A post by Milos Sarcev about Insulin use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A post by Milos Sarcev about Insulin use

I thought it was pretty cool, Milos came to Avant and touched on low carb insulin use, heres one of his posts:

Humalog is insulin of my choice as well – it’s easiest to control, fastest in action and almost “designed” for post workout period for all the athletes (bodybuilders).

While many question the theory of windows of opportunity – I think it is vast amount of evidence that physiological preference of body trashed by intense weightlifting session (stress) is to take care of shock that just occurred (i.e. replacement or supercompensation of nutrients lost in process).

Action of Humalog is ideal in this event.
    Onset is 15 minutes upon intake, peak is within 45 and 75 minutes later, strong action start’s diminishing 2 hours after the intake and it’s completely out within 4 hours.
    Only true variable is curve after 2nd hour until the 4th (for some it drops dramatically fast and for some it is slow drop, which means that some insulin might linger in blood stream up until the 4th hour…).

But, assuming that our blood glucose level is quite reduced during the training we should make sure to use adequate amount of fast GLUCOSE delivering carbohydrate source – shortly after injection (IMO – 15 minutes later).
    If we are using pure Glucose (dextrose) – we can expect that glucose would take only minutes (2-4) to get in the blood stream and it would peak within 40 minutes (almost identical to Humalog curve). So, my suggestion is to take HALF of the initial mix of ideal post workout nutrients (glucose/fast absorbing protein/creatine/glutamine…) 15 minutes later for the first time and than wait for 15-20 minutes and ingest another half!

Shortly after (30-40 minutes later) I would suggest another low fat/high protein/complex carb meal – to take care of possible Humalog action post 2nd hour…

I see one of the products in your line of supplements that could be ideal for this purpose.
    Now, let me tell you something that might be disturbing!

For all natural athletes that take post workout drink composed of exactly those (or comparable) nutrients – there is documented evidence that frequent high elevation of blood glucose levels and for prolonged period of time –could be first on the list of suspects causing type 2 diabetes!

Humalog in this instance can be ideal “savior” as it would shuttle glucose as it comes, never allowing BG level to go too high and save beta cells from over producing endogenous insulin…Action is very short and intense – basically it’s inn and out…and your body goes back to it’s normal physiological pattern..

GH also acts in matter that produces hyperglycemia…and coupling these two facts – some of you taking GH and fast acting carbohydrate post workout drinks without exogenous insulin might want to reconsider your options (of course I expect attack after this note…)

Heres the whole thread:
    http://forum.avantlabs.com/index.php...T&f=12&t=4748&

Comment

Good info bro, tell him to come on over here. :)

Comment

Ill throw him an invite. For those who dont know, his board is milossacrev.com, it doesnt get too much traffic, so he answers a lot of questions.

Comment

Hey Pro, nice post

Comment

great postr bro. so if i get it it actually helps prevent dependency?

Comment

Thats what he claims, and much of what I have thought before.

Comment

Milos is one of the true gurus of this community, his advice is always as solids as it gets

Comment

thats pretty much how I was running it, shoot it post workout and take a whey/dextrose shake, 40 minutes later throw down one of those high calorie mass gainers

Comment

Milos board is quiet, but I don't know why - the guy loves to talk BB, and will answer just about anything. I really, really, respect him for his honesty (plus I love his quote - see my sig :D).

DrG

Comment

I pm'd him, hopefully he replies

Comment

Working...
                      X