Growth Horomone use and Bone Health

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Growth Horomone use and Bone Health

Do you think that use of GH for an extended period of time would help heal shin splints and prevent them from coming on so easy? I have them bad and I can't shake them. I have tried just about everything and I don't want to stop my Taekwondo and wait for them to heal.

are they due to muscle, ligament, or tendons...I know of shin splints, just not sure what the cause is. If one of those are the contributing factor, then yes GH could very well help, but with the bone itself, calcium my friend

Comment

You have to be sure: is it shin splints, or stress fractures?

Shin splints are inflammation of the periostium of the tibia (sheath surrounding the bone). Since this is a soft tissue, GH would probably help it to heal much faster.

Here is some info to help you figure out if it might be stress fractures rather than shin splints:

Where can stress fractures occur?

The two bones of the lower leg are called the tibia and fibula. The tibia is the larger of the two and its role is load bearing. The fibula is the smaller of the two and its role is mainly for muscle attachment. Either of these bones can have stress fractures. The most common site however is two to three inches above the bony bit on the inside of the ankle (medial malleolus) on the tibia bone.

Symptoms include:

-Pain (usually on the lower third of the tibia) that occurs after running long distances.
      -Tenderness and swelling over the site of the fracture.
      -Pain when you press into the shin. An X ray of the injured leg will often not show any sign of a fracture. Another X ray must be taken 4 weeks after the first and often the new bone can be seen where it has started to heal.

What might cause a stress fracture?

-Overloading the bone by continuous muscle contractions for example in running.
      -Stress distribution in the bone altered because of continuing to run when the muscles are particularly fatigued. (Muscles are unable to take some of the stress so rely more on the bone).
      -A sudden change in running surface for example going from grass training to lots of track or road running.
      -Lots of small impacts on the bone even though they may be very small, a cumulative effect can build up.

If it's stress fractures, then GH would not help. Lots of calcium and rest are the only treatments for stress fractures.

Comment

yes, GH is good for everything..just look at the pics of Chris Dickerson when he won Mr Olympia..man had new bones growing out of his elbows...lots of people get new bone growth in their faces...just saw a gal in my gym with this...great arms though but her face looked like the Incredible Hulk. Maybe if you take growth hormone your leg bones will get bigger but I think shin splints are overuse injuries?

Comment

well I don't think they are stress fracture because if I take two weeks off they will heal up. but as soon as I start TKD they will hurt within 3 or 4 workouts. I believe that stress fractures would hurt more but it is still a possiblity to have them X-rayed. I have always controlled my splints with a DARD and it has worked up until now. I think I might have been on the juice to long and maybe my legs grew to big for my structure too fast. I am off now and trying to drop weight to see if that helps

Comment

Originally posted by prot
            yes, GH is good for everything..just look at the pics of Chris Dickerson when he won Mr Olympia..man had new bones growing out of his elbows...lots of people get new bone growth in their faces...just saw a gal in my gym with this...great arms though but her face looked like the Incredible Hulk. Maybe if you take growth hormone your leg bones will get bigger but I think shin splints are overuse injuries?
            What you are talking about is acromeglia. That is a condition that causes abnormal bone growth and is genetic, NOT caused by HGH. It is accelerated by HGH though and may turn mild, unnoticable cases into freak shows. HGH has no affect on adult bone growth I am aware of.

Comment

Sorry but acromegaly is the "natural" condition..Taking too much HGH can cause this condition ...have you seen pics of Chris Dickerson's elbows?

Comment

Working...
              X