Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

who owns a copy of arnolds encylopedia of bodybuilding?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who owns a copy of arnolds encylopedia of bodybuilding?

just curious to know how many of you, if any, owns a copy or has read arnolds encyclopedia of body building...i just bought it yesterday for 25 dollars...its over 800 pages...lots of info in here im sure....any comments?

smooth

Re: who owns a copy of arnolds encylopedia of bodybuilding?

Originally posted by Smooth19
    just curious to know how many of you, if any, owns a copy or has read arnolds encyclopedia of body building...i just bought it yesterday for 25 dollars...its over 800 pages...lots of info in here im sure....any comments?

smooth
    honestly the guy has great genetics and those are usually the last guys to listen about proper training from becauser anything they will do they will grow on. you would be better off going to www.exercisecertification and looking through the books there. they are actually scientific books. I do own the book, I bought it when I was younger and now that I am a bit older most of it is just plain wrong or just hype.

Comment

If you follow his training routines you will overtrain.

I use mine for pics of different movements, when I want to change my routine.

Comment

I have it and it is a good general reference. As a separate comment regarding the training, you cannot follow most pro's routines without overtraining unless you are on gear, and Arnold's are no exception.

Comment

I have it just for reading and for reference

Comment

Yep! i remember the day i bought it b/c i ditched school and rode the bus to the mall to get it....instead of the other kids who were ditching to go to the beach and get drunk.....then i rode the bus to the gym....think i was 14 or 15.
            That book is a great reference manual for which excercises work which body part, and lots of good pics....thats about it though.
            I wouldnt follow Arnolds routines though b/c no two people will respond to the same routine in the same way, so one person saying they have found "the way" is wrong. it might be right for them but not everyone........and unless you have superior genetics like he does then his way wont give you his results.

It is a great book for anyone just starting out though, and as a 14 year old kid that book gave me more knowledge and motivation to work out through high school then anyone else could have.

Comment

Best book ever. The new Pumping Iron DVD is better.

Comment

I am with everyone else here. Cool pics, good read, good general reference. Poor for most in terms of workouts. Especially beginners. Genetics and gear allow a select few to train in ways that 99% of the rest of us cant. He was one of those select few.

Comment

awesome feedback fellas...thanks...yea your probably rite, its probably more of a great reference and good book to look at for different poses and shit...but besides that im sure its more for the advanced athelete doing this on a professional level....

smooth

Comment

GREAT PICS! ALOT OF GOOD INFO TO BUT THERE IS BETTER INFO OUT THERE IMO..I GOT IT AS A GIFT,IM SURE I WOULD HAVE STILL BOUGHT IT THOU..

Comment

I tried Arnies routines about 12yrs ago...My shoulder still hurts,but seriously very few can make progress training like him. but i hear since its re-release its modernized. I havent read the new version.

Comment

Ya I have the old one too so I cant comment. But there was alot of insightful info in there, I enjoy reading it from time to time. Its so long though Ive never read it front to back, only in peices.

Comment

yea the one i have is actually the new modern version...been fully updated with new pix of newer up to date atheletes....

Comment

def. a good book

Comment

When I need new exercises to change my routine I'll sit down with the book and always find something that sparks an interest. When I read it I can't help but hear Arnold's accent in his words. LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X