T3 for my wife.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T3 for my wife.

My wife is trying to loose 20lbs after our babies birth. She dropped about 30lbs so fat but the last 20 are hard to get rid off. She is following Keto diet. And working out 3 times a week, when schedule allowed. She is asking me to start her on T3, but I'm a bit worried not knowing how she will react. What would be a good dose for her to start at? She's 150lbs right now... Thanks!

I wouldn't recommend putting her on T3..... But if you do anyway, then you should start her at 12.5mcg, to see how she will react.....

Has she tried the good old ECA stack yet??? It can usually be pretty effective at helping burn those extra calories, to help with fat loss.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Banner
      I wouldn't recommend putting her on T3..... But if you do anyway, then you should start her at 12.5mcg, to see how she will react.....

Has she tried the good old ECA stack yet??? It can usually be pretty effective at helping burn those extra calories, to help with fat loss.
      I agree no t-3 yet until she tries other options..
      I would not wanna mess with my ladys thyroids can lead to serious problems IMO.

Does she train at all?

Comment

ask in the womens forum, but i remember either reading here or at FG that clen works better than t3 due to natural levels

Comment

for females i mean

Comment

Cardio, diet and some ECA and that would do it

Comment

she does train and she did try eca before.. and yes u all right... im afraid to put her on t3...

so u think that even 12.5mcg - 25mcg is risky?
              Last edited by incognito; 09-02-03, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by incognito
                she does train and she did try eca before.. and yes u all right... im afraid to put her on t3...

so u think that even 12.5mcg - 25mcg is risky?
                why not run clen instead? problem with t3 and no anabolics is muscle loss as well as fat loss

Comment

And don't forget that a lady with a messed up Thyroid is going to have a REALLY hard time losing fat...... And it is taking a chance if she uses T3......

Also, I am just wondering how long she took the ECA stack for??? Because Ephedrine actually becomes more effective the longer you take it, up to a certain point...... I suggest taking it for 8 weeks straight, to see some really good results.... Ephedrine actually upregulates the Thyroid as well to a certain degree.

How much Cardio is she doing right now??? Is it possible she is not doing enough??? or needs to take it to the next level??? Or possible she needs to back off on the cardio somewhat......

Another thought is.... What is her diet like, and has she carbed up at all during this diet to shock her body??? You said she has already lost 30lbs, but is now at a sticking point.... This could be because her body has adapted...... You should remember that every 7-10 days, she should be eating a significant amount more calories then what she has in her diet, for a day. This will shock her body, and will do a couple of things for her. It will get her body functioning properly again, and upregulate anabolic hormones, as well as her Thyroid. Also it will be enough to convince her body that she is not starving and does not need to hold on to fat to live off of.

Review these issues and try some of these things, and I think your Wife will be pleasently suprised as she pushes past her sticking point in her diet!!

Comment

12.5 mcg then judge it from there

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Banner
                      And don't forget that a lady with a messed up Thyroid is going to have a REALLY hard time losing fat...... And it is taking a chance if she uses T3......

Also, I am just wondering how long she took the ECA stack for??? Because Ephedrine actually becomes more effective the longer you take it, up to a certain point...... I suggest taking it for 8 weeks straight, to see some really good results.... Ephedrine actually upregulates the Thyroid as well to a certain degree.

How much Cardio is she doing right now??? Is it possible she is not doing enough??? or needs to take it to the next level??? Or possible she needs to back off on the cardio somewhat......

Another thought is.... What is her diet like, and has she carbed up at all during this diet to shock her body??? You said she has already lost 30lbs, but is now at a sticking point.... This could be because her body has adapted...... You should remember that every 7-10 days, she should be eating a significant amount more calories then what she has in her diet, for a day. This will shock her body, and will do a couple of things for her. It will get her body functioning properly again, and upregulate anabolic hormones, as well as her Thyroid. Also it will be enough to convince her body that she is not starving and does not need to hold on to fat to live off of.

Review these issues and try some of these things, and I think your Wife will be pleasently suprised as she pushes past her sticking point in her diet!!
                      great post. interesting point about the ephedrine though, i've never heard of that....

additionally - when you say she works out 3x's a week, is she doing cardio or weight training or both? what does her workout aside from cardio look like, what's the intensity that she's doing them at?

there are so many options to look at before taking T3.

i've never run it myself, but i would say that reveiws of T3 are mixed. many people say no real effect. as with anything, diet is #1, and if the diet isn't in order, regardless of what "fat burining" compounds you put into your body, you're only goinig to get a short term loss or no loss at all.

Comment

my wife takes it on occasion if we know that we are going to be cheating that day. such as dinner with the parents or something like that. she will take 12.5 in the am and then 12.5 in the pm. but i agree with the others - T3 w/no anabolics is a very bad idea.

Comment

How long ago did she have the baby? If she is still breast feeding, I wouldn't give her any supplements at all.

Comment

Thanks for all the great replies! You guys are the best. Now that I kissed some ass.. I'm very Avare of the dangers of T3. I dont want to screw up her gland, that is why she never got a single t3 from me, and I had it for a year now... :) We had a baby 20 months ago so, no she is not breast feeding. She follow Atkins diet, low carbs (under 30g), high protein. She used to work out 5 times a week, cardio + running and lost 20lbs. Then the schedule changed unfortunately and she gained some back. I tried giving her clen and she didnt respond well I think, didnt do shit for her.... I have ECA at home so I will try to start her up on that for 8 weeks.

Bruce Banner, great post buddy! I agree totally, and will let her read your post. Thanks again my Iron Brothers!

Comment

Another thing for your wife to consider.......

Weight training as well as cardio, could make a huge difference for her!!! I realize most people are busy, and don't think they have time for both, but even if she does 45 mins cardio a day and 1 hour of weights..... it could make a big difference!! You have to remember that if she adds muscle while losing the fat, that it will make it easier for her body to burn calories daily, and make it easier to maintain her new weight, or even lose more. This is because muscle burns calories. That is the reason that huge bodybuilders can eat so much, and still have abs. Their Basil Metabolic Rate is probably over 2000 cals a day!! Meaning they will burn those calories even if they don't do anything all day.

So I suggest that she try adding some weight training, and see if she can add a little muscle while burning that fat!

Comment

Working...
                              X