This Lifestyle is so Hard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Lifestyle is so Hard

I am finding it hard to keep up the pace. Eating is probably my worst part of my plan. I have the drugs and I have the training. It is so tough eating enough and at the right time. I work out after work and if i have my protein and carb drink after my workout, then I am ruined for dinner so my family has to eat alone. but if I eat first and then go to the gym I always get cramps no matter how long I wait. I can only wait so long to go to the gym. I used to work out in the morning but my training lacked because I was so tired in the morning. I am telling you the only thing that keeps my fork back to my mouth is the amount of money that I spent on the drugs. ;) Eating is such a pain in the ass. I used to like it before using gear. Sorry to bitch but I am frustrated. I just hit 200 for the first time and I have been stuck at it for a few weeks. I want to hit 210 in the next 20 weeks. keep in mind that I am on all the time so my gains are obviously slow. Oh well wish me luck.
    :moon:

thanks man. I think about all you bros when I am at the gym (not in the gay way ;) ) it motivates me to know that I can come back and tell you guys when I break through plateus and hit new bodyweight highs.

Comment

Re: This Lifestyle is so Hard

Originally posted by stonecold54
      I am finding it hard to keep up the pace. Eating is probably my worst part of my plan. I have the drugs and I have the training. It is so tough eating enough and at the right time. I work out after work and if i have my protein and carb drink after my workout, then I am ruined for dinner so my family has to eat alone. but if I eat first and then go to the gym I always get cramps no matter how long I wait. I can only wait so long to go to the gym. I used to work out in the morning but my training lacked because I was so tired in the morning. I am telling you the only thing that keeps my fork back to my mouth is the amount of money that I spent on the drugs. ;) Eating is such a pain in the ass. I used to like it before using gear. Sorry to bitch but I am frustrated. I just hit 200 for the first time and I have been stuck at it for a few weeks. I want to hit 210 in the next 20 weeks. keep in mind that I am on all the time so my gains are obviously slow. Oh well wish me luck.
      :moon:
      Im 100% opposite bro, I LIVE TO EAT! :D

Comment

I travel a lot so I feel your pain. I was on the road for 13 hours today,but I still try to get in my meals. I always take 2 50gram protein shakes, 2 cans of tuna, and a power bar. I still eat breakfast, lunch and diner. Everyone thinks I am weird when I pull out a protein shake in the middle of working. That is what I need to do to gain weight.

Comment

bouncer that is also more towards your lifestyle. you compete. and I believe you said that you personal train people. when i worked at a gym it was a lot easier to eat and keep it up too. In a couple of years I should be back in the swing of things. me and my future wife are moving down towards virginia where I hope to open my own one on one personal training studio and i hope to complete a massage therapy course this next year coming up to supplement my income.

Comment

Hang in there brother…you are not the only one…sometimes I feel like that also….thats when I pop in Pumping Iron or Ronnie Colman video…that gets me right back on track…lol.......you have to eat!!!

Comment

I just went through the same shit brah , best thing to do is to vary your diet find new shit to eat , (shameless plug here) this site has a great recipe section you should check out . I swear to god , once I am too old to care what I look like I will never eat tuna again .

Comment

hey bro

It's a life adjustment as good as you are at training in the gym you must train the way you eat the same way.

bodybuilding is a life style there are many who clam to be body builders but are no more the gym rats .
                see their is a puzzle you must complete to gain respect form your peers.

1). is the most important that is food
                2).is training I mean balls to the wall
                3).sleep
                4).stress
                5).noing your body chemersty
                6).anabolics
                7).application of all the above

I used to have a bunch of problums with meals like I would only get in 5 and a shake. my trainer partner at the thime was eddie robsen and he would flip on me to the point I was going to hit him with a hammer.But he got me through it by making me take this cooler bag with me were ever i was work riding in the car EVERY WERE.
                I would put rice and chix big as tubs cold oatmeal tuna .I mean this bag was packed with shit after about 3 month's or so of this I realized that I hade just put on 15 20 pounds of lean muscle.
                and that's how I got broken in to 8 to 10 meals a day.

I am noy saying for you to eat 8 to 10 meals but train your eating habbits. MAKE PEOPLE SAY WOW WHERE EVER YOU GO.because if they say he is buff then you work out if they say he must work out then you are like the rest of the gym rats trying to be a bodybuilder.

Buy the way these words are pretty much the same speech I got from eddie who got the same from mr yates.I hope this has charged you up.It gave me key to a hole other world.THe world where the say WOW
                Last edited by thumderman; 08-05-03, 04:02 AM.

Comment

I feel the samw way at times bro, its something we all go through. I could be eating like an animal at times up to every 2 hours or so and at times every 3-4 hours and even skipping meals at times. I get tired at times of the same o'l shit and at times my food runs out and I dont have any money to go and get some for a week or two. But like the saying goes "The World Wasn't Made In A Day", it took time to build and yes u will get 210 or even more within time bro. It all takes time. I was stuck at 200 pounds for about 2 years, couldnt gain a pound no matter what I did, I thought that was it, until I added more meals, proteins, and alot of rest and dedication. Without lifting wieghts I feel like as if im nothing, that is what keeps me motivated to continue my goals.:)

Comment

In a couple of years I should be back in the swing of things. me and my future wife are moving down towards virginia where I hope to open my own one on one personal training studio and i hope to complete a massage therapy course this next year coming up to supplement my income.
                    Good luck on the massage therapy bro. My fiance' graduates in two weeks. I will open her up a business and I'm thinking of going for massage therapist so we can work together. Sounds like we are alot alike. Eating enough is the hardest part of my training.

Comment

thanx for the words brothers. I am drinking a shake as we speak. :D

Comment

Your missing sleep.

Comment

thanx for the words brothers. I am drinking a shake as we speak. :D
                          :drunk:

Comment

I was told a while back by a good bro of mine that " So much in life is mental" This is totally true. So this guy told me once as I will suggest to you , You have to love every aspect of this game to succeed, You gotta love to sweat, love to go to the gym, love the taste of nasty protein shakes, and love to EAT YOUR FREAKING ASS OFF. If you tell yourself" you are starving all the time and that you love to eat" than you wont find it to be such a chore as when you tell yourself you hate eating......................good luck my man....210lbs will be here in no time at all you are an eating machine..........peace

Comment

shit i have to force myself not to eat bro.

trying to drop bf. much rather have your problem lol

keep your head up bro. my family has adapted to my lifestyle. shit one of my main partners at the gym is my wife. since i got her into the irongame
                              life at home has been awesome
                              the gym has a huge playspot with all kinds of shit so the kids look forward to going everyday. shit my 3 year old was mad at me today for not going to the gym.

Comment

Working...
                              X