Does Insulin have to be refrigerated?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Insulin have to be refrigerated?

One of my friends told me it has to be refrigerated after its been opened. And there is no way i'm sticking my slin in my parents refrigerator. I haven't got my slin yet but i thought i would ask before i got it. I thought it was only HGH and HCG that had to be refrigerated.

yes it does

Comment

for sure, just find something to hide it in

Comment

No it does not need to be refrigerated. Of cource it should be kept as cool as possable but it does not need to be in the fridge. if you read the little insert that comes with humulin-r it clearly says that it may be kept at room temp. fridge would be the best place for it but it will not go bad at room temp.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER
          No it does not need to be refrigerated. Of cource it should be kept as cool as possable but it does not need to be in the fridge. if you read the little insert that comes with humulin-r it clearly says that it may be kept at room temp. fridge would be the best place for it but it will not go bad at room temp.
          AWSOME! :D

Comment

Any one know where I can a users manule for Slin..

Liek a PDF document, or some thing online?

Comment

in the box from the manufacture it says to refigerate ( sp )

Comment

do a search (for manual type answers)

Comment

Originally posted by buyb12
                  in the box from the manufacture it says to refigerate ( sp )
                  ya and read the whole thing bro. it clearly says "if refidgeration is not an opption it may be kept at room temp"

Comment

ya and read the whole thing bro. it clearly says "if refidgeration is not an opption it may be kept at room temp"
                    those sound like some fighting words for buyb12. jk. I do beleive after 30 days of NO regrigeration, the insulin starts to degrade with humilin r. my diabetic friend keeps it refrigereated.

Comment

put it in the fridge

Comment

Originally posted by alwaysgrowing
                        those sound like some fighting words for buyb12. jk. I do beleive after 30 days of NO regrigeration, the insulin starts to degrade with humilin r. my diabetic friend keeps it refrigereated.
                        yes bro and i keep mine refrigerated also. im only telling you guys exactlly what it says on the insert.

Comment

Here you go - some info from the source.

http://www.lillydiabetes.com/Products/PatientInfo.cfm

DrG

Comment

put it in the refer lol

Comment

yes bro and i keep mine refrigerated also. im only telling you guys exactlly what it says on the insert.
                              im not tryin to argue with you.:agree: just stating what iu know to be the best way to preserve the slin

Comment

Working...
                              X