Bostin Loyd Dead at 29

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bostin Loyd Dead at 29

Dropped dead in his kitchen after coming home from the gym. Had kidney failure but this sounds more like a heart attack. Will update as info becomes available.

Bodybuilding is a wretched business, an infernal hive of scum and villainy, to quote Obi-wan. The self-appointed gurus, shysters, and snake-oil salesmen have destroyed it. Yes, Loyd was ultimately responsible for what he put into his body, but there were plenty of collaborators whispering in his ear and egging him on

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
      Bodybuilding is a wretched business, an infernal hive of scum and villainy, to quote Obi-wan. The self-appointed gurus, shysters, and snake-oil salesmen have destroyed it. Yes, Loyd was ultimately responsible for what he put into his body, but there were plenty of collaborators whispering in his ear and egging him on
      well said fully agree.

Comment

Sad as fuck.

Comment

RIP fellow brother in Iron.

Comment

Unbelievable gotta feel for his wife and little kid. It was confirmed today via the autopsy that his artery in his heart ruptured. Scrum you can probably elaborate on this more. Was it the high blood pressure over an extended period of time he posted on Facebook he would be 200/100 at times and average for him was 170/90 or higher.

Comment

Not s medical expert by any means, but if he was having a BP baseline of 170/90 and over 200/100 at times, that's just ridiculous and I'm sure contributed heavily to his death. That kind of pressure puts a huge amount of stress on the heart and blood vessels. I don't know why he would knowingly run that way for any extended period of time. Doctors get concerned when people go over 145. In my mind, that's a reckless disregard for one's health. If it was me, I would have dropped *everything* to address the blood pressure. Reexamine occupation, lifestyle, diet, stressors, everything.

Comment

Baseline of 170 lmao. What a moron. He was a time bomb if that's true.

Comment

Working...
                X