Surgery - Should I stay on ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surgery - Should I stay on ?

I have an minor elective surgery that I want to take care of. I probably will not be able to train for about 3 weeks afterwards.

Tonite is my last shot of my cycle (400 Cyp, 400 EQ) Should I finish my post cycle stuff first ?

---OR---

Should I extend my cycle so I will not lose my gains during the layoff ?

Na, stick with your original plan. Its not a good idea to be on AAS during surgery or post surgery. Let your body recover, then when your able to hit the gym again jump back on.

Comment

Finish your cycle, then continue with your post cycle therapy. 3 weeks is not a long time at all too take off from training, its good to take a lil time off here and there, give the body a chance to rest

Comment

inform your surgeon about you AAS use. make sure to state that it is not to be in the medical records. by informin him he can take preacuations due to blood loss and infection because of AAS

Comment

I'd be clean for a while before going for surgery. The steroids may cause an over-aggressive healing response, which means more scar tissue...and therefore more post-operative complications.

Comment

You have to decide for yourself.

1. If you stay on, tell your doc because complications could arise that they can account for quickly instead of guessing there may be a bigger problem.

OR

2. If your off, make sure you have recovered 1st before the surgery. After all cortisal will be high and you will be under stress even though you aren't lifting.

I know guys that have done it both ways and have come out of the surgery great. Being prepared is half the battle.

Comment

from what i was told if your put under while on it could cause serious problems due to increased adrenaline

Comment

EQ and any type of surgery are a bad combo. you will bleed like a mofo, lol. i had a crown put on one of my teeth and it took 3 visits because my gums were bleeding so bad!

Comment

Well, I am def gonna wait untill I am off.

How long after post cycle should I wait ?

I want to make sure my HPTA is up and the juice has cleared my system.

I was figuring 2 weeks AFTER my post cycle stuff is complete.

Comment

I had my tonsils out while I was still on cycle. Depending on what gear I am on my blood doesn't clot very well.

Comment

I appreciate you participating in my thread with your first post. :)

Comment

Working...
                      X