Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best experiences with Long Distance events?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best experiences with Long Distance events?

Do any of you guys have any good experiences with a certain steroid that helped improved your long distance race/run? Please lmk

Originally posted by RunJoaquin View Post
    Do any of you guys have any good experiences with a certain steroid that helped improved your long distance race/run? Please lmk
    steroids generally aren't very helpful for long distance type events. unless of course you have an issue like low test levels or something like that then using test @ hrt levels would probably do you some good. low dose GH would probably help long term.

i believe you asked about EPO before correct? how did that go?

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post

steroids generally aren't very helpful for long distance type events. unless of course you have an issue like low test levels or something like that then using test @ hrt levels would probably do you some good. low dose GH would probably help long term.

i believe you asked about EPO before correct? how did that go?
      Would EQ help?

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AvidFisherman View Post
        Would EQ help?

because of the red blood cell thing? i see where you're going. i guess it's possible. but we know that all steroids increase red blood cells on some level yet most steroids have negative cardiovascular effects on some level. so i'm not sure where the line is. it's possible that eq has a positive effect on red blood cell count so much so that it counters the negative cardiovascular effect.

when we think of long long distance endurance athletes like the Olympics and cycling. what have the athletes in those sports been caught using? Lance Armstrong for example. do we know the compounds?

Comment

I was just thinking that people give it to horses to make them run faster, maybe it does the same to a human?

Comment

Originally posted by AvidFisherman View Post
            I was just thinking that people give it to horses to make them run faster, maybe it does the same to a human?

yea i hear ya but I don't think EQ is big in human endurance athletes. you never hear much about it being caught in Olympic athletes, cyclists etc... here is a little article on what Armstrong was accused/caught taking...

-------------------

what follows are drugs USADA has accused Armstrong of taking (below, is the abridged rundown taken from the agency’s official charges [PDF]). USADA’s allegations are based on testimony the agency took from eyewitnesses — members of Armstrong’s USPS and Discovery Channel cycling teams who say they saw Armstrong taking the drugs or in possession of them, or were in some cases allegedly given the banned performance enhancers by Armstrong or doctors working with the teams:

Erythropoietin (EPO), also known as “E,” “Po,” “Edgar” or “Edgar Allen Poe,” among other names. EPO is used by athletes to increase the number of red blood cells in their circulatory system which are available to carry oxygen. … Even after the EPO urine test was developed and implemented in sport in late 2000 EPO was difficult to detect and the Respondents [Armstrong, a team director, team captain and team doctors] implemented a number of means to avoid detection of EPO use, including: micro-dosing (i.e., using smaller amounts of EPO to reduce the clearance time of the drug), intravenous injections (i.e., injecting the drug directly into the vein rather than subcutaneously to reduce clearance time), saline, plasma or glycerol infusions (described below) and various effort to avoid testing by drug testers at times that EPO might still be detectable in the riders’ urine. … Multiple riders with firsthand knowledge will testify that between 1998 and 2005 Armstrong personally used EPO and on multiple occasions distributed EPO to other riders.

Blood transfusions (a/k/a “blood doping”). Blood transfusions generally involve the extraction of an athlete’s own blood pre-competition and re-infusion of that blood shortly before or during competition (e.g., in the evening or on a rest day in a multistage race) to increase the athlete’s oxygen carrying red blood cells. By increasing the number of circulating red blood cells, transfusions increase the oxygen carrying capacity of the blood and enhance endurance and recovery. No effective anti-doping test has yet been implemented to detect autologous transfusions (i.e., transfusions of an athlete’s own blood). … Multiple riders will testify that during the period 2000-2005 Armstrong used blood transfusions, was observed having blood re-infused, including during the Tour de France, and had blood doping equipment at his residence.

Testosterone. Also known on the USPS and Discovery Channel cycling teams as “oil.” Testosterone is an anabolic agent and can increase muscle mass and strength. In smaller doses anabolic agents such as testosterone can promote muscle recovery from strenuous exercise and increase endurance. Andriol consists of testosterone undecanoate, a steroid which can be mixed with oil and taken orally. Taken in this way the drug can be absorbed into the lymphatic system without being transported to the liver, making the drug more effective and reducing the prospect of liver damage. Multiple riders who competed on the USPS and Discovery Channel teams from 1998 through 2007 have reported that Dr. Ferrari [an alleged co-conspirator] developed a method of mixing testosterone (i.e., andriol) with olive oil for oral administration. … USADA has eyewitness statements from multiple sources that Lance Armstrong used testosterone and administered the testosterone-olive oil mixture to himself and other riders.

Human Growth Hormone (hGH). Human growth hormone is improperly used in sport to increase strength and lean muscle mass, to assist in weight loss and promote recovery. Multiple riders who competed on the USPS and Discovery Channel teams from 1998 through 2007 have reported to USADA that team director Johan Bruyneel, team trainer Jose Pepe Marti and team doctors Luis del Moral and Pedro Celaya provided human growth hormone to team members.

Corticosteroids (e.g., cortisone). These drugs reduce inflammation, assist in recovery and can provide a burst of energy and create a temporary feeling of increased energy and well-being. Throughout the relevant time period, corticosteroids were improperly provided to cyclists by team doctors and trainers to increase energy and enhance performance. … USADA will also rely upon firsthand testimony from witnesses who were aware of Armstrong’s use of cortisone without medical authorization.

Saline and plasma infusions. Throughout much of the relevant period the UCI [Union Cycliste International] employed a blood monitoring program and would not permit riders to compete if the rider’s hematocrit (i.e., percentage of mature red blood cells) exceeded 50%. To avoid exceeding the 50% hematocrit threshold and to prevent detection of the rider’s EPO use and/or blood transfusions, Respondents used the prohibited technique of saline, plasma or glycerol infusions to mask their use of prohibited substances and/or methods. … USADA will also present testimony concerning infusions given to numbers USPS riders, including Lance Armstrong.

Comment

Working...
            X