Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Z-Tracking - How To Inj. Without Leaks...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z-Tracking - How To Inj. Without Leaks...

Posted by: "Sweet" at MuscleNexus

"This is the actual procedure to do IM injections directly out of one of my nursing textbooks. I hope it helps somebody.

It is recommended that, when administering IM injections, the Z-track method be used to minimise irritation by sealing the medication in muscle tissue. The nurse selects an IM site, preferably in larger, deeper muscles such as the ventrogluteal muscle. A new needle must be applied to the syringe after preparing the medication so that no solution remains on the needle shaft. After preparing the site with an antiseptic swab, the nurse pulls the overlying skin and subcutaneous tissues approximately 2.5-3.5 cm (1-1.5 in) laterally to the side. Holding the skin taut with the nondominant hand, the nurse injects the needle deep into the muscle. With practice, the nurse learns to hold the syringe and aspirate with one hand. The nurse injects the medication slowly if there is no blood return on aspiration. The needle remains inserted for 10 seconds to allow the medication to disperse evenly. The nurse then releases the skin after withdrawing the needle. This leaves a zig-zag path that seals the needle track where the tissue planes slide across each other. The medication can not escape from the muscle tissue.

Here is the diagram."

Most people find this beneficial when injecting B12...
    Attached Files

Yea, this technique probably isn't as well known as it should be, it's a helpful way to stop that pesky leaking out of juice that occurs occasionally. Good diagrams.

Comment

very rare for me to have any leak out or its just a drop but i like the idea of it and the pictures good post

Comment

Working...
      X