SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums
Register Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums > Superior Fitness Section > Women's Health & Fitness
Reload this Page Surprise, I joined the gym again!

Women's Health & Fitness Diet, Training, Supplements, & Drug Discussion

Like Tree27Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-30-15, 08:47 AM
Surprise, I joined the gym again!

Founding Member
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I'm actually really excited about it. It's a damn shame how long I've been away from the gym.

I joined a new LA Fitness they are building. While it's in construction, I will go to one a little farther away. LAF is new to my area, so I'm glad they are finally here. I loved the last one I went to. I *finally* feel I'm at a place in life where I can find/make time to actually go and not feel like it's a chore or I hate it. :thumb:
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-15, 08:52 AM

Administrator
Good stuff. LA Fitness is great. Everywhere I move to has one right down the street. I've probably been to 30 different ones in like 4 states.
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-15, 09:16 AM

Founding Member
Were you doing any home workouts or did you just take a break from it all?
Old 03-30-15, 01:50 PM

Founding Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadd77 View Post
Were you doing any home workouts or did you just take a break from it all?

I haven't been legitimately committed to the gym in like 5+ years! I always watch my weight, what I eat, etc, but haven't been working out.
Old 03-30-15, 02:11 PM

Administrator
Have you worked out yet? You gonna be sore as fuck.
Old 03-30-15, 02:12 PM

Founding Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncer View Post
Have you worked out yet? You gonna be sore as fuck.

No, today I just did an hour of cardio. I wanted to scope the place out first. :laugh:
Old 03-30-15, 02:15 PM

Administrator
LoL Scope it out.

I dare you to train legs for like 2 hours on your first workout.

Tell us how sitting on the toilet for the next week feels. You kinda have to fall on it.
henry likes this.
Old 03-30-15, 05:59 PM

I'm thinking about joining LA Fitness myself! My gym keeps closing earlier and earlier, it's getting annoying because I go at night. LA Fitness is only like 30 seconds away from my house too!
Old 03-30-15, 07:28 PM

Founding Member
Congrats and about time get into working out at 5am if you can. I feel SOOOOO much better as a person when I do. But you're back into it, so that's a start
Old 03-30-15, 08:01 PM

Founding Member
24hr fitness for me. I've been a member at LA fitness before and they all lack some important shit. Done with them.
Old 03-30-15, 08:06 PM

Administrator
Like what beast?
Old 03-30-15, 10:15 PM

Founding Member
Quote:
Like what beast?
There are four of them within a few square miles around me and the biggest one is nice but it's a cluster fuck. It's near the Costco and it's busy as Costco. Lol.
Next one is near universal studios and that's missing some leg machines, one nearest to me is just small and old. Didn't have couple of the chest machines I wanted to use and the last one is around the corner from that used to be bally total fitnes and that one is a complete shit hole.
Old 03-31-15, 06:52 AM

Administrator
LA Fitness and Costco right next door to each other. Shit, sounds like fucken heaven to me! That's where I'll be!

Beast you just wanna workout in a quite older folks gym.
henry likes this.
Old 03-31-15, 08:01 AM

Founding Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankTheTank55 View Post
I'm thinking about joining LA Fitness myself! My gym keeps closing earlier and earlier, it's getting annoying because I go at night. LA Fitness is only like 30 seconds away from my house too!

I think all of our locations close at 11pm. You go at like midnight or something weird don't you?
Old 03-31-15, 08:02 AM

Founding Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by rado View Post
Congrats and about time get into working out at 5am if you can. I feel SOOOOO much better as a person when I do. But you're back into it, so that's a start

I used to go early like that, but never ever had the same strength as I do later in the day. I agree you feel great leaving the gym starting your day, but damn it's tough and just doesn't feel the same.
Chadd77 likes this.
Old 03-31-15, 08:09 AM

Founding Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FitnessBrat View Post
I used to go early like that, but never ever had the same strength as I do later in the day. I agree you feel great leaving the gym starting your day, but damn it's tough and just doesn't feel the same.
I agree. Exactly the same for me. During the week I go right after work and I always feel great. If I have to go on the weekends it is usually first thing in the morning and my intensity and weights are down.
TKD
Old 03-31-15, 08:23 AM

Superior Pro
I was always a morning person. Scheduled extra time to get warmed/wake up. Felt like I had way more mental energy through the day. Also by the time I was done with work all I want to do is go home and relax.
Old 03-31-15, 08:32 AM

Quote:
I think all of our locations close at 11pm. You go at like midnight or something weird don't you?
I've been going around 9:30pm lately. I'm gonna go down and check it out this week.
Old 03-31-15, 08:50 AM

Founding Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKD View Post
I was always a morning person. Scheduled extra time to get warmed/wake up. Felt like I had way more mental energy through the day. Also by the time I was done with work all I want to do is go home and relax.

