extend 1st cycle to 16 weeks, or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• extend 1st cycle to 16 weeks, or not?

I'm currently in week 10 of my first cycle (500 enan/ 300 deca) and am training for a powerlifting meet on Feb 28.

Anyway, some things were changed about the meet just this week that makes me hesitant about attending..................BUT, if I extend my cycle from 12 to 16 weeks, there is a GREAT contest in March that I could enter.

Other reasons that tempt me to extend the cycle are:
    1) I just started seeing great results in the past 2 weeks.......I hate to end it now, at the peak of the gains.
    2) I have just enough gear to get me through 16 weeks (with a bit to spare).

Anyway, if I do extend it to 16 weeks, I will cut the deca at week 15..........and take clomid for weeks 18-21 (4 weeks total).

I would greatly appreciate feedback/advice.......is this too much for my first cycle, or should I let 'er ride???

I think 16 weeks of deca will have you crashed pretty hard. If you extended it to 16 weeks maybe just run the test. I think 16 weeks is a bit much for a first cycle but everyone has different opinions on this. If you decided to run it 16 weeks I would suggest using HCG post cycle.

Comment

i too think that 16 weeks is a bit long for a first cycle just my opinion though

Comment

16wks is long for a first cycle but if you have things under control then i really dont see a big problem with extending it, i would drop the deca no later than wk 12 and just run test the rest of the time

Comment

Can I expect to maintain gains when dropping the deca, or will I notice a decrease in strength as I drop to just test??

Also, if I drop the deca, but continue with 500mg test through week 16, will clomid be adequate or should I seek some HCG??

Thanks.

Comment

seek HCG. You might wanna up the test to 600 mg right before dropping the deca.

Comment

I wouldn't up the test i would keep it the same and yes i would seek some HCG.

Comment

IMO 16 weeks for a first cycle is too long. We all know the feeling of getting such good results that we dont want to stop the cycle but it is dangerous to give in to this feeling. Cycling has a purpose. Year round gear would be the perfect world, but just end your cycle, do your PCT and look forward to the next cycle

Comment

I suppose your right...........good advice!

Comment

Working...
                  X