Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long is safe to take insulin if post workout only?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long is safe to take insulin if post workout only?

After the completion of my recent cycle I have been "bridging" with Humalog slin. I take it post workout only (4x a week) and have worked my way up to 10iu's, and am not going any higher. My question is how long is it safe or advisable to slin postworkout? I want to run this untill my next cycle as it is greatly helping with keeping gains, but that would be for about 8 weeks. I have read everything possible on slin, but have not seen much about how long you can use it for before it loses effectiveness or causes damage. I've heard 4 weeks on then 2 or 4 off, but am looking for a real concrete answer

Thanks for your input

Been on 3 months so far. Everything is great.

I take 600mg rALA ED (not directly with slinl) to prevent any insulin desensitation though.

There are a few guys on AF that have used it for a good 6-9 months I believe.

Comment

Thats def good to hear. I think I might err on the side of caution and end it when my next cycle starts and then save it untill the next bridging period. It is greatly helping with retaining my gains and pump post cycle. Running the slin/clen/clomid/nolva/creatine for the last 3 weeks has pretty much kept 95% of my strength and I've gotten morning wood 3 days in a row so that seems like a good sign that test is back!

Comment

I used it for 6 months.

Comment

pro- did it lose any effectiveness in those 6 months, indicating any downregulation or something to that effect?

Comment

I felt downregulation after about 5 months.

Comment

Working...
            X