sock? you fucken dandy you. i bet your preworkout routine involves hanging out in Starbucks for an hour prior. my socks come from target and i don't have any blisters. you fo fo mother fucker you! you'd have a manbun if you weren't a bald fuck.
It's for people who run, mostly.

I've seen your fucking red condom shoes bro...I'd rather wear a fucking rainbow thong before you'd catch me with those ugly fucking things.

rado
Old 11-23-18, 08:07 AM

Founding Member
Starbucks sucks....I actually go to my coffeehouse who roasts their beans ED before the gym; bitch!

lipripper
Old 11-28-18, 12:29 PM

Superior Admiral
Rado...get some moleskin....we used it in the army for years for blisters on feet ankles etc. I've done literally hundreds of miles with full loaded rucks on my back and no skin on my heals by using mole skin.

If your not familiar with it..it's like a thick felt with a sticky side. You cut a hole big enough for blisters in middle the stick the rest of it to your foot like a big patch. It'll allow you to work thru with the blisters easy bro as well as let them heal

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
rado
Old 11-28-18, 07:31 PM

Founding Member
Originally Posted by lipripper View Post
Rado...get some moleskin....we used it in the army for years for blisters on feet ankles etc. I've done literally hundreds of miles with full loaded rucks on my back and no skin on my heals by using mole skin.

If your not familiar with it..it's like a thick felt with a sticky side. You cut a hole big enough for blisters in middle the stick the rest of it to your foot like a big patch. It'll allow you to work thru with the blisters easy bro as well as let them heal

I have heard of that lip. As a matter of fact, from military people as well. I will check it out. Right now, I'm still just taping and bandaging it up for now.
lipripper
Old 11-29-18, 04:29 AM

Superior Admiral
Trust me bro...just go to a pharmacy store or they probably got the shit in Walmart...you'll be like..fuck...shoulda done this a long time ago...
Quote:
Originally Posted by rado View Post
I have heard of that lip. As a matter of fact, from military people as well. I will check it out. Right now, I'm still just taping and bandaging it up for now.
A$AP
Old 12-03-18, 07:47 PM

Superior Pro
Originally Posted by lipripper View Post

Rip with some solid advice. Never heard of the stuff