newbie question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newbie question?

I have been weight training for almost 3 years now heavily. I also have a good diet for what i'm trying to do, which is bulk up. so u know high protein & high carb intake. I have never taken anything besides protein and creatine as my supplements. Right now I'm 6'2" and around 170 lbs and basically real cut up but i also want to beef up to like 185. I have thought many times about steroids and even researched a good bit. I know there are a lot of people in this forum however that really know and understand what they are doing, so any info on what would be a smart thing for do will be greatly appreciated.

you're 19 or 20 right? well you probably still got some growing to do i would say but hey to each his own. i'm 23 and my first cycle is 500mgs test 400mgs eq for 12 weeks. you could start out with something like that or just go with test on its own. make sure you read up on info and get proper pct.

Comment

You need to let us know your age before we can answer this properly.

Comment

i'll go ahead and set your age aside for this one,

at your current height and weight there is no need to turn to AS, you still plenty of work to do naturally. i would definatly take a closer look at your diet. how many cals are you taking in a day?

Comment

sorry about that that. yeah, I'm 19 years old and my daily calorie intake is probably close to 3000.

Comment

eat, eat and eat thats the only steroids u need at 19. trust me i did a cycle at 19 and i wish i didn't.

Comment

6'2" huh. My opinion is that I wouldn't really even think about cutting for awhile. I would go with alot more size first. Just my thoughts.

Comment

I'm 6'0" 165, and I'm not stopping until I hit around 200-210lbs. I wouldn't cut before that. There's nothing wrong with being 170lbs, but I wouldn't think about steroids until you've hit around 220lbs at 6'2". I would up your calorie intake to around 4000 a day, I know it's tough. Just drink shakes between meals if you can. I always try to eat as much as possible, and have a shake before bed, because I lose around 3 lbs while I sleep if I don't. If I eat/drink before bed, it cuts down to around 1.5lbs. Just my thoughts, but take them for what they're worth, I'm a newbie.

Comment

I agree, you are nowhere near your natural limit.

I think you could easily eat another 1000 cals at your age and body type and not worry about fat at all. A guy like you can get lean in 4 weeks anytime.

Also, you may need to adjust your training if you are doing lots of sets, reps and weekly workouts. Go intense, heavy and brief. Trust me you will grow in the next year.

Although it says newbie next to my name, I'm 38 and did my first cycle 20 years ago! Trust me!

Comment

Thanks so much guys, I really appreciate the info.

Comment

Work less, eat more. There are obviously more chemical means by which to improve your bulk but by the time you have got to this point a basic understanding of how to train to bulk would get you to your 185' goal without recourse to chems. Are you training more than 3 times per week and how long are your sessions. When bulking up, less is more. At least in terms of periodicity of training although it's always gotta be intense. But don't be to preoccupied by size. If you are a cut 170 you are probably a lot fitter than a good few 200+lb 6'2"s.

Comment

3000 calorie intake...isnt anywhere near what u should be intaking bro...your 6'2 around 170...i would highly know that your metabolism is fast...so i would at least go for 4500-5000 calories a day...trust me you'll gain weight...and more protien too buddy...for u go for, 2g per lb...just train hard!!!(properly)

Comment

RS - I've got a super fast metabolism as well. Let me guess, you probably gained 15 lbs or so and then have hit a tough plateau. Been there and juiced.

One piece of advice - be sure you're not overtraining. Don't lift for more than 45 mins, stay away from sets with more than 10 reps, and switch up your routine frequently.

Oh, yeah. And eat.

Comment

Working...
                          X