Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Female Bodybuilder Laura Bass Is Dead - Suicide

From Tonya Knight

Today is a very sad day for bodybuilders and fans all over the World. Laura Bass has been struggling with Depression for a very long time and unfortunately took her own life yesterday. Laura was one of the most kind and compassionate people I know. She nursed injured animals back to health. She was one of the most beautiful and talented IFBB PRO BODYBUILDER’s. I’m so proud to have been a friend of Laura’s. Please Pray for her loved ones and most importantly her Son. R.I.P. Sweet Laura Sending hugs and prayers to David & Maria Schupp

From Lonnie Teper

The news came from a Tonya Knight post: Laura Bass, former NPC and IFBB standout bodybuilder in the 90s, took her own life Friday at the age of 49. According to Knight, Bass had been suffering from depression for years. I became familiar with Bass in 1992 when she won the Overall at the Junior USA, and took the Heavyweight class at the Nationals the same year to earn pro status. I emceed the Ms. International (held in conjunction with the Arnold Classic) in the mid-90s and, although she didn't finish as high as she had hoped at the 1994 event, Bass was nice enough to take the time to tell me backstage how much she appreciated her introduction. As far as I know, she retired after doing the Ms. International the following year. She was very attractive and, based on that meeting backstage, was extremely nice, and humble. To Laura Bass, may you rest in peace.

She was did an Interview with Palumbo just a few years ago. Seemed totally fine at that point. Things obviously went down hill from there...

Alas, RIP :(

Comment

Working...
    X