Can you donate blood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you donate blood

Can you donate blood while you are on steroids? I havent started my cycle yet, but one of my teachers is givin extra credit if you donate blood, so I will probably have to do that, since the class is pretty hard. Can I donate blood while on?

It's not a point whether you can or not.. You shouldn't. What if it possibly makes through undetected and your high octaine blood goes into some small child that already has some sort of heart disfunction...

Comment

when i have given blood in the past they gave me a bar code to place on the bag , one code meant dont use your blood and the other meant your blood is okay . you could give the blood and get credit with your teacher without endangering anyone else

Comment

I think that if someone is in dire enough straits to need blood, they're probably going to benefit from the 'extras' present.

Comment

Originally posted by basskiller
          It's not a point whether you can or not.. You shouldn't. What if it possibly makes through undetected and your high octaine blood goes into some small child that already has some sort of heart disfunction...
          Im not going to donate blood while on, Im asking the question, so I can know if I should donate blood now (this week) or later, if its okay, if im on roids. But for sure, I will not donate blood while on, just need to figure out, when I can start my cycle without any distractions of any type :)

Comment

I would say.. do it before hand get the credit and then do your cycle..

hitmansb, You can't be serious.

Comment

I agree with bass. I wouldnt want that on my conscience.

Comment

I'll tell you what. You run your gear and donate your blood to me :D

Comment

Well, I suppose a female might have probs from gear.....but if it was someone mangled in an accident, it'd give em' a nice boost. Anyways, donate, get the certification to say you did so, and then let them know that the blood shouldn't be used. Best of both worlds that way; safe, and you get the extra credit.

Comment

Originally posted by Shibby
                    I'll tell you what. You run your gear and donate your blood to me :D
                    :rofl:

Comment

Originally posted by hitmansb
                      Well, I suppose a female might have probs from gear.....but if it was someone mangled in an accident, it'd give em' a nice boost. Anyways, donate, get the certification to say you did so, and then let them know that the blood shouldn't be used. Best of both worlds that way; safe, and you get the extra credit.
                      I'll probably give up some blood this week ( I havent started yet) and then soon after start my cycle :)

Comment

I took a look through their drug book a few weeks ago.

Testosterone and winny are not grounds for DQ according to the book. Tamoxifen is only ground for DQ if you're curing cancer, not if you're preventing cancer. I didn't find arimdex, halo, deca, or femara - I was kinda short on time.

Remember they'll ask the question "Have you injected any drugs not as directed by a physican?"

Also, if your hemocrit is high enough you can do a packed red cell donation where the just take the RBCs and give you back your plasma including all the important proteins and hormones.

Comment

Speaking from a medical professional, you CAN donate while on because the amount that would happen to be in the blood is such an insigificant amount it will not harm anyone much less exert any effects to the recepient, not to mention how much my be filtered during process. The blood you receieve now a days is not even whole blood anymore. Its just packed red blood cells so you have to figure that the substance is divided up into so many other smaller parts it does not make a bit of difference!

Comment

Working...
                          X