Insulin Intramuscular or Sub-Q?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insulin Intramuscular or Sub-Q?

What are your guys thoughts on this. I have been running 15iu slin post workout intrmuscular. I seem to be more sensative to the slin then compared to when I used it Sub-Q. Any thought, studies? Lets here them. thanks

Re: Insulin Intramuscular or Sub-Q?

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER
    What are your guys thoughts on this. I have been running 15iu slin post workout intrmuscular. I seem to be more sensative to the slin then compared to when I used it Sub-Q. Any thought, studies? Lets here them. thanks
    hmmm thats weird you would think because sub-q is slower absorbtion because of the lack of immediate blood vessels it would be slower and less sensitive. I have yet to use insulin so I don't know to much about that.

Comment

Never done IM, but have ran up to 20iu's post workout Sub-q, and have not noticed much of anything.

Comment

Originally posted by G-S
        Never done IM, but have ran up to 20iu's post workout Sub-q, and have not noticed much of anything.
        You mean you dont even notice the dizzyness, shakes, and what not? Maybe you had fake slin LMAO! :p

Comment

sensitive in what sense, you feel it absorbing more rapidly? Or you are getting more from it by going this route?

Comment

humalog ? my resistance is so bad i have to take 3iu with no crbs twice a day to stay keto, imight have to try this

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER
              You mean you dont even notice the dizzyness, shakes, and what not? Maybe you had fake slin LMAO! :p
              I meant the size gains, you buckethead. :D

Comment

Originally posted by Doom
                sensitive in what sense, you feel it absorbing more rapidly? Or you are getting more from it by going this route?
                I mean it hits me harder and faster.

Comment

Are you running slin and igf together currently?

Comment

It's a known fact that insulin is absorbed faster via intramuscular injection compared to subcutaneous.

Also if you are running it with IGF, it is also known that IGF will greatly increase insulin sensitivity. The only time I went hypo was when I went directly from slin to IGF- I was running log post at only 15iu.

Comment

It was my understanding that slin is injected sub Q to allow for a controlled release and avoid sharp rise of slin blood levels, which would cause hypoglycemia.
                      Injecting into the muscles, esp. yours, the slin is probably getting into the bloodstream much faster, due to the number of blood vessels and capillaries in them.

SubQ is the layer of mostly fatty tissue under the dermis, so it would be taken into the body much slower.

Just my 2 cents, but I know my anatomy -- I teach it.

Comment

Originally posted by acuman
                        It was my understanding that slin is injected sub Q to allow for a controlled release and avoid sharp rise of slin blood levels, which would cause hypoglycemia.
                        Injecting into the muscles, esp. yours, the slin is probably getting into the bloodstream much faster, due to the number of blood vessels and capillaries in them.

SubQ is the layer of mostly fatty tissue under the dermis, so it would be taken into the body much slower.

Just my 2 cents, but I know my anatomy -- I teach it.
                        Thanks bro, well I guess that explains it. So in your oppinion, if the slin is in the bloodstream much faster this way, is it also out of the bloodstream faster?

Comment

If you look at any diabetic literature, it will tell you to go sub-q, IM will yield much faster absorption and uncontrolled results.

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpio
                            If you look at any diabetic literature, it will tell you to go sub-q, IM will yield much faster absorption and uncontrolled results.
                            Yes but I wonder for our purpose will it yield better results and be out of the system faster?

Comment

Plus if you are running IGF with it you will need a lot less slin... It makes you much more insulin sensitive...

Comment

Working...
                              X