BLOOD, SWEAT and TEARS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BLOOD, SWEAT and TEARS

"Will you bleed for me? Can I trust that when push comes to shove, you will push me to my limits? Can you stand the pain?"

These are questions I often ask before I train with someone new but I never verbalize them for fear of hearing their weakness when in fact I would rather make them face that weakness when we get to that point. When you push beyond your limit and face the brink of failure, it is only then that your commitment to the sport shines through. I have been through many wars and made quitters out of champions. First I break their spirit, and then I take their heart! If I can't do either then I have found my soldier since there can be only one General! After we warm up I go for the guts, I start the workout with the hardest lifts, the ones most stray from since the advent of new machines that enable some to avoid dead weight. Dead lifts, Standing Military Press, Squats, and Bent Over T-bar Rows the whole nine. These are a few of my favorite things unfortunately when I train with some people these are the things they hate! I will try to make you BLEED from the inside out, meaning I will make you question whether you will survive the session, I want to make you feel inferior to me simply by the drive, pace and poundage's I use. I want you to say the words, " I CANT!" simply to hear your weakness out loud which in turn makes me stronger! The blood you bleed will be what makes me stronger!

I set the pace to the point of a sparring match that if you don't pace yourself you will run out of gas and your stamina will be brought into question. I want to see SWEAT from the effort you pouring into the work as the war begins between US! Dripping wet from digging deep into your reserve to push back and step up to the plate showing that you will survive and challenge if needed! The weight, the reps, the sweat now the pain, you feel it? You see it? Can you DIG it? I want to be here more than anywhere else in the world, fighting you to prove to myself, I will not be beaten in the gym not now not EVER!

The TEARS you cry will be from the effort you give! You cry, you cry for MORE! I want you to push back and pull me in, kick my ass if you can? Bring the war to me don't wait for something to happen, show me something! This is where I come alive the pain brings me pleasure, the effort brings me RESULTS!

BLOOD, SWEAT and TEARS equals GAINS, PROGRESS and SUCCESS LET'S GET IT ON!

Stay Hungry!

Shawn Ray

Pretty awsome read.

Comment

good read

Comment

damn thats motivating

Comment

Originally posted by Nekrawulf
          damn thats motivating
          Damn straight.....awesome post.

Comment

Right on!!!!

Comment

goosebumps can't wait to train tonight

Comment

Really cool thread. For sure puts you in the mood to go and lift some heavy fvcking weights...buts alas its a bank holiday here in England so my gyms shut :(

Comment

Originally posted by mikereid
                  Really cool thread. For sure puts you in the mood to go and lift some heavy fvcking weights...buts alas its a bank holiday here in England so my gyms shut :(
                  lol, that sucks

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER
                    lol, that sucks
                    Yup it does, especially when the lazy bastards decide that since Monday is a holiday they may as well take saturday and sunday off too (so somehow they managed to turn a one day holiday into 3 freakin' days!!).

Comment

Yup it does, especially when the lazy bastards decide that since Monday is a holiday they may as well take saturday and sunday off too (so somehow they managed to turn a one day holiday into 3 freakin' days!!).
                      So they closed your gym down for 3 days? lol. i think you need to find a new gym. my gym is open every holiday except christmas.

Comment

So they closed your gym down for 3 days? lol. i think you need to find a new gym. my gym is open every holiday except christmas.
                        Yup, kinda sucks, but i only pay what what works out as around $5 a month and its quiet in the hours I go so I stick with them.

Comment

Yup, kinda sucks, but i only pay what what works out as around $5 a month and its quiet in the hours I go so I stick with them.
                          Isnt there any other gyms though for when that one is closed?

Comment

Isnt there any other gyms though for when that one is closed?
                            Not really, I am a poor student (:() and every other gym around here is busy and charge $9 if your not a member per session and membership is $60 a month. It sucks on the odd bank holiday when I have nothing to do and really feel like going to the gym but for $5 a month I can't complain.

Whats really bad is that they don't have an AC !!!

Comment

Whats really bad is that they don't have an AC !!!
                              f*ck that, they should be paying you 5 dollars a month!

Comment

Working...
                              X