buying filters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• buying filters?

When buying syringe filters to filter final product (fina conversion), I keep hearing that .2 um is the best for sterilizing. Does .2 um sterile the final product, and what is the difference between the membranes in the filters (PVDF, MF, PES), and which do you perfer?

.2um is the best for sterility, but it is very slow to move through the membrane. i use .45 um filters.. as seems to be the industry standard simply because anything smaller would be a waste of time IMO, any pathogens small enough to go through the .45 membrane are either sterilized via the high BA content of most tren kits, or for added safety, the baking of the final product.

Comment

.2 is the standard for lab sterility......you must first use a .45 or you will go threw 10 filters

there is a shortage of filters right now.....

Comment

Originally posted by buyb12
        .2 is the standard for lab sterility......you must first use a .45 or you will go threw 10 filters

there is a shortage of filters right now.....
        spidey says he has pushed through 100 or 200mls of oil based drugs through one .2 fliter without it clogging.

Comment

Originally posted by Nekrawulf
          .2um is the best for sterility, but it is very slow to move through the membrane. i use .45 um filters.. as seems to be the industry standard simply because anything smaller would be a waste of time IMO, any pathogens small enough to go through the .45 membrane are either sterilized via the high BA content of most tren kits, or for added safety, the baking of the final product.
          Not true.

Some types of bacteria (like staph) go into a dormant spore state when growth conditions are not optimal. These spores average about 0.3 microns in diameter and will pass through a 0.45 micron filter. Spores are some of the most hardy things on the planet. They can withstand extreme heat, cold and even harsh chemical bactereostatic agents like straight bleach. Trust me when I say the piddly little 3% to 10% BA in your mixture won't do Jack shit and they can handle heat that would decompose your gear. When the spores are deposited in an environment with adequate water, nutriuents, and temperature (like say your muscle bed), they come back to life and voila, you have a staph infection. A staph infection in your muscle bed can be extremely serious; it could lead to amputation or even death. Why are so many people willing to risk this scenareo by relying on baking, BA, and 0.45 micron filters?

I have some first hand experience with this scenareo. Last year, I made up some test prop for my best friend. Together, we baked the oil at 150 deg C (302 deg F) for an hour; we mixed up the gear with BA, BB, and sesame oil and filtered into a sterile vial with a 0.45 micron filter (We even worked in a sterile cell culture hood). Then we baked the finished product at 150 deg C for another hour.

Guess what. The first time he injected that carefully prepared gear into his quad, he developed a Staph infection within 2 days. He was hospitalized with IV antibiotics for days and is lucky that took care of it.

I took that obviously contaminated prop and filtered it into a new vial through a 0.2 micron filter and used it myself. No infection.

Comment

Originally posted by spidey
            I took that obviously contaminated prop and filtered it into a new vial through a 0.2 micron filter and used it myself. No infection.
            brave man spidey :D

Comment

Originally posted by stonecold54
              spidey says he has pushed through 100 or 200mls of oil based drugs through one .2 fliter without it clogging.
              This is true but remember, I make my gear from powders so there is no particulate matter like binders to clog up a filter. If you are converting from pellets, it would be a good idea to prefilter. It doesn't necessarily have to be a 0.45 though. It just has to be good enough to get out any visible particulates.

Comment

Originally posted by stonecold54
                brave man spidey :D
                LOL, there was no other way to convince my friend that it was OK to use now. I shot it every day for a couple weeks before he trusted it again.

Comment

LOL, there was no other way to convince my friend that it was OK to use now. I shot it every day for a couple weeks before he trusted it again.
                  yeah actually he didn't say what he was converting but you are right. I was assuming he was talking about powders.

Comment

Re: buying filters?

Originally posted by MMI
                    When buying syringe filters to filter final product (fina conversion), I keep hearing that .2 um is the best for sterilizing. Does .2 um sterile the final product, and what is the difference between the membranes in the filters (PVDF, MF, PES), and which do you perfer?
                    I use the PVDF filters and have never had a problem with them breaking.

Stay away from the cellulose or cellulose acetate filters (CA or SPCA). They do not hold up well to the solvent/oil mixtures we tend to use and are prone to rupture.

Comment

Anyone know of a good place to get the .2's on the web?

Comment

Getpinz has them.

Comment

Not true.

Some types of bacteria (like staph) go into a dormant spore state when growth conditions are not optimal. These spores average about 0.3 microns in diameter and will pass through a 0.45 micron filter. Spores are some of the most hardy things on the planet. They can withstand extreme heat, cold and even harsh chemical bactereostatic agents like straight bleach. Trust me when I say the piddly little 3% to 10% BA in your mixture won't do Jack shit and they can handle heat that would decompose your gear. When the spores are deposited in an environment with adequate water, nutriuents, and temperature (like say your muscle bed), they come back to life and voila, you have a staph infection. A staph infection in your muscle bed can be extremely serious; it could lead to amputation or even death. Why are so many people willing to risk this scenareo by relying on baking, BA, and 0.45 micron filters?

I have some first hand experience with this scenareo. Last year, I made up some test prop for my best friend. Together, we baked the oil at 150 deg C (302 deg F) for an hour; we mixed up the gear with BA, BB, and sesame oil and filtered into a sterile vial with a 0.45 micron filter (We even worked in a sterile cell culture hood). Then we baked the finished product at 150 deg C for another hour.

Guess what. The first time he injected that carefully prepared gear into his quad, he developed a Staph infection within 2 days. He was hospitalized with IV antibiotics for days and is lucky that took care of it.

thank you for sharing that... I was not aware of a pathogenic spore state. mabey i need to invest in some .2 filter =-]

Comment

Lion Has them there not on the site yet but soon ..a few days
                            Last edited by RUI-Products; 02-04-04, 03:19 AM.

Comment

Awesome. I was just commenting on that issue last night. I'll be ordering some Nolva soon and need some 0.2 filters as well. That will be very helpfull. If only you carried PEG 400, BA, BB, and USP grade oils. I hate having to buy my supplies from several places and pay so many shipping charges.

Comment

Working...
                              X