Steroids vs Liquor effects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steroids vs Liquor effects

Wondering, which is actually worse on your liver? This in light of all the government action against Ph's and the continual bashing of steroids. What actually has worse effects. I'm searching online for information and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas or knowledge.

You take someone who takes 2-3 shots of tequilla every weekend or who drinks heavy every weekend versus someone who dones't drink but uses steroids

I'm talking a single dosage of d-bol, test enthan, or winny..any of the mainsterm roids versus people who drink frequently.. what is actually worse on your body in the long-term? what do you guys think? Has there been any studies showing this?

this is just my opinion on the subject, but i would say that someone who drinks all the time is more likely to have liver problems than someone who uses AS properly

Comment

Well, for Testosterone Therapy, this is what they consider "side effects" and shoud be brought to your doctors attention:

Nausea and vomiting
      Priapism
      Acne
      Swelling of the ankles
      Headaches
      Noticeably increased appetite
      Breast enlargement

I may have had increased appitite but none of the others.

Most of us mostly need to wory about the 17-alkalated steroids on the liver. But almost all of the alcohol you drink, is processed and broken down by the liver. The fact is. When we get drunk. It means that the liver was not able to metabolize the alcohol anymore. So, it gets backed up into our bloodstream and hence the feeling of intoxication.

As alcohol gets backed up from the liver, it goes into our blood stream and the next stop? The brain. Which is why we have symptoms such as lack of coordination, slurred speech, and blurry vision.

But it doesn't stop there. It effects the heart, nervous system, and stomach.

As far as Cirrhosis is concerned. When is the last time you heard of someone getting Cirrhosis from AAS? I can't even think of it except for maybe Lyle Alzado. But with alcohol? That is the leading cause of death.

So, I think it is quite apparent which is worse. Steroids aren't physically addictive in most cases. Alcohol almost always is. That alone makes it more of a NEED rather than a WANT. And makes it more dangerous in my opinion.

Alcohol doesn't only effect the liver. It has a snowball effect. Traffic violations. Family. Friends. Work. Schools. Traffic accidents. Legal Problems. Divorce. Or God forbid... Death to themselves - or in a lot of caes - to someone else.

Now, this is not to say the AAS cannot effect family and friends either. But in most cases it is more controlled.

With proper use, AAS is no worse than just about anything else we take. There are far much worse things out there. Smoking. Alcohol. Opiates. Cocaine. Etc.

Hell! They've even found more serious things with Birth Control.

Anyway. That's my 2...

Cheers!

Comment

good points. As far as what is worse in a single dosage.. do you think one d-bol or test enthan tab is worse on the liver then a shot or 2 of alchol?

Comment

I don't think many alcoholics take milk thistle or any liver protectants either

Comment

Originally posted by bigpump23
            good points. As far as what is worse in a single dosage.. do you think one d-bol or test enthan tab is worse on the liver then a shot or 2 of alchol?
            Well, this is hard to say and it would be different for both male and female. Females have less blood than males in most cases because of muscle mass, and alcohol effects them much faster. They also have a slightly smaller liver too.

One Dbol is a waste first of all and secondly, it is going to get processed either way. As far as what is worse. At that point, neither. It's a one time thing.

However, if you were to use Dbol for a long period of time, it would be worse than a drink or two of alcohol a day.

There has been long debate for years whether or not a drink or two a day is beneficial. The answer is simply, yes. It is. Especially in red wines because of flavonoids. People in the Mediterranean, such as France, Italy, and Spain have a longer average life span than Americans. Now, this is weird because they also have some of the highest fat intake in the world - besides the Philippines. But because of their ritualistic consumption of wine with their food - they still live longer. Plus they happen to ingest healthy fats like olive oils and fish oils.

The Mediterranean Diet (French Paradox)
            http://www.winespectator.com/Wine/Ar...75,534,00.html

http://www.winespectator.com/Wine/Ar...75,276,00.html

Anyway, in the long term. One or two drinks a day is not as bad as taking one or two Dbol a day. The Dbol would be worse in that case. But I don't think many people would do that. Typically 4 - 6 weeks is the usual cycle at 5 - 6 Dbol a day. Some obviously take more and some take less.

Bottom line is it comes down to long term use.

Now, if you were to drink 18 - 24 beers on a Saturday night. That is worse on your liver than say two or three Dbol a day for 4 - 6 weeks. Binge drinking has been proven to be worse than someone drinking 1 or 2 maybe even 3 drinks a day.

Again. Quantity, moderation, and duration is key.

Cheers!

One Final Article:
            DRINK A LITTLE, EAT A LITTLE, AND NURTURE YOUR LIVER
            http://www.aim-digest.com/gateway/pa...ink_little.htm
            Last edited by decadan; 04-02-04, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Article on AS and Liver Function:
              http://www.sportsci.org/encyc/anabst...stereff.html#1

Comment

we can only ponder, all my buddies here sit here and tel me since i;ve taken ph's that it is so bad on my body. But those are the same guys who sit here and drinks 3 nights out of the week and get hammered. 12 beers, 5 or 6 shots has to be worse on your body then any single dose of steroids or ph's. People who drink heavy do it 3 times a week every week and they try to tell me that is better for there liver then me taking ph's for 6 weeks out of year?

Comment

pro hormones and 17aa steroids are worrrrrlds apart in damage to your liver

Comment

bump

Comment

Drinking like that is worse, no doubt.

And 17aa steroids and prohormones are not that far apart as far as the liver is concerned. With 17aa steroids, it's a matter of straight processing. With prohormones it's a matter of conversion and processing. Prohormones are "trickery" as far as the system is concerned. The liver as well as the rest of the body make testosterone as a defensive response to the prohormones. That is stress in every way, yet the liver does not know. Which in a lot of cases can me more dangerous.

Stick with AAS in my opinion because there are plenty of years behind them with plenty of science. Keep drinking at a minimum all around.

Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                      X