help guys, possible infection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help guys, possible infection

i took a shot of homebrew prop to the front part of my quad (right above the knee) on friday and woke up saturday with extreme pain and soreness. today i woke and its red and warm to the touch but i cant really feel a lump just more of a tender area. while i was doing the shot it hurt more than usual but i just thought it was me since it was my first time shooting that spot. i aspirated and thought i saw no blood so i proceeded to inject. later when i drew the pin out, i notice a lil hint of blood that i didnt catch when i looked. so im thinkin maybe i nicked a vein or something but im not sure.does this sounds like an abcess to u guys? please advice. thanks

sounds like infection to me. if its red and warm, not a good sign
    your shot should of been on the side above the knee(tear drop)
    good luck and bump

Comment

ouch.,.i just had the same thing happen to me in my tris..i was using qv prop..took some benadry and the redness went away i 3 days..stayed sore for week..front right above the knee huh..damn thats got to hurt..lo..ltry benadryl

Comment

yea i was aiming for the tear drop the quad. bump for more responses

Comment

its probably not an infection, alot of times i hit veins and it gets red and sore for a few days

Comment

thats just prop for you...filter it with a .2 filter....and cut it with b12 when you inject you will ok its too soon to be an infection becareful and watch it.....shoot me a pm if it doesn't get betterin a few days

Comment

Yeah, it would def hurt more if you hit a blood vessel, that hurts like a bitch.........now is your quad slightly bruised or is it only red???? A bruise would usually indicate a broken blood vessel...you may have stabbed right through it, but injected clean into the muscle, and then on the way out you could have released the pressure from the plunger and sucked up some blood........its a possibility.

Comment

i think it's just a simple muscle inflammation.... dirty gear/ high ba concentration can irritate the muscle, so ur body thinks it's bacteria attacking it, and it raises the temperature to kill off the bacteria...
                if it was an infection u'd most likely feel a bump (where the puss gets accumulated)... but if it's just the site it's most likely a mucle inflammation....
                take some ibupropfen and put some ice on ur quad...
                if it gets worse see a doc...

Comment

thanks guys. much appreciated.

Comment

Doesnt sound like an infection. Prop is irritating to begin with. The blood at the injection site is normal. After all you just stuck a needle into your leg. The bottom of the teardrop is a little low IMO. Not as much muscle mass down here.

I wouldnt sweat it yet. When I run prop, it stay s sore for 4 days.

Massage the area and forget it . In all likelihood it will be fine

Comment

Working...
                    X