Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help me learn to be a good personal trainer. . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me learn to be a good personal trainer. . .

I have a hookup with a friend, im starting within a week at WOW as a personal trainer. I have 90 days to get certified, but I can start training clients right away. Problem is, im not sure what the staples of being a personal trainer are. I only know how to train muscleheads and young men. Im kinda worried about training women, old people, and overweight people correctly, and il most likley be in that spot within a week. Can anyone direct me to any free sites or information that would greatly help me be the best personal trainer I can be? Im a perfectionist, so if I do something, and I like helping people improve their bodies, I wanna be the best. I will put as much time and effort into it needed, so give me all you got, and you can bet il read it many times over til its second nature to me.

Wait. That's the best thing you can do. Stick with what you know for now and train people in what you know. Get some info under your belt first before going into Seniors and what not.

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by decadan
      Wait. That's the best thing you can do. Stick with what you know for now and train people in what you know. Get some info under your belt first before going into Seniors and what not.

Cheers!
      Good advise
      bump for you though

Comment

Do not be aggessive with old folks and women, they will feel intimidated and threatened. try and go at and easier pace with them, and by all means pay them tons of compliments and positive support and NEVER EVER SAY ANYTHING NEGATIVE.....this will hurt there feelings and thus they won't employ you for long.

Just have those old kid gloves on and be encouraging all the time no matter what. This way they will come back, and with in due time, their bodies and attititudes will change.

good lcuk

Comment

good luck and definatley read up
          Last edited by meat12; 03-09-05, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Re: Help me learn to be a good personal trainer. . .

Originally posted by TooPowerful4u
            I have a hookup with a friend, im starting within a week at WOW as a personal trainer. I have 90 days to get certified, but I can start training clients right away. Problem is, im not sure what the staples of being a personal trainer are. I only know how to train muscleheads and young men. Im kinda worried about training women, old people, and overweight people correctly, and il most likley be in that spot within a week. Can anyone direct me to any free sites or information that would greatly help me be the best personal trainer I can be? Im a perfectionist, so if I do something, and I like helping people improve their bodies, I wanna be the best. I will put as much time and effort into it needed, so give me all you got, and you can bet il read it many times over til its second nature to me.
            If you really want good advice go to www.exercisecertification.com their certification takes a good amount of time but you will actually have the knowledge to train people not just a piece of paper that says you are certified to do so. be very careful about training people with out the proper knowledge. they are trusting you to do no wrong to them.

Comment

:cool:
              Last edited by meat12; 03-09-05, 12:16 PM.

Comment

Im sorry to say but if you have to ask how to train anyone then you haven't learned enough about training yet. I would put off the whole thing until you "get it." Otherwise you are going to look like a fake. Put away the bogus M&F mags, and get some books by good authors like Robert Kennedy. If you knew anything about training yet you would know how to apply it to any walk of life.

Comment

You certification should have a section on client relationship.

Be personable and a likable guy and you will do well.

The client relationship is more important than how good a trainer you are. Although being a good trainer helps alot.

You are selling yourself first.

Comment

The client relationship is more important than how good a trainer you are. Although being a good trainer helps alot.
                    very true--

get both of them down and you will do well

Comment

:)
                      Last edited by meat12; 03-09-05, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X