That's the ultimate struggle with working a regular 9-5 and then taking the time to get to the gym. Either a) you're tired, or b) you feel guilty taking the time away from family. :(
Old 03-31-15, 03:51 PM

Founding Member
Quote:
It's really the only way I can get stuff done. Once or twice a week I go in the mid afternoon. But I get up at 445 and we start at 530 lol
Old 04-01-15, 04:28 AM

Administrator
FB what did you pay for the LA membership?

Mine is $25 a month for the multi club membership. I think it was $150 up front though. I joined up years ago so i'm interested in knowing if the price has gone up or down since then. When I joined there was a price difference between the "multi club" membership and the local only membership. I think that one was like $50 down and $20 a month. Moving from state to state as much as I do I knew I would need the multi club and it has been super convenient for me.

You really couldn't have joined a better club IMO. I have the exact opposite experience from beast. Every LA Fitness I've ever been to has always been kept in great shape with all equipment always maintained. Doesn't matter what state I'm in it always seems like there is a brand new LA Fitness right down the street.
Old 04-01-15, 07:16 AM

Founding Member
I pay $29.95 a month. I refused to join until they lowered the monthly fee and the enrollment fee because I know that's how that club works. My friend pays like $34.95 a month and paid like $100 enrollment fee. They will take what they can get. My membership is for access to all the locations in FL. The one I belonged to in VA was definitely bigger/nicer than the one I'm at now, but the new one opens in the summer and it will be just like the VA one.

You really don't need access to ones outside of the state unless you're planning on traveling. If you move, then just start over since there is no contract.

I'm all about a fitness club over a rusty gym. I like knowing the equipment is going to be maintained, the locker room is clean, and I love the sauna. We have a lot of $10 a month gyms, but I'd rather pay more and have nice stuff and better clientele. :laugh:
Old 04-01-15, 11:15 PM

Administrator
Quote:

You really don't need access to ones outside of the state unless you're planning on traveling. If you move, then just start over since there is no contract.
I disagree with that. I would hate to go through that whole cancel and register process every-time I move. It's so nice to just walk into any club in any state with my head phones on and workout. It's just one less hassle in that busy process of moving.
Old 04-02-15, 02:11 PM

Founding Member
Quote:
I disagree with that. I would hate to go through that whole cancel and register process every-time I move. It's so nice to just walk into any club in any state with my head phones on and workout. It's just one less hassle in that busy process of moving.

Okay, well I didn't realize you planned on moving that often, lol. I'd rather pay less a month.
Old 04-02-15, 10:59 PM

Administrator
Quote:
Okay, well I didn't realize you planned on moving that often, lol. I'd rather pay less a month.
I've lived in 3 states since I joined.
Old 04-04-15, 09:06 AM

Administrator
Bump this. Have you lifted a weight yet?
Old 04-04-15, 10:25 AM

Founding Member
No, I just did cardio all week. Next week I'll venture over to the weights :thumb:
Old 05-11-15, 12:12 AM

Superior Pro
progress pics!
redback likes this.
Old 05-29-15, 12:10 PM

Administrator
Bump, been back since original post? :cheese:
Old 05-29-15, 02:18 PM

Superior Pro
need a spot? good for you girl
Old 05-30-15, 09:56 AM

Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack tors View Post
need a spot? good for you girl
she went the first week did some cardio and never went back. never even made it to the weights. 100% guaranteed. shame. lost her drive, old gal just doesn't have it anymore.
Old 06-02-15, 07:01 AM

Superior Pro
Quote:
she went the first week did some cardio and never went back. never even made it to the weights. 100% guaranteed. shame. lost her drive, old gal just doesn't have it anymore.
you have a talent at calling ppl out its hilarious
Old 06-02-15, 11:29 AM

Founding Member
I wouldn't call him talented (although he does know us well), but he is fairly right and I'm not afraid to admit that!

