Bad Injection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Injection?

Hey guys/gals. I'm new here and also new to steroids. I recently started a cycle 2 weeks ago of 100mg prop (eod), and 25mg of dbol (ed). The first few injections went pretty smooth. A little stiffness the next day that went away. I screwed up a week ago when I stuck myself.

I did my right thigh w/o any problems. But a cpl days after that when I went to do my left one something went wrong. First off it hurt like hell just trying to get the pin to break the skin, so I switched pins. The second pin was the same so I know it wasent a dull one. Anyways I got it all the way in (hurting like a bitch the whole time) just as I was about to pull back a cpl mm's, I felt almost like this crunch or something as if I went in to deep an actually hit the bone or somen. It was as if I could almost hear it. I already was in some fierce pain from getting the pin in me, I didnt wanna pull out an try again. And I know im going to be asked if I aspirated, and the answer is no, i didnt. The first days after that I was limping, couldnt bend it at all. Its been over a week now and Its better as I can walk on it now, but I still cant strecth it or lift it very high w/o it killin. It has also started to just now show signs of bruising. I have a doc's apt on wednesday and thinking of telling him about it if its no better.

I know some of you guys are gonna scream @ me about not aspirating, it was my stupidity and trust me, I do everytime now.

Any help/advice/suggestions on what I did and when my leg gonna get better?? Oh ya, thats all the details about how it happened, there was no coughing, nausea, bleeding afterwards.

All i can tell you is GLUTES. Ive done at least 10 cycles and still havent gotten up the nerve for quad inj.

Comment

you probably just got lucky (sarcasm) and hit a bunch of veins and nerves. always better to be safe then sorry though and have a doc check on it. id' say take some advil and work it out slowly if you can. hopefully by wednesday you'll be fine. good luck!

Comment

#1. You probably just hit a nerve and a small surface vessel...so don't sweat it too much. Apply heat, massage the area, and stretch the quad often to get the knot you've put in the muscle to relax.

#2. What length/guage pin were you using? You should be using a pin that's either 22, 23, or 25 guage and 1 inch in length.

#3. DO NOT tell your doctor unless the injection site gets swollen/red and you think you have an infection. Telling your doctor is risky, because it could screw you over if he puts the incident in your file (which is fair game for insurance companies down the road...and that may prevent you from getting life insurance or supplemental health insurance).

Comment

sounds like you hit a nerve bro, i've felt that nice crunching feeling when you're going in and yes it hurts like hell

Comment

Ditto! It hurts but it goes away.

You'll live. :)

Comment

Well thanks for the re-assurance. I guess thats what I was kinda looking for. As for the advil and strectching it out slowly, that seems to be semi-working. I try and stretch it out as far as she'll go a cpl times a day. Progress is slow but there is some. Right now im using 25 guage 1inch. As for shooting in the legs/quads, after that feeling I am sticking to glutes until the scar tissue is like leather (LoL). I got told the same thing hitmansb about telling the doc. After some of the responses here, I think I will just keep trying the stretches and hold off a few more weeks and see how that goes before I go to him. Thanks for all the help/responses guys. I will keep any progress or anything posted here.

Comment

Actually I have the problems shooting Glutes. It aways gets red/warm and hurts for a few days nothing bad but I have no problems at all with Quads or Delts.

I do hit a nerve from time to time in the quad but it just makes the muscle jump and tingles a bit. No biggie. I did get close to a nerve doing Delts once as I was pushing the oil in I feel in put pressure on the nerve and tingle all the way down my arm in to my hand, but it went away in a few min.

But then again I don't have to shoot myself either. My wife does it for me. I think I'll make her dress up in a nurse uniform this weekend when she does my shot. :D

Comment

If you have the $$$, getting a massage would help alot. I'm talking about a really hard deep tissue massage. It'll hurt like bloody hell while you're getting the quad worked on, but you'll walk out of there feeling great. It worked well for me after I had a bad quad shot.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Jarhead

But then again I don't have to shoot myself either. My wife does it for me. I think I'll make her dress up in a nurse uniform this weekend when she does my shot. :D
                    thats great your a lucky man...

Comment

Originally posted by hitmansb
                      If you have the $$$, getting a massage would help alot. I'm talking about a really hard deep tissue massage. It'll hurt like bloody hell while you're getting the quad worked on, but you'll walk out of there feeling great. It worked well for me after I had a bad quad shot.
                      Damn I dont think I could handle that just yet. I work in a steel factory and dropped some metal bars today. I tried to kneel to pick them up, didnt happen. I had to bend over and get em. I am starting to work it a little harder though for stretches and sucking up the pain as much as I can. Just puts a damper on my cycle, I havent been able to work on my legs at all, and some of my ab training require to much leg bending to do :( My first cycle I wanted to make sure I went hardcore. Im thinking of trying to get my hands on 1 more bottle of prop to extend my cycle an extra cpl weeks at least.

Comment

Originally posted by dabomb
                        Damn I dont think I could handle that just yet.
                        I swear, it's worth the pain. You'll walk out of there with your leg damn near as good as new.

Comment

If it will improve that much in one session I think I may just have to. I will give it the weekend and if its no better by Monday I will call to see about an apt.

Comment

Working...
                          X