humalog question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• humalog question

im thinking about trying some humalog soon, and wanted to make sure my plan looks ok before i go ahead.

im going to only take it post workout, so 4 times a week, at 10ius a shot.

right after my workout, im gonna down a shake with 3 scoops of cell tech, and 3 scoops of whey isolate. 115g carbs, 75g protein, then take my 10ius of humalog.

30min later on the way home im gonna drink 32 oz of skim milk

30 min after that (1 hour after shot) im going to eat a full meal consisting of 1 cup of rice, 3 chicken breasts, and maybe some broccoli

2 hours after that, same meal

2 hours after that, same meal

then 2 hours after that ill resume eating normal meals with healthy fats in them.

i will also keep a pack of glucose tablets with me incase i need them.

does this sound ok?

Take the shot then have the shake. 115g carbs is a little to much and will do nothing but turn to fat. i would take it down to about 70grams. Also start out with 5iu and work your way up to 10. I would kill the milk and have a protein shake and a bowl of oatmeal with a banana instead. humalog is out of the system in 4 hours so by your 4th meal it will already be gone.

if i were you, i would drive home, then take your shot. dont take your shot and drive home even if you have carbs on you its not safe. remember, insulin can and will kill you if your not safe.

Comment

I agreed 100% I wait till I get home to inject slin then have my carb/protein drink with creatine and gluta then Chicken and rice after that then a regular protein shake

Comment

if i were you, i would drive home, then take your shot. dont take your shot and drive home even if you have carbs on you its not safe. remember, insulin can and will kill you if your not safe.
        Good Point Bro...:agree:

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER
          Are you only recommending this because he's going with humalog instead of humalin? Or do you feel the same way about humalin?

Comment

Originally posted by beefcake
            Are you only recommending this because he's going with humalog instead of humalin? Or do you feel the same way about humalin?
            I am guessing that he is saying this moreso about humalog since it can take action almost immediately upon injection, whereas, humilin R takes about 15-30mins to begin action. But just to play it safe I started waiting until I got home to inject.

Comment

Originally posted by beefcake
              both

Comment

Start low and work your way up.. Make sure your carbs aren't too high (some say 10g per iu), and watch for spill-over.. Keep us in the loop on what you end up going with, my slow-ass doc should be sending me some Humalog shortly.. ;)

Comment

Two years later....i finally decided to start using slin, but humilin R not humalog. heres how i went today...

1. trained, then drove home
                  2. Took 4 iu's on humilin R then drank my post workout shake which has about 100g of whey, and about 80g of carbs from dextrose, and 15g creatine.
                  3. 1 hr later, ate a meal of 14ounces chicken breast, and about 50g of carbs from rice.
                  4. 1 hr later, protein shake(100g whey), oats, banana.
                  5 1 hr later, this is when i will start my normal meals again, my 1st whole food meal after workouts is always a P+C meal, so im going to eat another 12-16ounces on chicken breast, and some pasta. about 50g of carbs here too.

so far, i feel fine, normal. i have some simple sugars close by (three musketeers, lol) just incase i start to notice any signs of going hypo. next training day i think i will up the dose to 6iu's. follow this same protocol, then if i feel fine with that dose, go up to 8 the following training day, and so on till i get to my max dose of 10 ius post workout. i think i will keep this to only post workout, and not venture into taking it any other times of day. I train 4 times a week, so i figured that would be a trade off to minimize fat gain while still being able to realize some of the benefits of insulin use.

Comment

Originally posted by toobig
                    Two years later....i finally decided to start using slin, but humilin R not humalog. heres how i went today...

1. trained, then drove home
                    2. Took 4 iu's on humilin R then drank my post workout shake which has about 100g of whey, and about 80g of carbs from dextrose, and 15g creatine.
                    3. 1 hr later, ate a meal of 14ounces chicken breast, and about 50g of carbs from rice.
                    4. 1 hr later, protein shake(100g whey), oats, banana.
                    5 1 hr later, this is when i will start my normal meals again, my 1st whole food meal after workouts is always a P+C meal, so im going to eat another 12-16ounces on chicken breast, and some pasta. about 50g of carbs here too.

so far, i feel fine, normal. i have some simple sugars close by (three musketeers, lol) just incase i start to notice any signs of going hypo. next training day i think i will up the dose to 6iu's. follow this same protocol, then if i feel fine with that dose, go up to 8 the following training day, and so on till i get to my max dose of 10 ius post workout. i think i will keep this to only post workout, and not venture into taking it any other times of day. I train 4 times a week, so i figured that would be a trade off to minimize fat gain while still being able to realize some of the benefits of insulin use.
                    Why did you decide to go with humalin?

Comment

Originally posted by Control
                      Why did you decide to go with humalin?
                      My guess would be that you can go to any drug store and get Humulin. Humalog needs a script. I really wouldnt recommend either to be honest. I know what I said in this post about 2 years ago but I have gotten a little smarter since then. LOL. Insulin is a dangerous thing. Your chance of developing diabetes increases a shit load by using insulin when nothing is wrong with you. There really isnt much knowledge on the use of slin in people without diabeties.

On top of that, slin really dosent do much for the bodybuiling side of things. It makes it much easier to put on fat, alot of bodybuilding trainers and gurus now believe that slin is by far the biggest contributer to "GH Gut" an GH in fact dosent have a whole lot to do with "GH Gut".

Slin is by far the most dangerous and least effective bodybuilding drug. The negatives BY FAR outweigh any posatives.

Toobig, if you were smart you would stop using it bro. It really is no good. It is used much less in bodybuilding then it was 2 years ago. The reason?.. It can ruin a physique and cause VERY serious health issues.

Comment

wow bouncer i like that you are not scared to change your mind and tell it how it is. also some intersting notes about the GH gut.

Comment

Originally posted by ROCKETW19
                          wow bouncer i like that you are not scared to change your mind and tell it how it is.
                          I will def admit when im wrong. As with alot of things in the bodybuilding world, things change. Its only been about 2 years since this thread was posted but we have learned alot since then. We know now that slin is just not worth it at all.

Comment

I will def admit when im wrong. As with alot of things in the bodybuilding world, things change. Its only been about 2 years since this thread was posted but we have learned alot since then. We know now that slin is just not worth it at all.
                            It's too bad that some people had to find out the hard way. Proves that you just can't predict the long term effects of some substances.

Comment

I just recently came to the same conclusion about T3. It's garbage as far as I'm concerned. As far as slin, I've only taken humalog and I only took it PWO. I tried it not too long ago without AAS and it did nothing for me. Back when I was using it with GH and AAS it seemed to help me put on more mass, but looking back it did make me fatter...

Comment

Working...
                              X