I have been so busy I just haven't even thought about the gym in the last month. Between studying for state boards, taking a summer class (online was a terrible decision), applying for continuing education, getting my daughter prepared for college, remodeling our house, and on and on - I am exhausted. I need a vacation!

I'll post a picture to hold myself accountable (and trust me, I love that you guys keep me accountable too!). My daughter asked me what I was wearing somewhere the other day, and I texted her this picture as a joke because it is a SHIRT. Yes, I need tighter quads, defined calves, better arms, a tummy tuck and a lot of cardio - but I'm accomplishing a lot of goals right now and (raising two wonderful children), so the flab will just have to wait yet another day.
jack tors, MattG and TKD like this.
Old 06-02-15, 11:35 AM

Founding Member
Still a pretty woman, keep doing your thing. Bouncer has no fucking clue about living life as a parent and what it takes to be a good role model. Mad respect for those who maintain a good life and balancing other things to go along.

You've always looked great and you know this.
FitnessBrat likes this.
Old 06-02-15, 11:37 AM

Founding Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by rado View Post
Still a pretty woman, keep doing your thing. Bouncer has no fucking clue about living life as a parent and what it takes to be a good role model. Mad respect for those who maintain a good life and balancing other things to go along.

You've always looked great and you know this.

Thanks dear :inlove:
Old 06-02-15, 12:22 PM

Administrator
105 lbs at best. Time to get on some mass gainer 3000
FitnessBrat and rado like this.
Old 06-02-15, 12:28 PM

Founding Member
Look beautiful fb. And I understand the busy family life so props for keeping yourself looking good!
FitnessBrat likes this.
Old 06-02-15, 12:40 PM

Founding Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadd77 View Post
Look beautiful fb. And I understand the busy family life so props for keeping yourself looking good!

Thanks Chadd, I appreciate that :swoon:
blm
Old 06-02-15, 12:42 PM

Founding Member
Well said, rado. Couldn't agree more. Being a parent is hard work. Being a single parent is ridiculously hard work.
FitnessBrat and rado like this.
Old 06-02-15, 02:01 PM

You look great, FB! Sending your daughter off to college, studying and getting into a new career while raising two kids single handedly, wow I'll say you are doing great!
FitnessBrat likes this.
TKD
Old 06-02-15, 02:17 PM

Superior Pro
Schwing
FitnessBrat likes this.
Old 06-02-15, 03:03 PM

Superior Pro
Wow FB, thats the first picture i ever saw of you, was wondering what you looked like.lol. look great! I'd never guess you had a college age daughter if you wouldnt have said so. Dont look a day over 30 years old
FitnessBrat likes this.
Old 06-02-15, 03:49 PM

Administrator
Stop pumping her ego. She's cocky.
Old 06-02-15, 06:57 PM

Founding Member
Quote:
You crack me up bro lol....love ya kid
Old 06-02-15, 07:19 PM

Superior Amateur
Nice! :grin: always wondered what you looked like.
FitnessBrat likes this.
Old 06-04-15, 05:30 PM

Founding Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by blm View Post
Well said, rado. Couldn't agree more. Being a parent is hard work. Being a single parent is ridiculously hard work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrumhalf View Post
You look great, FB! Sending your daughter off to college, studying and getting into a new career while raising two kids single handedly, wow I'll say you are doing great!

Thanks guys. Fortunately, I do have someone that is very generous and supportive of me and my kids, so I'm extremely thankful for that. It's tough trying to parent with an enemy, but hopefully my kids will come out fairly unscathed!
Old 06-04-15, 05:31 PM

Founding Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattG View Post
Wow FB, thats the first picture i ever saw of you, was wondering what you looked like.lol. look great! I'd never guess you had a college age daughter if you wouldnt have said so. Dont look a day over 30 years old
Thanks Matt!! :heart:
Old 06-04-15, 05:32 PM

Founding Member
Quote:

Don't worry, we'll get back to the regularly scheduled program - all about you. ;)
Old 06-05-15, 07:04 AM

Superior Pro
looking good mama
FitnessBrat likes this.
Old 06-05-15, 07:42 AM

Founding Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack tors View Post
looking good mama

Thanks Jack!