Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does it make your immune-system weaker when you come off roids.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does it make your immune-system weaker when you come off roids.

I ask this becuase when I first started my cycle this May 2003 and ended the begining of August, Ive gotten sick at least 3 times of the flu or cold. Today Im sick and I was thinking it this couldve cause me to get sicker more quickly. Do any of you all get this too.

Now that you say something I think I remeber never getting sick while on and then like the second week or so off I get sick for a couple of days with a cold.

Comment

some of the problem is that if you don't back off on your workout regime then your body is going to get kicked into a stressful state very quickly because the steroids aren't running through you anymore to keep the stress at bay.

Comment

Originally posted by stonecold54
        some of the problem is that if you don't back off on your workout regime then your body is going to get kicked into a stressful state very quickly because the steroids aren't running through you anymore to keep the stress at bay.

i didnt work out all last week bro, tommorrw i have to.

Comment

Well there was a theory about virus's in your body and how cardio can help in fighting against it. Since when you get sick your body temp raises to help fight of the infection, it's been thought that when doing cardio, you may raise your body temp temperarly to keep virus's at there weakest inside your body. So everytime I feel sick I go running. Now I'm not saying it works but it does make me feel better quicker.

Comment

Originally posted by THE JUICE
            i didnt work out all last week bro, tommorrw i have to.
            not saying that that is what happened to you guys, but it happens to a lot of people. trying to do too much off the juice

Comment

I know I get sick as hell when I come off every cycle. I truly think it weakens the hell out of your immune system. I've been sick more in the last 3 years than I ever was before I started to cycle regularly. I'm curious as to what some of the docs have to say about this. Correct me if I'm wrong , but steroids are immunosuppressive.

Comment

Did you mean that steroids are immunoresponsive?

If they suppressed the immune system, you would get sick while on them...

I hardly ever get sick. I think the biggest relationship is between illness and people. The more you hang around public places, the sicker you will be as you are exposing yourself to a multitude of germs and viruses.

Wash your hands and take a multi!

Comment

Originally posted by Striated
                  Did you mean that steroids are immunoresponsive?

If they suppressed the immune system, you would get sick while on them...

I hardly ever get sick. I think the biggest relationship is between illness and people. The more you hang around public places, the sicker you will be as you are exposing yourself to a multitude of germs and viruses.

Wash your hands and take a multi!
                  They suppress your immune system which in turn makes it easier for you to catch viruses and other illnesses, especially when you come off.

Comment

After coming off gear your body goes through lots of hormonal changes….I think it would make sense that that’s when it’s in the weaker state….

Comment

Hormonal changes when coming off, i.e. low T levels can make you sick, although suppressing estrogen like mad (OD on Adex) can do that also.

Comment

Working...
                      X