Telling var from winny?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Telling var from winny?

Is there any way to tell the difference between the two? I'm going to run some liquid var and how do i know if it hasn't been cut with some winny powder? Will i be able to tell by the sides i get?

winny will definetly make your joints sore, whereas var wont, but i wouldnt use that theory alone on your purity concerns

Comment

For what I'm about to recommend you need a reliable, trusted, winny reference standard. In other words some genuine Winstrol that you know is the real deal. Here is what you can do determine if the shit you think is Var really is (but you need a genuine Var standard confirm that it really is Anavar). Now this procedure will work with all tablets (dbol, var, drol, winny, etc), but not with oil based injectibles. Here goes, put on your lab apron Bro:

Say you have some 50mg tabs (or in your case tablet powder disolved in a liquid base) you want to test.

Take 10 tabs and dissolve them in pure Methanol. (Methanol is sold in auto parts stores as gas line antifreeze; Heet is one brand)

When you dissolve the tabs the drug will be soluble in the methanol but the binder/filler will not so it will quickly settle out to the bottom. (Since your's is already in liquid form with no binders, there won't be anything to see settle out.)

Draw out of the vial all of the methanol/drug solution leaving the binder/filler behind in the bottom of the vial. (for you that would be all the solution, since again, no binders or fillers).

put the methanol solution into another vial and SLOWLY (a few drops at a time) add distilled water to the methanol solution.

The water will mix with the methanol making the drug crystalize and fall out of the solution. Basically we are precipitating the steroid out of solution now.

Pour the contents of the crystalized suspension out into a glass cooking plate and let the water and methanol evaporate. DO NOT USE HEAT OR OPEN FLAME BECAUSE METHANOL IS VERY FLAMMABLE! (If you are in a hurry you can coffee filter at this step but your yield will not be as accurate.)

Once the water and methanol are evaporated you will be left with the pure crystals of the drug on the glass plate.

Now, assuming you do this for both your sample, and a known sample of Winny or Var, you can then compare the crystals (shape, color, etc), under a strong magnifying glass, or better a microscope. If the crystals are the same, bingo, you got what you thought; If they're different, well then its something else. Of course it could still be a steroid, but it obviously isn't the same as your reference standard.

I know this is a long procedure, and I don't think that many people have the patience to do it, but if you like home chemistry (making Fina, etc), this is a cool way to verify that you got what you ordered. BTW, this is known as selective recrystalization, and it can be used to get pure Tren out of Fina pellets nicely too.

DrG
      Last edited by drgoodbody; 08-28-03, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Don't have the resources yet :(

Its coming from a VERY reliable source i'm sure your familiar with, but it seems all theses powder source guys use the same supplier in china :(.

I talked to Johnny Cut and he ordered var from the same source twice and one time it came back at 50% purity and another it came back at 80%.....

Comment

Just use Denkall var and you dont have to worry about getting screwed. I still dont understand why some people use UG gear, is that much cheaper? actually, who cares how cheap it is Im sticking with gear made by the professionals.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Lean
            I still dont understand why some people use UG gear, is that much cheaper? actually, who cares how cheap it is Im sticking with gear made by the professionals.
            Ditto. I'm through with underground crap.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Narcissist
              he ordered var from the same source twice and one time it came back at 50% purity and another it came back at 80%.....
              Why even bother when you know this is what you are getting, some thing that is half pure, and then 3/4 pure?

If you really want var, then go with Denkall, only thing Ive seen in a while that tested higher than what it was listed as

And last but not least var is very overrated, to get results you are looking for some need 40-50mg a day, and that could break the bank for some folk...you want vasculaity, hardness and strength, EQ all the way

Comment

Everybody and their mom seems to love var. I planned on running it at 80mg/day if i made my own from powder. I've also been doing a lot of research on a masteron/var cycle. Seems like it would kick ass!

What do you think?

Comment

Good luck getting real masteron!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X