Chris Bumstead's Sister Arrested On Steroid Charges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Bumstead's Sister Arrested On Steroid Charges

PALM CITY, Fla. (CBS12) — A professional bodybuilder and Instagram influencer from Canada is accused of receiving steroids illegally through the mail in Martin County.

The Martin County Sheriff's Office arrested 30-year-old Melissa Kate Bumstead of Palm City.

According to the arrest report, agents with Customs and Border Protection seized a package, mailed from Canada and destined for Palm City, at a facility in Memphis on Sep. 1. The manifest for the package said it contained vitamins, massage oil, and a T-shirt. A search of the package, however, revealed multiple vials and packages of factory-sealed and labeled steroids and other medication.

Homeland Security Investigations became involved and worked with the Martin County Sheriff's Office to set up a controlled delivery to a home in Palm City where Bumstead lived.

On Friday, Sept. 10, the sheriff's office said Bumstead opened the package after a detective delivered it to her home. Minutes later, investigators served a warrant to search the home

According to the arrest report, deputies recovered the controlled substances, which included Testosterone Propionate, Drostanolone Propionate, Trenbolone Acetate, Oxandrolone, Mesterolone, and Stanzolol.

Authorities said Bumstead had powder on her hands which indicated she opened the package.

Bumstead faces six counts of possession of a controlled substance without a valid prescription.

https://cbs12.com/news/local/profess...eroids-in-mail

That’s crazy lol I wonder how many vials there were and if she was specifically targeted because of being in the industry/relayed to Chris. Would they go to extreme lengths like this to nab the average Joe?

Comment

This is fucking ridiculous. A whole set up and sting operation by homeland and the sheriff's department. This cost god knows how much for the tax payers. Yea I get the steroids are illegal but this seems a bit excessive even if there were hundreds of bottles.

Comment

Damn I wonder if that will play a role on how the husband and her brother do at Olympia

Comment

Originally posted by TrapsBrah View Post
          That’s crazy lol I wonder how many vials there were and if she was specifically targeted because of being in the industry/relayed to Chris. Would they go to extreme lengths like this to nab the average Joe?
          says she had powder on her hands. if she had raws delivered she's in real trouble. that's intent to manufacture and distribute. that's a lot more serious that personal use.

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post

says she had powder on her hands. if she had raws delivered she's in real trouble. that's intent to manufacture and distribute. that's a lot more serious that personal use.
            I thought it meant the police put a powder on the items. They have a powder that shows under a black light they could have lightly dusted with and she would have it on her hands and not know

Comment

This is crazy...I can't believe they:

#1. Are in the US and still got their gear mailed from Canada..
              #2. They are literally at THE TOP and don't have a source inside the US?!?!
              #3. Cops/Feds, don't have anything else better to do then harass bodybuilders who are taking gear...not even selling it.

If she's charged with 6 felonies, she's gone for a while. First offense or not. I wonder if the cops are trying to make an example out of them or if they've pissed someone off. This just doesn't feel right. Usually if customs suspects contraband, they'll send you a letter stating just that, and give you a place, date, and time when they will open the package and your welcome to be present and claim your goods (or not). I don't think dusting it and watching for the moment she opens it is standard protocol for every suspicious package.

Comment

Originally posted by David6725 View Post

I thought it meant the police put a powder on the items. They have a powder that shows under a black light they could have lightly dusted with and she would have it on her hands and not know
                ahhh. misread that

Comment

Originally posted by Marshall1019 View Post
                  This is crazy...I can't believe they:

#1. Are in the US and still got their gear mailed from Canada..
                  #2. They are literally at THE TOP and don't have a source inside the US?!?!
                  #3. Cops/Feds, don't have anything else better to do then harass bodybuilders who are taking gear...not even selling it.

If she's charged with 6 felonies, she's gone for a while. First offense or not. I wonder if the cops are trying to make an example out of them or if they've pissed someone off. This just doesn't feel right. Usually if customs suspects contraband, they'll send you a letter stating just that, and give you a place, date, and time when they will open the package and your welcome to be present and claim your goods (or not). I don't think dusting it and watching for the moment she opens it is standard protocol for every suspicious package.
                  I’m guessing they get quite a few “suspicious” packages and they wanted to make an example of them. But I don’t know that’s just my guess. But yea it seems like a HUGE waste of manpower and resources over some steroids

Comment

Kinda dumb to put "vitamin's and massage oils" on the contents paper. That just sounds made up. Lol

Comment

It lists the weights of each item. I think the test was like 146 grams. I don't know if their weighing vial and all, or if their going off of the liquid. Either way it was a pretty good bit of gear regardless. If they would have waited probably another hour to search, they would have no doubt gotten Ian and Chris also. Everyone knows that is for them. His sister may of had the Winny for her or something, but that was the boys gear right there. Crazy man. And to think Ronnie Coleman was on the police force all those years winning Mr Olympia lol. I think they saw the name and the big following that family has and wanted to make an example probably.

Comment

I only order personal amounts but I have anxiety. I will get the package and let it sit for a few days before I open it.

Comment

Originally posted by AvidFisherman View Post
                          I only order personal amounts but I have anxiety. I will get the package and let it sit for a few days before I open it.
                          gay

Comment

Kinda dumb to put "vitamin's and massage oils" on the contents paper. That just sounds made up. Lol
                            When I ordered research Chems/gear from Canada and other stuff it says the exact contents in the box outside on the label: 1p-lsd, testosterone e, ghrp growth hormone, etc. so when I got it and it cleared I was shocked if made it through without issues. Since some substances can fall under analogue act and still be schedule I or II.

Comment

gay
                              Lol. When I used to order from Jintani in 2015/2016 it would come from China and mailman would never leve it if I wasn’t home so half the time I would have to go to post office to pick it up lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X