Low test levels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low test levels

I thought it would be prudent to get my test levels tested the other day, and needless to say I was concerned with the results.

This is what I got back

Total Cholesterol 131 mg/dL
    Trigycerides 70mg/dL
    HDL 49mg/dL
    LDL 68mg/dL
    Glucose fasting 97mg/dL which is borderline

And Test was... 489 ng/dL

That is very low. I am still young. The only thing i can think of is that it was because i hadnt been eating much the past two weeks, and they made me fast for the test in order to get my lipids tested. I am hoping that is the only reason that the levels were that low. I am looking to get a retest this week to see if it is really that low, becaus ethe levels fluctuate.

I have only done one cycle months ago, with proper PCT. I also have put on 13 pounds of mostly muscle since that cycle, so I am not sure how I could have low test levels.

shit i dont know what any of thoes number mean. you know test was once looked at as a birth control due to the fact that it lowers test levels. how permenent it is i dont know hopefully youll be fine good luck

Comment

Re: Low test levels

Originally posted by Severedties
      And Test was... 489 ng/dL

That is very low.
      That's actually pretty average. What were your free test levels? Those are the numbers that are important.

Comment

how many months have you been off?

it takes a while to come back to normal. and what is your normal? did you do a baseline test before you went on?

most guys are between 350-650 btw.

Comment

I would worry a little about your HDL. 49 is pretty low. If you get below 40 it could be dangerous. Try and get it up around 60 or higher.

Comment

Re: Re: Low test levels

Originally posted by beefcake
            That's actually pretty average. What were your free test levels? Those are the numbers that are important.
            not for a 20 year old male.

Shibby:

How would I go about raising my HDL, I am guessing cardio?

Comment

Clix:

My cycle was 6-7 months ago, and it was only a light cycle of test.

Comment

Severedties your numbers are not bad. try having a test level of 80. I should be a girl.

Comment

how old are you?

490 is real low for a 20 year old dude.

Comment

Bro, why are you touching juice if you are 20 years old?
                    anyways test levels should be in high normal range at that age, I know from myself. I was lifting since 17 years old I had my Test levels checked at 19 a couple years after leaving my pediatrician for a real doc, the range for free test of a 20-29 year old male was 35-85 pmol/L. I had 85. I didin't touch any gear till 10 years later. It's the free test that you need to worry about! It will take time!
                    Last edited by GreekTank; 01-12-05, 12:57 AM.

Comment

Any other thoughts on the topic?

Comment

Working...
                      X