REALLY OLD FINA????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REALLY OLD FINA????

hey guys i have some fina that is 4-6 months old and i was trying to decide if i should still take it. i was gonna heat it first and then go for it? how long is too long and should i take it or not? its been kept at room temp the whole time.

Re: REALLY OLD FINA????

Originally posted by BASHER
    hey guys i have some fina that is 4-6 months old and i was trying to decide if i should still take it. i was gonna heat it first and then go for it? how long is too long and should i take it or not? its been kept at room temp the whole time.
    was it kept out of the sunlight? I have used gear as much as two years old and never had a problem.

Comment

da and room temp should be ok, if your really nervous eget a whatman and refilter it

Comment

thanks guys. i think ill get a filter just in case.. where do i get a "whatman"?

Comment

Originally posted by BASHER
          thanks guys. i think ill get a filter just in case.. where do i get a "whatman"?
          any site that sells research chemicals or pins normally has them for sale.

Comment

thanks bro, and yes it was kept out of sun light. it was in a safe box the whole time..

Comment

Someone may call bullshit on this one, but I dabble with that conversion often and if I remember correctly I think there is an expiration date on the fina that is fairly short. Granted I don't know if that is for reasons that pertain to the potency of the drug or if that had to do with some other reasons. With other substances however you can still use them past the exp. date they are just usually said to be less potent.

Comment

The BA in ther acts as a preservative, most things can last for a year or better as longas they are kept in the right conditions...the worst thing is that it could have lost some potency

Comment

Originally posted by Lmg2701
                  Someone may call bullshit on this one, but I dabble with that conversion often and if I remember correctly I think there is an expiration date on the fina that is fairly short. Granted I don't know if that is for reasons that pertain to the potency of the drug or if that had to do with some other reasons. With other substances however you can still use them past the exp. date they are just usually said to be less potent.
                  not bullshit just not relevent. the expiration date is for the pellets, more to the point the physical properties of the pellets degrade in a farily short time as they are simply pressed togather. that is the reason for the date, not the potency of the drug.

Fina does oxidize fairly easy so that can (why you shouldn't heat your fina) but if its in an air tight container this sould not be a problem. As doom said it has BA in it and is desolved in oil (no mosture, no oxygen). should be good for years.

Comment

Working...
                  X